Training Friday 19/2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 19/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:43 pm

I wrnt down early today to find masses of press and cameramen already there for what was the scheduled conference with Mancini. I had seen the form stuff about Bellamy and one photographer who I see a lot said Bellers looked really angry when he arrived and got out of his car. I didn't believe him then and I believ him even less now.

The training today was mostly out in the open and some of the early warm up routines were very close to the watching fans.Missing were RSC ( not a big injury but enough for him to be out) Tevez( not back yet) Petrov ( knee and out for a month) and NDJ ( precautionary but he is ok) During part of the warm ups Nedum was kept separate doing different stuff with a physio.

Bellers was Bellers. Nothing seemed a miss at all and he was his usual committed and vocal self. Personally I don't doubt there has been a word or 2 spoken between him and the boss but nothing close to what the gutter press has made it out to be.They are professionals and that's what I saw today with both of them going about their business as usual. Lewis greeted Bellers with a thumbs up and got the same in return as he went out.

After the initial warm upo routines they broke into 2 groups of 10 . One group to work with Mancini and one to play a 6 a side games with full sized nets unedr the watchfull eyes of Kidd and Fausto whatisname. Quite a lot of people were inside the fence today.One large group of newly signed under 8's all kitted out in City tracksuits. Kiddo came over and shook the hands of everyone and had a quick word. Quality.

Another group looked like they had won something in a prize or it might have been charity related and I expect we might see something on the main site as they were being filmed.

Anyway onto the football there were a few of the "reserves" drafted in today . Boyata, Cunningham and Ibrahim but also today Robbie Mak and like the others I thought he looked the part within the squad.Obviously plenty of goals scored as you would expect but the MotM was definitely Vinnie who scored a quality hat trick and was presented with the ball by Brain Kidd at the end of their game. Best goal for me though followed a great back heel from SWP across the goal inside the 6 yard box which Micah smuggled in at the far post.It was also nice to see Bridge doing a jig when he scored one.

While this match was going on Mancini was working with another 10 on tactical but mostly attacking stuff.They did do some of the team shape movements as usual but largely it was on attacking and finishing which was good to see. I don't know how long this went on for before they switched the 2 groups.

Watching Bellers there was nothing different at all from what I could see. He got on the end of one lovely move and scored with a great finish only to start having a right go at someone.No idea why, he was ignored and everyone just got on with it. Nobody really stood out that I can remember except maybe Vieira and although I am probably being a bit cruel he looked like he needs a few games rest :)

The 2 groups finished their work and a few in either group carried on for a while with some finishing. Bellers and Garrido on the nearest group to us and Ade , SWP, AJ on the other pitch whilst Micah stayed behind for some extra work which Mancini was directly involved with. Overall a good session. Bring on the scousers.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 19/2

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks a lot for the report. Top drawer as usual Doug!

Glad that the whole Bellamy story was blown out of proportion by the press. And I guess if Bellamy did look "really pissed off" when he arrived, it was probably because of the Sun publishing shit like that.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Cheers Doug, Im glad you cleared up the Bellers situation
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Thanks a lot for the report. Top drawer as usual Doug!

Glad that the whole Bellamy story was blown out of proportion by the press. And I guess if Bellamy did look "really pissed off" when he arrived, it was probably because of the Sun publishing shit like that.

IF Bellamy did look like that it will more likely have been because of the photographer desperate to get the picture of him at the time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:56 pm

thanks Doug for the sanity report

( why people take what they read in newspapers seriously i really do not know )
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:57 pm

I WISH THESE MESSENGERS OF DEATH WOULD NOT POST SUCH DRIVEL.

MODS CAN WE MAKE A STICKY?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks for the report Doug, much needed today to keep the gutter press at bay and hopefully this will teach us once more not to believe a word of what they print before we have confirmation.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:05 pm

So if Bellers breaks down with an overworked THUMB....we can all blame Lewis.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:07 pm

" A GOOD SESSION AND BRING ON THE SCOUSERS" Thats the spirit Doug F*ck all this negativity massive game this weekend
come on CITY,.
carolina-blue

Postby stockportblue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Maybe Im reading too much into this but interesting to see Robbie MAK training with the first team.I went to watch the reserves on wednesday and was surprised he wasnt playing.Maybe he will be in the squad for Sunday?
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 pm

stockportblue wrote:Maybe Im reading too much into this but interesting to see Robbie MAK training with the first team.I went to watch the reserves on wednesday and was surprised he wasnt playing.Maybe he will be in the squad for Sunday?

I wondered the same. With our slightly limited attacking options he may just make the bench.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
stockportblue wrote:Maybe Im reading too much into this but interesting to see Robbie MAK training with the first team.I went to watch the reserves on wednesday and was surprised he wasnt playing.Maybe he will be in the squad for Sunday?

I wondered the same. With our slightly limited attacking options he may just make the bench.

The kid is very fast and it's great to see him finally involved. I hope he might make the bench too.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mike J » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:38 pm

how does some one look 'really angry'??

did he have a red face with steam coming out of his ears and clenched fists??
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm

john68 wrote:So if Bellers breaks down with an overworked THUMB....we can all blame Lewis.

to be honest, i blame lewis for us playing crap these last few games, in fact i blame him for the hangover i had after i watched us v stoke last sat. ITS ALL HIS FAULT LADS
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Mike J » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 pm

is rsc made out of fucking twigs or something, not training again!
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:57 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:
john68 wrote:So if Bellers breaks down with an overworked THUMB....we can all blame Lewis.

to be honest, i blame lewis for us playing crap these last few games, in fact i blame him for the hangover i had after i watched us v stoke last sat. ITS ALL HIS FAULT LADS

What did you get pissed off? Apple juice!!
Blueboylewis

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Fausto whatisname is named Salsano, Doug! Thanks a lot as usually, you're simply outstanding! :)
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Whassat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Very nice rep as always Doug! Cant praise you enough for them really.

Interesting to hear that young Mak might make the bench and perhaps a sub!? We'll see, We will see I guess. We do have some quality lads in the reserves.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:
CITYSTEVEDON wrote:

What did you get pissed off? Apple juice!!

Haven't you got any homework to do?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby PalmettoBlue » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Mike J wrote:how does some one look 'really angry'??

did he have a red face with steam coming out of his ears and clenched fists??

I think that is just his typical look
PalmettoBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum