Just like old times.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Just like old times.

Postby john68 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Antti,
Tell me mate...Where the fucl do you get off on this? You quote 2 threads to show PROOF of your argument....BOLLOX.

Thread 1....(The Mancini Poll).....At the moment YES 130, NOT SURE 93, NO 44. That is 223 definately NOT calling for his head and even though 44 have voted that they don't think he is the man that does NOT mean they are calling for his sacking.

Thread 2...(Mancini Out)...There are 117 posts in that thread...yes i did go all the way through it mate. Viking the Odd called for Mancini out....Out of ALL those 117 posts, there was ONE post that wanted him sacked.

ONCE AGAIN MATE...YOU SIMPLY MADE IT UP.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:57 pm

john68 wrote:Antti,
Tell me mate...Where the fucl do you get off on this? You quote 2 threads to show PROOF of your argument....BOLLOX.

Thread 1....(The Mancini Poll).....At the moment YES 130, NOT SURE 93, NO 44. That is 223 definately NOT calling for his head and even though 44 have voted that they don't think he is the man that does NOT mean they are calling for his sacking.

Thread 2...(Mancini Out)...There are 117 posts in that thread...yes i did go all the way through it mate. Viking the Odd called for Mancini out....Out of ALL those 117 posts, there was ONE post that wanted him sacked.

ONCE AGAIN MATE...YOU SIMPLY MADE IT UP.

Have to agree with you here, I dont think anybody is calling for his head, because we know he is here till the summer and if he hasnt achieved his objectives, he will be on his way if we can line up a quality manager.

I started the Mancini Out thread NQDP quoted firstly because I was pissed, and secondly because so many were moaning and whinging that day. I was really pleasantly surprised that whilst there was a lot of disenchantment with the style of football and passion being shown by the team, not many people went so far as to say they wanted him sacked - which is only right, it would be pretty pointless no matter how bad it gets between now and the end of the season.

I think people are perfectly happy that if he turns out to not get it right, we get a new manager if someone better is available. Until such time, I think most people are happy with a whinge, and dont see the point in screaming Mancini out because it just isnt going to happen.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:03 pm

john68 wrote:Compared to the garbage that was chucked at Hughes in his early days, having as moan at Mancini for his depressing tactis is not on the same planet Jimbo.
I think he has still got the support of the vast majority of Blues...at least until the end of the season...(dependant on the results over the next few games).

Mancini doesn't have the misfortune of being an Ex-RAG. It's painfully obvious that the majority of pointless criticism he received from certain people was down to nothing but his playing history. It really opened my eyes to the bigotry and prejudice that some Blues have.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Bluez wrote:
btajim wrote:
john68 wrote:John,
I don't think the division on here or with city fans in general is as divided as it was. I haven't heard much in the way of "Mancini Out" and I think that most are still behind him despite how we are playing.
That may change however over the next three league games against Pool. Chelsea and Spurs....CRUNCH TIME methinks.

Of course no-one is screaming "Bobbeh Manceh Out" at the top of their voice - but i'm presuming you've been reading the questions people have been asking about the boring, defensive Football? That doesn't particularly strike me as unanimous suport from "most" Blues.

Does that mean you are not concerned at all about the way we are playing at the moment?

No. I'm not convinced by our Manager. I don't think we're going anywhere under his present ideas for the Team.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:16 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I think the amount of money/ media hype has lead some fans to have unrealistic expectations of managers.

Nothing to do with the money mate, it's just the way we are.

There's no way people would've wanted a manager out after 13 games 10 years ago.

You're right mate, the Asa Hartford's, Phil Neal's, Stevie Coppell's and Frank Clark's of this world could never be replaced! Not forgetting the irreplaceable Alan Ball (god rest his soul)!

I like how you've tried to be funny here, ignoring all context.

The last time City were this far up the table people wanted the management out. In a few seasons we went down to division two.

Very true, but the fact that we change managers like most people change underwear is not lost on us supporters. Regardless of how much money we have spent, managers are always going to get it from the fans for one reason or another - Hughes for his crap defending, Mancio for his crap attacking. Even when we were doing well under Reid, he then got the rug pulled out from under his feet for playing the 'Long Ball (Crap)' football.

I'm not defending people for wanting a change in management, but highlighting the fact that we are so used to it that it does become second nature to question the managers status. Personally, I'd have kept Hughes and now want to keep Mancio. It's not about the money, it's in a hope for progression, and in Mancio's case, it's all about points not he beautiful game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:34 pm

I'm not sure if mancini is the 27th or the 28th manager since I I have supported City. I wonder if everyone of them was bad. Surely within that lot we must have had a couple that we should have hung our hats on and given time.
We even got rid of Mercer FFS.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:39 pm

john68 wrote:I'm not sure if mancini is the 27th or the 28th manager since I I have supported City. I wonder if everyone of them was bad. Surely within that lot we must have had a couple that we should have hung our hats on and given time.

Amen. You'd think that, out of all the clubs in the country, if any of them was going to learn the error of that behaviour it would be us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 pm

john68 wrote:I'm not sure if mancini is the 27th or the 28th manager since I I have supported City. I wonder if everyone of them was bad. Surely within that lot we must have had a couple that we should have hung our hats on and given time.

As if keeping a manager for more than 2 years would bring you success!

You must be mad.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 pm

It's the football thats on offer at the moment that is the problem i for one was glad i did not get a stream on Tuesday night as even listening on the radio made me cringe.At the moment we are piss poor and if we dont buck up we will fuck up FACT.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Whilst I agree we can't keep changing managers, as otherwise you never get a settled side and formation, how many managers we sacked have gone on to do anything elsewhere? I've said previously that i think our hiring policy is suspect, the sacking policy is usually pretty accurate.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:55 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:

Whilst I agree we can't keep changing managers, as otherwise you never get a settled side and formation, how many managers we sacked have gone on to do anything elsewhere? I've said previously that i think our hiring policy is suspect, the sacking policy is usually pretty accurate.

How many have really had a realistic opportunity with decent resources though?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:41 am

btajim wrote:
john68 wrote:Compared to the garbage that was chucked at Hughes in his early days, having as moan at Mancini for his depressing tactis is not on the same planet Jimbo.
I think he has still got the support of the vast majority of Blues...at least until the end of the season...(dependant on the results over the next few games).

Mancini doesn't have the misfortune of being an Ex-RAG. It's painfully obvious that the majority of pointless criticism he received from certain people was down to nothing but his playing history. It really opened my eyes to the bigotry and prejudice that some Blues have.

whereas you seem to think it's ok to question current manager because he is 'forinner'?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Bluez » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:46 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
btajim wrote:

whereas you seem to think it's ok to question current manager because he is 'forinner'?

I have probably missed it but where does he say that?
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:59 am

Bluez wrote:
btajim wrote:

I haven't seen Jim take an exception on any of the posts regarding Mancini's nationality, yet he thinks people are biggots for not being able to see beyond Hughes' past.

I said from the start that it would lead into fractions between the supporters and for that reason alone was stupid appointment which showed how little Cook understands about football.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:42 am

Bluez wrote:
btajim wrote:

I haven't seen Jim take an exception on any of the posts regarding Mancini's nationality, yet he thinks people are biggots for not being able to see beyond Hughes' past.

I said from the start that it would lead into fractions between the supporters and for that reason alone was stupid appointment which showed how little Cook understands about football.

Actually, SO FAR, its getting rid of hughes that shows how little Cook knows about football. Or certainly the timing of it. If he knew about City and football, he would have only sacked hughes for a world class manager who plays football the way the vast majority of city fans like to see it being played.

SO FAR, it looks like he failed on both counts. Silly sacking at that time. Fucking SILLY.
Original Dub

Postby Bluez » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Bluez wrote:
btajim wrote:Mancini doesn't have the misfortune of being an Ex-RAG. It's painfully obvious that the majority of pointless criticism he received from certain people was down to nothing but his playing history. It really opened my eyes to the bigotry and prejudice that some Blues have.

So on the first point Jim hasn't actually said anything negative about foreigners, but you wrote your post in a way that read like he had. Seems a little unfair on Jim to me.

And your second point is you correctly predicted that appointing an ex united player would cause problems? But isn't that a self fulfilling prophecy as you were one of the main "toys out of pram" when we hired him in the first place
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:12 pm

btajim wrote:

Can you give me an example on when I've ever done that, Antti? You've humiliated yourself before when you've backhandedly suggested that other people hold prejudice. Of course, Hughes being Welsh never instigated any jokes...
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Bluez wrote:I have probably missed it but where does he say that?

I haven't noticed any Forum User make comments about Mancini being Italian. Besides, it's not my job to Moderate the forum. It's yours.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I think the amount of money/ media hype has lead some fans to have unrealistic expectations of managers.

Nothing to do with the money mate, it's just the way we are.

There's no way people would've wanted a manager out after 13 games 10 years ago.

ALAN BALL WAS WANTED OUT AFTER GETTING OUT OF HIS CAR ON THE FIRST DAY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:25 pm

btajim wrote:
Bluez wrote:I have probably missed it but where does he say that?

I haven't noticed any Forum User make comments about Mancini being Italian. Besides, it's not my job to Moderate the forum. It's yours.

It has been mentioned NUMEROUS of occasions now.

And it has nothing to do with moderation. It is not against the rules to question whether Italian can manage in England (although tad ridiculous considering Ancellotti's side are looking likely winners of the league and Cappello being national team manager), and it's not against rules to not like manager because he is a (former) rag.

Honestly, and this is NOT directed at you alone Jim, but NOTHING gets on my tits more than saying you shouldn't think or say this and that because you are a moderator. I don't moderate opinions of people and I'm not a robot with no opinions of my own. I just try and help the owners by keeping the board going. This goes for every other moderator and owner as well. Take my recent run in with certain other poster, I dealt with it exactly the way as any other poster does. That's what I ALWAYS do.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum