Bellamy in the mix for Sunday, says boss

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellamy in the mix for Sunday, says boss

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Craig Bellamy will be available for selection for Sunday’s crunch game against Liverpool if his good progress coming back from a knee injury continues.

At his Friday morning press conference, Blues manager Roberto Mancini stated that the striker had been working with physios at Carrington since Wednesday and that if his early Friday morning session was a success he would join the main group of the squad for training.

Mancini also moved swiftly to scotch stories in some newspapers of an argument between him and Bellamy, saying:

“I read that I have a problem with him, that I shouted at him. Craig trained on Wednesday, yesterday and he will train today. I have spoken to him, face to face, but as a manager speaks to a player. I have not shouted at him, never. I am happy to resolve things, face to face, in a room but I do not have a problem with him. If his knee is OK today and tomorrow, he will be available for Sunday.

“I did not tell him to go away for three months, that is false. He is here training today, he worked with the physio for the first time on Wednesday for the first time in 12 days. He worked with the physio on Thursday when the other players were off, he did so again today and if he is alright after he will be with us for training.”

The Manager will be hoping to have Bellamy as an option for the game which pits City against the team immediately below them and vying for that coveted fourth place in the Barclays Premier League table. The Welshman could prove vital, especially with Mancini revealing that Martin Petrov has a knee injury of his own that will keep him sidelined for three to four weeks.

Also out of contention for Sunday is Patrick Vieira, who starts a three match ban at the weekend, and of the French midfielder Mancini added:

"Patrick made a mistake and now he is
out for three important games. I hope
it won’t be a big problem for us, but it
has happened so we have to deal with
it. We have not spoken about it, he
was off on Thursday and I have seen
him today but we have not spoken
about it."

“It will be difficult for us and for him, he needs to play and we have three big games coming up this week that he won’t be able to play in.”

Mancini also confirmed that Carlos Tevez will also miss the Liverpool game as he is still on compassionate leave in Argentina.

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Bellamy in the mix for Sunday, says boss

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:12 pm

look at the video...something clearly happened with Mancini and "Greg."

http://mcfc.co.uk/Carousel?id=ede30882- ... 19d&play=1

He said he did have an argument with him, and when he tells the media that he didn't tell him to leave for 3 months he looks away from the questioner as soon as he gets asked the question. Which is about as big of a tell that he's lying as anything tbh.

Without Tevez he's clearly stressed that if he's missing Petrov, and Bellamy he'll be fucked for some pace and width, but he has Jinky and SWP as well. I am sure the mounting injuries, and other personnel issues are really getting under his skin, esp. the dick-punching bullshit from his friend Vieira.

that interview didn't make me feel so fantastic. Which, in City terms, prollee means we win 3-1. ;)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:16 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:look at the video...something clearly happened with Mancini and "Greg."

He said he did have an argument with him, and when he tells the media that he didn't tell him to leave for 3 months he looks away from the questioner as soon as he gets asked the question. Which is about as big of a tell that he's lying as anything tbh.

Without Tevez he's clearly stressed that if he's missing Petrov, and Bellamy he'll be fucked for some pace and width, but he has Jinky and SWP as well. I am sure the mounting injuries, and other personnel issues are really getting under his skin, esp. the dick-punching bullshit from his friend Vieira.

that interview didn't make me feel so fantastic. Which, in City terms, prollee means we win 3-1. ;)

cheers

further, and i agree with this perspective 100%, Mancini seems fucked off that this bust-up has gone public. the kind of thing that happened to them should have been kept behind closed doors. I wonder who leaked it?

cheers again.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby gazeth » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:20 pm

I think he looks to the side to his translator, just to confirm that he has understood things correctly. I wish at times he would just do his interviews through a translator that way these idiot journo's wouldn't be able to trip him up quick firing questions at him.
gazeth
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Erwin Rommel » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:21 pm

So Vieira does something stupid, gets a day off and does not even get spoken to about how his actions have made him unavailable for 3 games. Strange man-management.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Erwin Rommel wrote:So Vieira does something stupid, gets a day off and does not even get spoken to about how his actions have made him unavailable for 3 games. Strange man-management.

Here's what Courage Wolf has to say...

viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:look at the video...something clearly happened with Mancini and "Greg."

cheers

It's hard to read his body language, as he does that with every question and answer. I suspect he's trying to translate the question to Italian and the answer back to English.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

cheers

It's hard to read his body language, as he does that with every question and answer. I suspect he's trying to translate the question to Italian and the answer back to English.

i don't. i think he's lying. and maybe he has a right to. this shit doesn't need to be out in public. if he finds that he needs to push bellamy and said something inflammatory to him to get his goat, then so be it. he's allowed to do that without fear that the media hears every word of it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:27 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

further, and i agree with this perspective 100%, Mancini seems fucked off that this bust-up has gone public. the kind of thing that happened to them should have been kept behind closed doors. I wonder who leaked it?

cheers again.

I don't think they have had major bust up. Probably some exchange of words. And he is right in saying that it happens every day in different jobs as well. I mean I clash with people every now and then at work and let them hear about it. UIn construction business there are lot of people who only understand "direct communication". I'm sure it's same in football.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

cheers

I was gonna say that. He always looks to the side when asked a question... but I also think that something happened there. I mean even admits that he had a talk with him in the office but I suppose the Sun just put an even more negative spin on this and blew the story out of proportions.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

cheers

I was gonna say that. He always looks to the side when asked a question... but I also think that something happened there. I mean even admits that he had a talk with him in the office but I suppose the Sun just put an even more negative spin on this and blew the story out of proportions.

Yeah im sure there was a disagreement, but like Mancini say's on the OS vid this happens with player's and managers and im sure it has happend in work to us lot aswell from time to time. Everyone dosn't agree all the time i think the Sun are just blowing this way out of proportion.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dronny » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

cheers again.

I don't think they have had major bust up. Probably some exchange of words. And he is right in saying that it happens every day in different jobs as well. I mean I clash with people every now and then at work and let them hear about it. UIn construction business there are lot of people who only understand "direct communication". I'm sure it's same in football.

Here was me thinking we were special and privileged to incur the wrath of Antii !
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum