MANCINI V BELLERS...SHOCKING.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MANCINI V BELLERS...SHOCKING.

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:39 pm

THIS STORY IS COMPLETE AND UTTER BULL

AND IT SMELLS LIKE A FEEBLE ATTEMPT TO UPSET US AND PUT A SPANNER IN THE WORKS PROBABLY BECAUSE OF THE HIGH PROFILE MARKETING CAMPAIGN WE ARE DOING USING BELLERS.

FORGET ABOUT IT ITS TOTAL CRAP
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 pm

I wonder what is written on the paper?

In all seriousness though I think the players are struggling to understand what he wants them to do. They looked perplexed and rigid on the field looking like they are trying to second guess what they should be doing under the tactics rather than just watching the ball, seeing how the game develops naturally and look for openings based on the opposition making mistakes and been out of position.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:51 pm

But how do such stories get out in the open in the first place!! I cant see either of them running to the newspapers with this one. We have heard these sorts of stories many times- eg the players supposedly storming up to Gary Cooks office after Hughes was sacked..

Im not getting overly worked up on this one at the mo. Ill wait for something a little more concrete. Im defo not going to resort in slagging our player or our manager off just because of some story some crap news paper has published..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:52 pm

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:53 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:The only reliable sourse.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... for-Sunday

Its a reliable source of the side of the story you want to believe
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:54 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Image

In all seriousness though I think the players are struggling to understand what he wants them to do. They looked perplexed and rigid on the field looking like they are trying to second guess what they should be doing under the tactics rather than just watching the ball, seeing how the game develops naturally and look for openings based on the opposition making mistakes and been out of position.

The last train for Cardiff leaves at 10.30 platform 1 :)

I think its just paper bollox tbh Cant let liddle City upset the super 4 now can we .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:58 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

Ok. Tabloids are more reliable than official sources.
It's up to You: fully entitled.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:58 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Image

I know the manager plays a huge part.But these are pro footballers at the end of the day. They ent robots that need programming.Surely there isnt anything stopping them from going out onto the field and just playing footbal!!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Alfie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Interesting that some crap from The sun is taken seriously while most isn't (and shouldn't). It seems that this is just what some people want to hear to be able keep moaning about the manager.

Even though this is most likely bollox, at the very most storm in a tea cup, it sticks in peoples minds as something negative associated with Mancini. Hence next time around the patience and respect regarding Mancini will be damaged, caused by a fabricated story. so the double standards regarding The sun and the rest of the lot is quite frustrating in cases like this.
Alfie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Alfie wrote:Interesting that some crap from The sun is taken seriously while most isn't (and shouldn't). It seems that this is just what some people want to hear to be able keep moaning about the manager.

Thanks for writing it mate, I was thinking about doing it myself but then decided not to beother, but now that someone has come out with it, I have to say I feel the same.

Besides, Doug's report is further confirmation that this is only bollocks, and while they probably had a word or two, it's nothing like reported by the Sun.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby david yearsley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Do people on here think though that this is symptomatic of the pressure Mancio is under - is it starting to get to him?
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby sidSmith » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Alfie wrote:Interesting that some crap from The sun is taken seriously while most isn't (and shouldn't). It seems that this is just what some people want to hear to be able keep moaning about the manager.

Thanks for writing it mate, I was thinking about doing it myself but then decided not to beother, but now that someone has come out with it, I have to say I feel the same.

Besides, Doug's report is further confirmation that this is only bollocks, and while they probably had a word or two, it's nothing like reported by the Sun.

Me too, but it wasn't coming out as being very diplomatic. I'm not happy about Mancini and the style of football right now but I think this thread has been a great excuse to feed the frenzy and serve an agenda.

All it has done is help The Sun out by highlighting the shit that has been thrown at the club again, some of which will undoubtedly stick. Ask a few non-City fans about the watches that were given as gifts. Not many realise that The Sun issued the smallest apology they could get away with and that we handed the money we received in damages to charity.

All just before a big game as well. Perfect.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

david yearsley wrote:Do people on here think though that this is symptomatic of the pressure Mancio is under - is it starting to get to him?

i thought that initially, then watched the vid on the OS, then thought no it is not a sign of the pressure and i posted that it was a load of b*ll*x, then i read Doug's training post where he confirms that allegedly Greg got out of his car looking very angry!

my thinking now is that this was engineered by our marketing peeps, to get the build up to the Pool game going.
Why?
because it centers on Bellers, and he is the Beast in a well organised and impressive marketing campaign.. JUST FOR THIS GAME!

i just cant put it past them that they might try and do this to launch the controversy into the national press and let the viral campaign piggy back it to up the ante for the game and get City's name everywhere.

i think the ' and dont come back for three months' line is the key phrase that does it for me.

Lets see what happens and if the press take it and chew on it
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Burt wrote:
MARKMAKAVELI wrote:I thought the person who told me this a few days ago was bullshitting me. Shit.

Sorry for being senile Mark but how can you have been told a few days ago if it only happened yesterday or am I missing summat?

I was told a few days ago but assumed the person was on the wind up. If this happened, it happened before yesterday, there is no way the person would of prophesised it!

edit: now I'm confused. Am I right in sayin Mancini admitted words were exchanged? That's the version I heard but it was days ago? Supposedly before this happened?!
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Guy Debord » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Even though this is most likely bollox, at the very most storm in a tea cup, it sticks in peoples minds as something negative associated with Mancini. Hence next time around the patience and respect regarding Mancini will be damaged, caused by a fabricated story. so the double standards regarding The sun and the rest of the lot is quite frustrating in cases like this.

Quality post that, our kid
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:04 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

Why in Gods name would you CHOOSE to believe a reporter from the Sun rather than the manager? Is it true that Bellamy has been kicked out for 6 months? Do you know for sure the reporter stood there from 7 in the morning until evening watching the front gate at City to see whether Bellamy came in or out? What's the matter with you man? Sort yourself out, your'e supposed to be a City fan aren't you?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:08 pm

It makes you wonder...what's it all about?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:32 pm

People will believe what they want to believe and if they read something that fits their own perception or bolsters their arguments then they will seize upon it irrespective of the the source. The media still has the hump over the Hughes sacking so any chance to beat Mancini over the head is gratefully received so short of Mancini winning every game by 3 clear goals and with outstanding performances then he is fair game which is pretty much the same on here given in the last few games he has betrayed our long standing tradition of the way we play the beautiful game. Personally I thought we just used to fuck things up and whilst this was undoubtedly exciting I am not sure it was for the right reasons.

So Mancini and Bellers probably did have a bit of a set to - like a manager never has a bit of aggro with a player ala MoN indulging in a spot of fisticuffs with Reo-coker earlier this season (allegedly) and Hughes never stopped having aggro with players last season. As long as everyone is big boys about it and just get on with the job they are paid to bloody well do then who cares.

Although I can see Bellers and some of the others getting confused by the training if it involves trying to absorb the tactical info Mancini seems to be trying to cram down them as quickly as poss :)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 pm

So, was this a 'Rocky v Clubber Lang' type shocking?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ruralblue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:47 pm

None of this is to actually do with Craig Bellamy anyway, just watched the pre match conference and it is a GREG, defo Greg.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum