Controversial Training Methods

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Controversial Training Methods

Postby Kyle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 am

Doug were you the source in this?

Take note that it is from tribal...

Controversial training methods have Man City players irritated
19.02.10 | Andrew Slevison

The Italian has a habit of scheduling last minute sessions, often with less than a days’ notice and even his matchday methods are bothering some players.

A City source said: "Players are creatures of habit who like to know in advance when they're doing things and at what time, but that's not happening.

"At most clubs there's a set training time but Mancini keeps chopping and changing, which means the players can't plan things in advance."

The constant changes may have something to do with City’s dip in form in recent weeks with a loss to lowly Hull City, a so-so win over Bolton and uninspiring draws against Stoke City, which are a far cry from the opening four games Mancini oversaw, producing four strong wins.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Re: Controversial Training Methods

Postby Nige » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 am

maybe there is some method in this madness?

Kickoff times are all over the place these days so it may help their bodies deal with 100% effort at varying points of the day.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:26 am

Sorry, but if i am told i have to be at training at 9, 3, 10, or 5 oclock, it is not going to stop me taking the content on board

If someone says I have to do this, and my trainer says I have to do that to be successful, I do it, no question
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:54 am

johnpb78 wrote:Sorry, but if i am told i have to be at training at 9, 3, 10, or 5 oclock, it is not going to stop me taking the content on board

If someone says I have to do this, and my trainer says I have to do that to be successful, I do it, no question

I know! Seriously! They have to stretch and kick a ball about for a few hours a day. How awful! Boo fucking hoo.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:54 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Sorry, but if i am told i have to be at training at 9, 3, 10, or 5 oclock, it is not going to stop me taking the content on board

I know! Seriously! They have to stretch and kick a ball about for a few hours a day. How awful! Boo fucking hoo.

1000 posts! a-thank-you!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:02 am

I can see why players could get pissed off with this and can understand that differing times with little notice would piss me off too.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 am

Another story of unrest in the City camp coming out just before Liverpools biggest game of the season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:12 am

john68 wrote:I can see why players could get pissed off with this and can understand that differing times with little notice would piss me off too.

Ah you mean it might force them to give up on some other cash generating appointment, or some snooker , or in the case of someone like a Chelsea defender, on changing WAG get togethers times ?

Their (the players ) priority is to City , they get paid wages from City and if the trainer wants them to train they do it, simple as that. No worse than being called in for an extra session after say, a poor result.

Another report on a web site with no source, or quote from any player or member of staff.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blue wine » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:22 am

what a load of bollox!!!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Erwin Rommel » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:52 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Another story of unrest in the City camp coming out just before Liverpools biggest game of the season.

The last time I recall sztories like this under a new City manager was Alan Ball. This guy is shite. Boring football, defensive midfielders, annoys all the players, strange tatics, players out of position. Bally has been resurected and wears a scarf instead of a flat cap.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:17 am

zuricity wrote:
john68 wrote:I can see why players could get pissed off with this and can understand that differing times with little notice would piss me off too.

Ah you mean it might force them to give up on some other cash generating appointment, or some snooker , or in the case of someone like a Chelsea defender, on changing WAG get togethers times ?

Their (the players ) priority is to City , they get paid wages from City and if the trainer wants them to train they do it, simple as that. No worse than being called in for an extra session after say, a poor result.

Another report on a web site with no source, or quote from any player or member of staff.

What a load of shit,players do have lives outside of football.

When they finish training they dont just switch off batteries and sit in a darkened room till the next day.

Oh and Mancini not making up his mind doesnt just effect players,its affects everyone that is involved with the squad.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:12 am

hmmm its strange why hes always changing training times, there is no real logic to it.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby trout man » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 am

This has been bothering me for some weeks now, but as some posters have said on here, we are not premiership managers...never will be...and there is a reason why people like Mancini win titles. We have to trust that he is working to a game plan and that his master plan will eventually produce consistent results. However, most people do respond better to routine and understanding exactly what is or will be required from them...communication is essential.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:22 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
zuricity wrote:

What a load of shit,players do have lives outside of football.

When they finish training they dont just switch off batteries and sit in a darkened room till the next day.

Oh and Mancini not making up his mind doesnt just effect players,its affects everyone that is involved with the squad.

Amen.

CARL you tried to tell me this guy talks sense most of the time. I've looked over every post he's made since you said that to make sure I haven't lost my mind and sure enough, he's a fucking loo laa.

No offence zuri ;)
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:29 am

The only thing that appears to be an issue is the changing of times for training according to the quote that started this thread. Changing training times is not Controversial training methods. Not at all.

Pick out something 'looney' in that statement OD
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 am

zuricity wrote:The only thing that appears to be an issue is the changing of times for training according to the quote from that started this thread. Changing training times is not Controversial training methods. Not at all.

Defending him - Its a known fact that different people hit their peak at different times in the day. Simple explanation?

However despite my earlier post that they should be available at any time of the day, I was being a bit harsh there. Footballers do have other commitments, not necessarily endorsements, but often charitable work or even normal family life like picking the kids up from school which needs to be scheduled in advance.

I retract what I said last night, as when I posted i wasnt aware that no notice was being given as to the start times - which is bang out of order to be fair, people are allowed a life outside of their job.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 am

Erwin Rommel wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Another story of unrest in the City camp coming out just before Liverpools biggest game of the season.

The last time I recall sztories like this under a new City manager was Alan Ball. This guy is shite. Boring football, defensive midfielders, annoys all the players, strange tatics, players out of position. Bally has been resurected and wears a scarf instead of a flat cap.

You may be right you may be wrong but the timing of these stories of unrest is no accident imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Erwin Rommel wrote:

You may be right you may be wrong but the timing of these stories of unrest is no accident imo.

I'm all for conspiracy theories, but this story could have come out any time over the rest of the season and we would have said it was designed to unsettle us because we threaten to break the establishment. I dont see the significance that we are playing Liverpool.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:03 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Erwin Rommel wrote:

I'm all for conspiracy theories, but this story could have come out any time over the rest of the season and we would have said it was designed to unsettle us because we threaten to break the establishment. I dont see the significance that we are playing Liverpool.

Over the years, more of this kind of stuff, or so called 'nailed on' transfers away has come out before big games v the usual suspects than at any other time.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 am

johnpb78 wrote:
zuricity wrote:The only thing that appears to be an issue is the changing of times for training according to the quote from that started this thread. Changing training times is not Controversial training methods. Not at all.

Defending him - Its a known fact that different people hit their peak at different times in the day. Simple explanation?

However despite my earlier post that they should be available at any time of the day, I was being a bit harsh there. Footballers do have other commitments, not necessarily endorsements, but often charitable work or even normal family life like picking the kids up from school which needs to be scheduled in advance.

I retract what I said last night, as when I posted i wasnt aware that no notice was being given as to the start times - which is bang out of order to be fair, people are allowed a life outside of their job.

Your points about other commitments are fair John. Of course you would expect that squad members would be able to confirm to the Manager if a change might be a problem. They are adults after all and I'm sure if a comment was so important any manager, not just Mancini, would allow that commitment to be kept.

If no notice is being given, it might well be that City have a period during the day when some form of training may take place and their attendence is required whatever? I'm sure the Club could clear this up if a reporter asked about it.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum