Just like old times.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Just like old times.

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:06 am

Aaahh, happy days. You can feel the split into Bobby In/Out factions coming. And we thought sacking Les would bring unity. Hurrah!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: Just like old times.

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:09 am

welcome back, johnson the answer to your petrov nightmare???
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:12 am

You mean do I enjoy seeing a winger run at a full back with confidence and belief? Oh yes. That is what it is supposed to be like. No doubt we'll soon knock the stuffing out of him though. Very pleased with him so far, and really hope that people can see the difference. Petrov was at his disgraceful worst against Stoke in the cup.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:42 am

I don't think it will cause the divisions that leslie did
A) no ex-UTD elephant in the room "Its not that, honestly!"
B) Even the Mancini supporters admit the football is dire at the moment, apart from 1 or 2
C) We now know that our owners will stop at nothing to get success, including changing managers

I'll support Mancini but the football that we're playing at the moment has to end or we'll be on the recieving end of fuck all.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mike J » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:50 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:You mean do I enjoy seeing a winger run at a full back with confidence and belief? Oh yes. That is what it is supposed to be like. No doubt we'll soon knock the stuffing out of him though. Very pleased with him so far, and really hope that people can see the difference. Petrov was at his disgraceful worst against Stoke in the cup.

got to agree i think he's toss.

absolute pussy as well.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Aaahh, happy days. You can feel the split into Bobby In/Out factions coming. And we thought sacking Les would bring unity. Hurrah!

If anything, it merely exposed the true differences between the Support. Hughes could've been any one of a dozen people.

It's really opened my eyes.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Wooders wrote:I don't think it will cause the divisions that leslie did
B) Even the Mancini supporters admit the football is dire at the moment, apart from 1 or 2
C) We now know that our owners will stop at nothing to get success, including changing managers

I'll support Mancini but the football that we're playing at the moment has to end or we'll be on the recieving end of fuck all.

I'd agree with this. I think it's mostly "I'm not happy about the way Hughes was sacked and going to let people who wanted him gone hear about it" added to the fact that joga bonito isn't really there right now and we are playing "results football".

It will go in time I'm sure. There are one or two people who will never give him a chance until he goes, probably certain former posters under disguise, but other than that I think peace will be restored one way or another. Regardless of whether Mancini stays or goes.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I'd agree with this. I think it's mostly "I'm not happy about the way Hughes was sacked and going to let people who wanted him gone hear about it" added to the fact that joga bonito isn't really there right now and we are playing "results football".

It will go in time I'm sure. There are one or two people who will never give him a chance until he goes, probably certain former posters under disguise, but other than that I think peace will be restored one way or another. Regardless of whether Mancini stays or goes.

You're probably right NQDP, but it certianly peps the forum up again.
I actually find Bobby an easily likeable chappie, but the football feels like a step backwards and is a real cause for concern. Strangely it's the kind of stuff I'd have feared getting from a Jose managed team.
But these disagreements between us all are what keeps debate and opinion healthy and entertaining.
I preferred what i was watching when Hughes was manager though...ha ha is that allowed?
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Andy, lincs » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Which wouldn't be so bad if it were effective but draws against Stoke and beatings from Everton and Hull and dire, gutless performances (20 mins aside) against the rags is hardly "results football".
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 pm

The bit I don't get is this " and we are playing "results football".

We aren't really are we. We are playing crap football which will probably get results against crap teams like Wolves,BBurn,Pompey, Bolton but it didnt did it against Everton , Stoke , Scum , Hull . Only the next few games if it carries on with the same football will we be able to tell if it's results football.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The bit I don't get is this " and we are playing "results football".

We aren't really are we. We are playing crap football which will probably get results against crap teams like Wolves,BBurn,Pompey, Bolton but it didnt did it against Everton , Stoke , Scum , Hull . Only the next few games if it carries on with the same football will we be able to tell if it's results football.

you can't call it results when you don't get them. When you don't get them it's called Crap Football.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 pm

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....FUCKING...............RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

At last the penny seems to have dropped that..."we are not grinding out results"...we are actually still dropping the same type of points against the same type of teams that we were previously....and we are not playing good football, nor entertaining the customers.
There has been little or no improvement in our lot...or our league position. Despite all around us dropping points like trees in Autumn (Fall for the septics) and the fact that we have just completed some of easiest league fixtures of the season...we have not been able to capitalise on it.

...and before anyone posts that Hughes did this or that...I don't care what Hughes did or didn't do...he has gone.
...and I am not calling for Mancini to be sacked....I just want the improvement that should have come with ther change.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The bit I don't get is this " and we are playing "results football".

I don't understand this "result football" stuff either.

"Result football" would mean playing shit but winning. Not playing shit and drawing at home against Stoke or away against 10m Stoke and getting absolutely slaughtered against Everton and even outplayed by Hull.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Somerset Blue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 pm

They talk about needing to have the ability to "win ugly" to be successful - well, we've done a bit of that but unfortunately we also seem to be perfecting the art of drawing ugly and losing ugly too. But Sunday will change all that!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby crossan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:57 pm

john68 wrote:HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....FUCKING...............RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

At last the penny seems to have dropped that..."we are not grinding out results"...we are actually still dropping the same type of points against the same type of teams that we were previously....and we are not playing good football, nor entertaining the customers.
There has been little or no improvement in our lot...or our league position. Despite all around us dropping points like trees in Autumn (Fall for the septics) and the fact that we have just completed some of easiest league fixtures of the season...we have not been able to capitalise on it.

...and before anyone posts that Hughes did this or that...I don't care what Hughes did or didn't do...he has gone.
...and I am not calling for Mancini to be sacked....I just want the improvement that should have come with ther change.

Absolutely correct john,we 'should' be ridding high after the change in management,the players must start playing for the shirt instead of the money,Liverpool is a must win game,no excuses.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'd agree with this. I think it's mostly "I'm not happy about the way Hughes was sacked and going to let people who wanted him gone hear about it" added to the fact that joga bonito isn't really there right now and we are playing "results football".

What a very strange statement considering that was the voice of many prior to Mancio's appointment?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'd agree with this. I think it's mostly "I'm not happy about the way Hughes was sacked and going to let people who wanted him gone hear about it" added to the fact that joga bonito isn't really there right now and we are playing "results football".

What a very strange statement considering that was the voice of many prior to Mancio's appointment?

For some strange reason. I found that funny mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:16 pm

john68 wrote:HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....FUCKING...............RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

I do agree with you John and I won't bring up what Hughes did or did not do. However, I will bring up your die hard positivism during Hughes. What happened to it? Not that I mind seeing you saying it as it is - that the performances so far under Mancini doesn't warrant the change. I like you even more now that you're off the happy pills.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:47 pm

My die hard positivism under Hughes was because I saw for the 1st time in far too many years that we had the chance, with the resources available to rebuild every aspect of the club from bottom to top. Rip out all the old cupboards, replaster the ceilings and put in place the base to what could eventually become an Empire.
I saw it as a job that once started should be allowed to progress until that base was finished or at least reached a stage where he could be critically assessed without damage to our long term direction or goal.
I did not know whether hughes would be the man to finish the job and add the fancy decoration to it but I thought we would be foolish to have gone so far and then to change direction.

That opportunity has gone, so has Hughes and there is no point in going over old ground...I did so only at your request and to clarify my change.

We have to deal with the present and I see the Mancini era as a different opportunity to push on. But I regret that we are not doing so at present. I am still eternally optimistic. I still think we have one of the best squads in the league and I still think we are capable of much higher things this season. That probably fuels much of my frustration.
I just hope that Mancini and his "defend at all costs" is only temporary and we will soon see Mancini and his positive strategies tearing opponents apart.
I am not anti Mancini...I maybe see good things in city that he hasn't taken advantage of yet.
john68

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:55 pm

john68 wrote:My die hard positivism under Hughes was because I saw for the 1st time in far too many years that we had the chance, with the resources available to rebuild every aspect of the club from bottom to top. Rip out all the old cupboards, replaster the ceilings and put in place the base to what could eventually become an Empire.
I saw it as a job that once started should be allowed to progress until that base was finished or at least reached a stage where he could be critically assessed without damage to our long term direction or goal.
I did not know whether hughes would be the man to finish the job and add the fancy decoration to it but I thought we would be foolish to have gone so far and then to change direction.

That opportunity has gone, so has Hughes and there is no point in going over old ground...I did so only at your request and to clarify my change.

We have to deal with the present and I see the Mancini era as a different opportunity to push on. But I regret that we are not doing so at present. I am still eternally optimistic. I still think we have one of the best squads in the league and I still think we are capable of much higher things this season. That probably fuels much of my frustration.
I just hope that Mancini and his "defend at all costs" is only temporary and we will soon see Mancini and his positive strategies tearing opponents apart.
I am not anti Mancini...I maybe see good things in city that he hasn't taken advantage of yet.

Cheers for the great post John. I really shared/share your optimism regarding the future of our club. I never thought Hughes was the one to take us there (even though I would've been happy to be wrong), but I was still a bit weary about the timing of the Hughes sacking.
Mancini was not on my personal short list, and even though i - like most other fans - think that we've been playing boring and under par the last games, I'm still willing to give him the chance. When he came in, the defence was what needed immediate ficking - perhaps too much focus has been put into that. Apart from that we don't have much of a choice at the moment, so let's support him til the end of the season at least.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum