Just like old times.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Just like old times.

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
btajim wrote:I haven't noticed any Forum User make comments about Mancini being Italian. Besides, it's not my job to Moderate the forum. It's yours.

It has been mentioned NUMEROUS of occasions now.

And it has nothing to do with moderation. It is not against the rules to question whether Italian can manage in England (although tad ridiculous considering Ancellotti's side are looking likely winners of the league and Cappello being national team manager), and it's not against rules to not like manager because he is a (former) rag.

Honestly, and this is NOT directed at you alone Jim, but NOTHING gets on my tits more than saying you shouldn't think or say this and that because you are a moderator. I don't moderate opinions of people and I'm not a robot with no opinions of my own. I just try and help the owners by keeping the board going. This goes for every other moderator and owner as well. Take my recent run in with certain other poster, I dealt with it exactly the way as any other poster does. That's what I ALWAYS do.

I've only been posting on this Forum again since the start of February and I was barely reading 1 post out of 100 when I was stood outside with my nose pressed up against the window. Once again, I have yet to see any clear post from anyone and myself admitting that they don't want Roberto Mancini in charge because he's Italian. Questioning how an Italian who has spent almost his entire playing Career (one brief stint with Leicester City) and most of his Managerial Career in Italy is able to make the transfer to English Football is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask.

You've now gone from accusing me of tolerating and provoking Racism through to deliberately avoiding the subjects that people are talking about. I don't read every Post on this Forum. I don't have the time. You are a Moderator and one of those duties is to ensure that people aren't breaking any of the Forum rules. I shouldn't have to challenge a Racist or a Homophobe because it's not in my remit to do so. Also, if other Posters have already told them that they're being out of order then I don't feel the need to get involved because it's already been said. However, I have reported offensive Posts to Moderators before.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 pm

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
btajim wrote:I haven't noticed any Forum User make comments about Mancini being Italian. Besides, it's not my job to Moderate the forum. It's yours.

It has been mentioned NUMEROUS of occasions now.

And it has nothing to do with moderation. It is not against the rules to question whether Italian can manage in England (although tad ridiculous considering Ancellotti's side are looking likely winners of the league and Cappello being national team manager), and it's not against rules to not like manager because he is a (former) rag.

Honestly, and this is NOT directed at you alone Jim, but NOTHING gets on my tits more than saying you shouldn't think or say this and that because you are a moderator. I don't moderate opinions of people and I'm not a robot with no opinions of my own. I just try and help the owners by keeping the board going. This goes for every other moderator and owner as well. Take my recent run in with certain other poster, I dealt with it exactly the way as any other poster does. That's what I ALWAYS do.

I've only been posting on this Forum again since the start of February and I was barely reading 1 post out of 100 when I was stood outside with my nose pressed up against the window. Once again, I have yet to see any clear post from anyone and myself admitting that they don't want Roberto Mancini in charge because he's Italian. Questioning how an Italian who has spent almost his entire playing Career (one brief stint with Leicester City) and most of his Managerial Career in Italy is able to make the transfer to English Football is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask.

You've now gone from accusing me of tolerating and provoking Racism through to deliberately avoiding the subjects that people are talking about. I don't read every Post on this Forum. I don't have the time. You are a Moderator and one of those duties is to ensure that people aren't breaking any of the Forum rules. I shouldn't have to challenge a Racist or a Homophobe because it's not in my remit to do so. Also, if other Posters have already told them that they're being out of order then I don't feel the need to get involved because it's already been said. However, I have reported offensive Posts to Moderators before.

Ynghhhhh....... come on Jim. I am NOT accusing you of anything. And I haven't seen ANY racism whatsoever. Saying that Italian manager will not work in England is not racism...... not even by a long sight. It's a footballing opinion.

ALL the real racist opinions have been deleted and posters banned without an exception. Luckily we haven't had anything like that here in a good while.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ynghhhhh....... come on Jim. I am NOT accusing you of anything. And I haven't seen ANY racism whatsoever. Saying that Italian manager will not work in England is not racism...... not even by a long sight. It's a footballing opinion.

ALL the real racist opinions have been deleted and posters banned without an exception. Luckily we haven't had anything like that here in a good while.

Well, you've either misunderstood something that I was trying to say or I misunderstood what you were trying to say. BUT... you said the following: - "whereas you seem to think it's ok to question current manager because he is 'forinner'" Bluez stood up for me, too. Clearly I'm not to the only person to question your comment.

Capello has succeeded as England Manager because he's a brilliant Coach. Ancelotti already had the Team at Chelsea - but he too is doing very well. Winning the Premiership in his first Season in English Football will be a great achievement. Let's wait and see if Mancini can join in with the plaudits by making Manchester City a succesful Team.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum