Robinho scores 2 and did a Benjani celebration

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho scores 2 and did a Benjani celebration

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:22 am

Looks like he's packed his bags - literally. What a tit! Laters Robbie. He seems to forget he's under contract here and someones going to have to shell out a serious amount of money to buy him. What a total pain in the arse he turned out to be.

Manchester City forward Robinho has cleared his house, sold his car, shipped his possessions back to Brazil and told his representatives to find him a new club.

Robinho is currently on loan at Santos in his home country and scored twice during a 6-3 defeat of Bragantino on Thursday.
robinho

City boss Roberto Mancini has said in recent weeks that he expects the 26-year-old to return to the club after the World Cup this summer, and senior figures at Eastlands have certainly been hoping that their £32.5million record signing will be back when his six-month loan runs out at the end of June.

But Sportsmail can reveal that Robinho has already had his house cleared in the city and has flown all his possessions to South America. His white Lamborghini sports car has also been sold.

Robinho has said to his representatives that he has no desire to move back to City and asked them to arrange a permanent move away from England in the summer. He has also said that he would rather stay at Santos - who are top of the Sao Paulo state championship with a four-point cushion - for an extended spell than return to City.

Robinho scored his first goal from close range against Bragantino while his second - a cheeky lob - sent the crowd into raptures.

'I dedicate the goal to my son, who loves football just like me,' said Robinho. 'It is still a great thrill to play here. I grew up here. My home is near here. This stadium is my second home.'

Robinho was not a huge fan of Mancini's training methods while he was at City and Craig Bellamy is also taking some convincing, with the issue coming to a head on Wednesday.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:43 pm

He doesn't half talk some shite the lad:

-

Robinho claims he turned down the opportunity to join Barcelona before signing for Santos on loan.

The Brazil international has returned to his homeland on a six-month deal after falling out of favour at Manchester City.

The Samba star was a first-team regular under former Blues boss Mark Hughes and enjoyed a productive debut season in England last term.

However, injuries hindered his early progress this year and Roberto Mancini used him sparingly upon his appointment as Hughes' successor at Eastlands.

A return to his native Brazil has helped to reinvigorate Robinho, though, with the 26-year-old having hit the ground running with Santos.

No deal
He could, however, have been strutting his stuff back in the Primera Liga, with the ex-Real Madrid ace admitting he snubbed an offer from Barcelona in order to head home.

"I had an offer from Barcelona," he told Radio Globo.

"But they wanted to bring me in on a transfer and Manchester City didn't want to sell me.

"Then they wanted me on a loan deal but it wouldn't have been good to take my whole family, look for a house and be there only six months."
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Manchester City forward Robinho has cleared his house, sold his car, shipped his possessions back to Brazil and told his representatives to find him a new club.

First of all Robbie tough shit, you won't be going any were (As much as i want you too) unless some one stump's up the £20+mil we are owed.

MaseCTID wrote:
Robinho claims he turned down the opportunity to join Barcelona before signing for Santos on loan.

"I had an offer from Barcelona," he told Radio Globo.

"But they wanted to bring me in on a transfer and Manchester City didn't want to sell me.

"Then they wanted me on a loan deal but it wouldn't have been good to take my whole family, look for a house and be there only six months."

And secondly what a knob you really are.

If i wanted to move from my current club, would i go to a massive club that could afford my transfer fee even though i would have to move my family out there for six months or would i move to a club that haven't got a hope in hell of being able to pay my transfer fee hmmm..... Good choice
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:02 am

I actually fucking hate Robinho now.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Martinez » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:10 am

What mickey mouse league the brazilian league seem to be, no one on that pitch was taking it too seriously, goal celebrations just as important as defending. Felt like watching one of those all-stars, Zidane selected, memorial games that end 7-6
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:08 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I seem to be in the minority but i still want him back. He is a rare talent and the right manager could make him a superstar if he's willing.

I disagree. Two managers gave it a go but he is a sulker. I can see that now. If things don't go his way, he just isn't willing to buckle up. That, I feel, is a personality thing and at his age, no one will be able to change that.

He'd be a star in Italian game though and that's where we should be pimping him. How about some sort of trade with A.C. milan who love this sort of players? Swap for say Pirlo and someone else?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:48 am

The boy is an utter show pony and can look as fancy as he likes when is playing with a bunch of players who are only still in Brazil because they cant get a contract in the Portugal Greece Ukraine and Turkey where all the other players who cant hack European football are.

He failed at the very top level with Real, he didnt deserve a spot in a average City side last year and was as good as an amputee in certain matches away from home last year. His next move will be to one of the countries above where he will be treated like a god until even they see through him and punt him when they get horsed out of the CL.

He's maybe the only player I've ever seen who couldnt even raise his game in one game for a new manager. Even those who had publically backed the previous manager still put a big shift in for the first few games.

I'll quite happily never see him again in City shirt ever again
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dikdik » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:14 am

Makes you wonder what sort of national side Brazil would have if their players had to play in their own country and not in Europe...
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum