Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:01 am

Manchester City are revolting.. because of Mancini's training methods
Roberto Mancini is facing a dressing-room revolt among his Manchester City players over his controversial training ground methods.
Several City players are unhappy at Mancini's habit of changing their training schedule at the last minute, leaving them little time to plan their lives.
And at least one senior first-team player believes the training sessions themselves lack the intensity of those under Mancini's predecessor Mark Hughes.
Mancini is fond of changing City's training schedule on a whim, often with less than 24 hours' notice, which is proving an ongoing source of irritation to several squad members.
City's recent drop off in results would seem to indicate a disillusionment among some of Mancini's players, despite them having scrambled to fourth in the Premier League.
Defeat at Hull, an unconvincing win over Bolton and successive draws against Stoke have stripped City of the early euphoria of life under Mancini, who won his first four games.
City have looked disjointed and lethargic in recent games, with some players seemingly finding it hard to willingly adapt to Mancini's methods both on and off the pitch.
The Italian is known for placing more emphasis on defensive duties than Hughes, evident in his decision to deploy three holding midfielders in City's last two games.
That has served to alienate some of City's more attack-minded players, who feel they are being marginalised under Mancini's pragmatic and cautious approach to games.
A City source said: "Players are creatures of habit who like to know in advance when they're doing things and at what time, but that's not happening.
"At most clubs there's a set training time but Mancini keeps chopping and changing, which means the players can't plan things in advance." Mancini is so desperate to succeed at City he is undergoing daily two-hour English lessons at Salford University in a bid to communicate more effectively with his players.
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini was involved in a heated exchange with Craig Bellamy after the Welsh striker refused to train on Thursday with one of the Italian's staff.
The Sun
MCF.NET THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=30601

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is keen on Fiorentina full-back Juan Manuel Vargas. (Daily Star)

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Ajax striker Luis Suarez has snubbed interest from Chelsea and Manchester City and given Manchester United and Arsenal the green light to launch a £30m summer move for him. (Daily Star)

Arsenal have also been put on alert after the agent of Lazio striker Mauro Zarate claimed he could walk out of the Italian club.Daily Mail

West Ham defender Matthew Upson is refusing to commit his long-term future to the club. The Sun

Meanwhile, Hammers midfielder Valon Behrami is an £8m summer target for Bundesliga outfit Stuttgart. (The Sun)

Stoke are chasing Wigan midfielder Paul Scharner, who looks set to leave the DW Stadium on a free transfer when his contract expires in the summer.Daily Mirror

Portsmouth defender Nadir Belhadj said he would be "very interested" in joining Barcelona after the reigning European champions renewed their interest in the Algerian.The Sun

Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici is a £2m target for Tottenham. The Sun

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... reea-raicu

OTHER BOLLOX
Portsmouth's plea to allow them to sell players outside the transfer window has fallen on deaf ears at Fifa. Daily Telegraph

The Fratton Park club are clear to sell their players under a little-known 'club in crisis' rule but, in the process, they will be hit with a nine-point penalty by the Premier League. Daily Mirror

But cash-strapped Pompey have been offered a loan of £10m from West Ham co-owner David Gold offered to prevent them from going bust. The Sun

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish is set to commit his long-term future to the club by signing a new deal. The Guardian

Sir Alex Ferguson says AC Milan made a tactical error by playing David Beckham in the centre of midfield against Manchester United in his team's Champions League victory. The Guardian

United supporters angry at the ownership regime of the Glazer family have brought their 'green and gold' protest to the driveway of Old Trafford chief executive David Gill, attaching a banner to the gates of his home. Daily Mail

England boss Fabio Capello will name Wayne Bridge and John Terry in the squad for the friendly against Egypt on 3 March. Terry is alleged to have had an affair with Bridge's former partner but Capello has warned both defenders not to bring any personal tensions with them. The Times

Nigeria are preparing to snatch Wigan's new signing Victor Moses from under the nose of Capello with the lure of a place in their World Cup squad this summer. Daily Mail

Fifa president Sepp Blatter is backing under-fire referee Martin Hansson, criticised for giving the free-kick that led to Porto's winner against Arsenal in the Champions League on Wednesday. The Times

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans should watch where he sits in the changing room after manager Sir Alex Ferguson admitted giving him the hairdryer treatment in the match against AC Milan because "he was the nearest defender to me". Sir Alex said: "Our whole back four were going to get it, but he's unfortunate."
Daily Mail

Stoke midfielder Diego Arismendi has been accused of driving a neighbour crazy by playing football in his flat at all hours of the night. Plastic surgeon Dr Muhammad Khan, who lives above the Uruguayan, said the player's rowdy antics were forcing him out of his home.(The Sun)

Armed raiders have stolen 50,000 new-design England away shirts worth £2m from a lorry. Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 am

Chopping and changing training times was pretty much confirmed by Doug.

I can imagine that would piss you off royally. Fair enough they get paid stupid amounts of money, but its bound to frustrate folk.

This could be the truest bollox you've ever posted.
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:30 am

True Bollox? Hmmm I'll have to raise my game.

Manchester City Rely Too Much On Carlos Tevez - Didi Hamann
Former Liverpool and Manchester City midfielder Didi Hamann believes that the Eastlands club are over-reliant on striker Carlos Tevez, as a date with their Merseyside counterparts on Sunday looms large.
As accusations fly over the Anfield outfit's dependency on skipper Steven Gerrard and striker Fernando Torres, the Istanbul hero decided to highlight what he sees as a similar situation at City, where the Citizens have found the going tough without their Argentine hitman.
Tevez is currently in his homeland following personal problems concerning his partner, who prematurely delivered a baby. It has been speculated that the energetic forward may not make it back in time for the clash with the club's immediate rivals for the all-important fourth place, which comes with the added value of offering the chance to brush shoulders with Europe's elite in the Champions League.
"City started well under [manager Roberto] Mancini, but have gone off the boil at bit," Hamann said in an interview with The Mirror.
"Tevez is so important to him and in some respects they are perhaps over-reliant on him. They're not the same team without him.
"Stephen Ireland also hasn't been as influential a figure as he was last season, plus they have been disrupted by losing players to the Africa Cup of Nations.
"I just think that with City, they struggle a bit if they don't have their first XI out. They haven't been playing well and they've lost a bit of confidence."
The German consequently insists that the force is with the Reds to carve out a result, following City's indifferent run of form in recent weeks.
In their last five games, the Eastlands club have beaten relegation strugglers Portsmouth and Bolton Wanderers, drawn twice with Stoke City, and suffered a loss against Hull City at the KC Stadium.
"I think four weeks ago, fourth place was City's to lose, but they have hit a rocky spell and Liverpool have managed to claw their way back into it," Hamann told The Mirror.
"From being in a great position in the table, things have changed for City. Before with their games in hand, a draw would not have been a bad result for them, but I think things have changed now to the extent where they need the three points more than Liverpool do.
"I think it's got to the point where City need to beat Liverpool on Sunday to have any realistic chance of getting into the Champions League.
"If they do, then they will be in a good position and they will be four points ahead of Liverpool with a game in hand."
The former Newcastle United player then focused on the bigger picture with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa still hot on the heels of the two clubs in question, harbouring their own ambitions of breaking into the top four.
Birmingham-based Villa are in seventh place, but have a game in hand over the Reds and Spurs. But the 36-year-old tips Rafael Benitez's men to hold maintain their tradition of consistently finishing in the top four.
"I think Liverpool, with the form they are showing and with Torres back sooner rather than later, will finish strongly," Hamann added.
"You can't rule out Aston Villa or Tottenham, but if Torres comes back and starts scoring like we know he can, then I can't see anyone catching Liverpool.
"I really fancy them to get a result on Sunday. If they do, I would back them to go on and get fourth place and I certainly wouldn't have said that just before Christmas when they lost at Portsmouth.
"Things are looking much brighter for them and they had put together a seven-match unbeaten run in the league before losing to Arsenal.
"Under Benitez, they always seem to finish strongly and a key factor is that they have the experience of competing for big prizes at this stage of the season. City don't have that know-how yet. That's why I'm going to go with Liverpool."

Jose Mourinho set to be at centre of summer tug-of-war between Manchester City and Real Madrid
Real's 1-0 Champions League defeat in Lyon has increased the pressure on Manuel Pellegrini, and sources in Spain claim the Spanish club received a positive response when Mourinho's representatives were approached.
The Special One: Jose Mourinho could leave Inter this summer
Mourinho has three years to run on his Inter Milan contract but this can be terminated for £6m during the summer.
Roberto Mancini's agreement with City stipulates a get-out clause after six months and after a bright start as Mark Hughes' successor the Italian is struggling to maintain that early momentum.
Mourinho has made no secret that he would like to return to English football but the prospect of winning a title in a fourth country may sway the Portuguese towards Madrid.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 am

Chinners wrote:Jose Mourinho set to be at centre of summer tug-of-war between Manchester City and Real Madrid
Real's 1-0 Champions League defeat in Lyon has increased the pressure on Manuel Pellegrini, and sources in Spain claim the Spanish club received a positive response when Mourinho's representatives were approached.
Mourinho has three years to run on his Inter Milan contract but this can be terminated for £6m during the summer.
Roberto Mancini's agreement with City stipulates a get-out clause after six months and after a bright start as Mark Hughes' successor the Italian is struggling to maintain that early momentum.
Mourinho has made no secret that he would like to return to English football but the prospect of winning a title in a fourth country may sway the Portuguese towards Madrid.

So, loads of people want change in summer and most name Mourinho as Mancini's successor. What if he prefers Real? Who then?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:39 am

Throw 30 million and a massive budget at Pep Guardiola would be my choice
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:41 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Chinners wrote:Jose Mourinho set to be at centre of summer tug-of-war between Manchester City and Real Madrid

So, loads of people want change in summer and most name Mourinho as Mancini's successor. What if he prefers Real? Who then?

That's the problem when you start sacking managers for no good reason, if the next one doesn't perform you often end up worse off, then you find you've won fuck all 30 odd years later. That's why I would have left the last manager in charge for several more years & would be happy to do the same with Mancini IF he starts playing football.

What if we do get Mourinho & he fails? What do we do then? Swales would know.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

That's the problem when you start sacking managers for no good reason, if the next one doesn't perform you often end up worse off, then you find you've won fuck all 30 odd years later. That's why I would have left the last manager in charge for several more years & would be happy to do the same with Mancini IF he starts playing football.

This is no pro- or anti-Mancini post but that thought sends shivers down my spine. We would've gone through two previously succesful young(ish) managers. Where would we go from there? Probably through likes of Redknapp and couple of unproven managers not up for the job, odd foreign no names and so on. Hire them and sack them. Hire them and sack them. Ad infinitum. With probably none of them being succesfull.

Whether Mancini is or isn't the man is up for discussion BUT we will HAVE to find our man sooner rather than later and give someone change in mid to long term.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:09 pm

He wouldn't get the control at Real Madrid that he'd have at City. I've no idea who the Manager at Real Madrid is.

My only concern if Madrid come knocking for him is that he'll go there because they have the pulling power that nobody else has. Kaka went in seconds.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

This is no pro- or anti-Mancini post but that thought sends shivers down my spine. We would've gone through two previously succesful young(ish) managers. Where would we go from there? Probably through likes of Redknapp and couple of unproven managers not up for the job, odd foreign no names and so on. Hire them and sack them. Hire them and sack them. Ad infinitum. With probably none of them being succesfull.

Whether Mancini is or isn't the man is up for discussion BUT we will HAVE to find our man sooner rather than later and give someone change in mid to long term.

It's not just a cliche' that the majority of successful clubs here have tended to let managers build & rode out the rough patches. Ferguson made the point after playing that little Brazilian wimp v AC Milan that he'll learn from the mistakes he made & become beter because of them & I think that's what Ferguson did at OT. He tried both Hughes' & Mancini's methods & ended up with something else having assimilated the knowledge.

My hope is that Mancini will start to attack more, Mourinho will go to Madrid & we'll happily carry on but I can't bear to watch much more of the present stuff so if he keeps that up I'll be going back on my usual philosophy & asking for change. We have to stop this merrygoround at some point soon though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

it's almost like yr taking the piss here tho with that commentary.

we had a fantastically attacking mindset under the last manager, and yeah i was frustrated and thought he'd lost the plot but to cry now for some stability when we're playing some seriously shite football compared to drawing 3-3 or winning 4-3 is hard to read to be honest.

Maybe Mancini can fix it from back to front...and he's only had a few weeks or work to get it sorted, but we're a neutered puppy at this point with little to excite. Hope that changes quickly and we get our swagger back.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:58 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

it's almost like yr taking the piss here tho with that commentary.

we had a fantastically attacking mindset under the last manager, and yeah i was frustrated and thought he'd lost the plot but to cry now for some stability when we're playing some seriously shite football compared to drawing 3-3 or winning 4-3 is hard to read to be honest.

Maybe Mancini can fix it from back to front...and he's only had a few weeks or work to get it sorted, but we're a neutered puppy at this point with little to excite. Hope that changes quickly and we get our swagger back.

cheers

Look, I've been pro-stability for the most of the past 15 years or so. Eversince Royle took over. In the end of the Pearce era and most of the Hughes era I wasn't happy about the man in charge for whatever reasons but to analyse the way I see the things oshould (and should've been) done during my about 25 years supporting City through year and a half under Hughes is nothing short of fucking ridiculous.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:but to analyse the way I see the things oshould (and should've been) done during my about 25 years supporting City through year and a half under Hughes is nothing short of fucking ridiculous.

yr really going to resort to a 'ive supported City way longer than you' argument to avoid a conversation?

alright, fine.

My point isn't ridiculous. I promise you.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:but to analyse the way I see the things oshould (and should've been) done during my about 25 years supporting City through year and a half under Hughes is nothing short of fucking ridiculous.

yr really going to resort to a 'ive supported City way longer than you' argument to avoid a conversation?

alright, fine.

cheers

Eh?

That had fuck all to do with whose supported who longer. It was a statement you should've read carefully and thought "yeah, he might have a point, I have no idea what his approach is in long term".

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

alright, fine.

cheers

Eh?

That had fuck all to do with whose supported who longer. It was a statement you should've read carefully and thought "yeah, he might have a point, I have no idea what his approach is in long term".

maybe i'm not capable of interpreting the words, but i dont see anything in what you've written other than 'ive stuck by this side a long time, you can't use my lack of support for Hughes as a measure of my interest in stability'

and i'm saying that your calls for stability after 18 months of unsettling on a daily basis ring hollow, esp. when the results have been craptastic and the football a fucking mare. Sit on your hands for a minute and see how this plays out. I hope Mancini sorts this shit, but if he doesn't change the way we're playing before the end of the season and this squad nicks 6th or 7th or 8th are you really going to be hoping he gets another season to sort it? i'll be pretty mixed. I don't want more change for change sake, but at some point you have to ask the question.

this isn't mancini out, to paraphrase your anti-Hughes rants. ;)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:29 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

alright, fine.

cheers

Eh?

maybe i'm not capable of interpreting the words, but i dont see anything in what you've written other than 'ive stuck by this side a long time, you can't use my lack of support for Hughes as a measure of my interest in stability'

and i'm saying that your calls for stability after 18 months of unsettling on a daily basis ring hollow, esp. when the results have been craptastic and the football a fucking mare. Sit on your hands for a minute and see how this plays out. I hope Mancini sorts this shit, but if he doesn't change the way we're playing before the end of the season and this squad nicks 6th or 7th or 8th are you really going to be hoping he gets another season to sort it? i'll be pretty mixed. I don't want more change for change sake, but at some point you have to ask the question.

cheers

And what is your point? you are drawing some great fucking conclusions about my approach to game over what I felt about Hughes? How fucking ridiculous and to some extent insulting that is.

Are you sure you are not doing this to appease some of the big boys and cause some absolutely fucking pointless arguments?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

alright, fine.

cheers

Eh?

cheers

And what is your point? you are drawing some great fucking conclusions about my approach to game over what I felt about Hughes? How fucking ridiculous and to some extent insulting that is.

Are you sure you are not doing this to appease some of the big boys and cause some absolutely fucking pointless arguments?

laff. Big boys? i am one of the big boys. ;)

my comments aren't insulting...honestly. read them. i'm trying to having an actual conversation with you and you keep dragging up bullshit. if you want to talk about it PM me...i don't want to start some stupid back and forth bullshit like this is devolving into.

i <3 you. and won't respond again unless you call me silly names or infer that im a puppet being controlled by some alleged mystery gang of "big boys" who apparently have something out for you, etc.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Eh?

cheers

laff. Big boys? i am one of the big boys. ;)

my comments aren't insulting...honestly. read them. i'm trying to having an actual conversation with you and you keep dragging up bullshit. if you want to talk about it PM me...i don't want to start some stupid back and forth bullshit like this is devolving into.

i <3 you. and won't respond again unless you call me silly names or infer that im a puppet being controlled by some alleged mystery gang of "big boys" who apparently have something out for you, etc.

cheers

Fair enough big boy.

I feel that this subject has been done to death now.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:44 pm

I don't think people should be PMing each other about 'big boys'. I'm sure there are more suitable forums for that sort of thing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

But that's the problem, what is good reason? I didn't rate Hughes, thought he overspent on players and had no tactical sense, hence all the draws. I understand why Mancini went defensive early on, but if he keeps it up, I'll be having serious doubts about him too. Both are just opinion and unless we find a manager who wins something, it will always be subjective about whether we are moving forwards or not and at a fast enough pace. Sticking with a manager is the right thing to do, once you find the right manager. Frank Clark wouldn't be a decent manager if he was still in charge now.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby kinkylola » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:50 pm

i'm a big boy.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum