Ref for Sunday!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref for Sunday!!!!

Postby ant london » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:39 am

I remember almost chucked out of Highbury due to going mental at a Mike Riley "performance" a good few years ago now

That, shite, last night....was as bad a refereeing display as that masterclass in poor officiating from Riley
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby hyper » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 am

pears12 wrote:ref must of been shocking if both sets of fans complaining about bias

Or both sets of fans thought the football on show was absolute shite so are looking for someone else to blame. Honestly didn't think he had a bad game - and I know the OP meant it in a sarcastic way but he isn't a Liverpool fan.
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 am

I thought the ref was completely unbiased and absolutely dire. Clear push on Ade, Barry, hacked down by Mascherano who should've had several bookings, and SWP hacked down in the first minute. Against that a fairly clear Liverpool penalty and Torres being booked for a gentle push, far less violent than some of the unpunished tackles. He waved play on when Barry rugby-tackled someone out on the right and by the time play ended with a Liverpool booking he'd forgotten all about that.

Very poor.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 am

Sometimes it looks so bias you feel that he might as well come out decked in red. It wasn't just the decisions he got wrong, but he allowed Scouse players to wander yards up the touchline to take throw ins, whilst insisting we didn't. He allowed them to take quick free kicks fro incorrect places whilst pulling us back when we tried it. I didn't realise how bad the tackle on Barry was at the time (it was at the other end) but that was a shocking tackle, and I use that word word loosely. He was bad.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:19 am

The new George Courtney.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 am

Grob wrote:Possibly the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen at City. I cant recall any worse right now.

A disgrace

George Courtney.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:24 am

Alf Grey?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:55 am

Lets be honest for one minute, yes the ref was shite, and he missed alot today but lets even things out a little.

Kompany should have walked in the 1st half, for a 2 footed lunge, (cant remember the player) but he didnt even get booked. 1-0

Mascarano should have walked for his blatent attack on Barry 1-1

Adebayor should have got a penalty, but both officials missed that some how 1-2

Benayoun should have got a penalty ( being honest and staying on his feet cost him that apparently, why god only knows ) 2-2

I cant remember a decent official anymore, but we need to take those tinted specs off. Both teams had reason to be a bit pissed of with the officials yesterday.

Walton should be retired after yesterdays performance
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 am

john@staustell wrote:I thought the ref was completely unbiased and absolutely dire. Clear push on Ade, Barry, hacked down by Mascherano who should've had several bookings, and SWP hacked down in the first minute. Against that a fairly clear Liverpool penalty and Torres being booked for a gentle push, far less violent than some of the unpunished tackles. He waved play on when Barry rugby-tackled someone out on the right and by the time play ended with a Liverpool booking he'd forgotten all about that.

Very poor.

He was booked for dissent, mate.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I thought the ref was completely unbiased and absolutely dire. Clear push on Ade, Barry, hacked down by Mascherano who should've had several bookings, and SWP hacked down in the first minute. Against that a fairly clear Liverpool penalty and Torres being booked for a gentle push, far less violent than some of the unpunished tackles. He waved play on when Barry rugby-tackled someone out on the right and by the time play ended with a Liverpool booking he'd forgotten all about that.

Very poor.

I assume you mean Torres was booked for diessnt rather than the push? That's how I saw it too.

But I do agree the ref was dire and unbiased
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

failsworthblue wrote:Peter (Liverpool fan ) Walton

Sent off Zab last year , NGOG dive against the Brum.

We have no chance!!!!

What's about Mascherano? Why did he ended yesterday game although he made almost 3 fouls after his 1st yellow card? Scouse Pete, you're a genius!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:28 am

eastlandsblue wrote:Lets be honest for one minute, yes the ref was shite, and he missed alot today but lets even things out a little.

Kompany should have walked in the 1st half, for a 2 footed lunge, (cant remember the player) but he didnt even get booked. 1-0

Mascarano should have walked for his blatent attack on Barry 1-1

Adebayor should have got a penalty, but both officials missed that some how 1-2

Benayoun should have got a penalty ( being honest and staying on his feet cost him that apparently, why god only knows ) 2-2

I cant remember a decent official anymore, but we need to take those tinted specs off. Both teams had reason to be a bit pissed of with the officials yesterday.

Walton should be retired after yesterdays performance

You don't get a penalty for not chucking yourself over someone's leg whilst he's trying to get it out of the way! Andy Gray thinking is becoming like football law; diving is becoming a requirement & now compensatory penalties for people who SHOULD have dived!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Very poor.

I assume you mean Torres was booked for diessnt rather than the push? That's how I saw it too.

Yeah, that's what I meant. You could see quite clearly on the telly Torres mouthing, no doubt in that nearly scouse accent that all their foreign players seem to develop, a variety of obscenities straight into the refs face.

Mind you, the twat deserved them. ;-)
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:36 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Very poor.

Evidence to the contrary is Skrtel's Karate kick into the spine of Jo 30 secs after sending Zab off last season, which went completely unpunished in spite of the ref being 5 yards away. The most suspiciously bent decision of last season.

In games I've seen this bloke with Liverpool, he's looked dodgy each time & I was mortified when I saw it was him & said there & then that we would be lucky to escape.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:You don't get a penalty for not chucking yourself over someone's leg whilst he's trying to get it out of the way! Andy Gray thinking is becoming like football law; diving is becoming a requirement & now compensatory penalties for people who SHOULD have dived!

I thought it was funny that on MOTD2 Alan Hansen was basically saying he should have gone down

In otherwords he was advocating cheating
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:40 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:You don't get a penalty for not chucking yourself over someone's leg whilst he's trying to get it out of the way! Andy Gray thinking is becoming like football law; diving is becoming a requirement & now compensatory penalties for people who SHOULD have dived!

I thought it was funny that on MOTD2 Alan Hansen was basically saying he should have gone down

It's quite incredible the way people look at it. Kompany made a misjudgement trying to get a foot to the ball so tried to get his leg out of the way before Benayoun could win a pen, Rafa & even people on here still think that constitutes a pen & everyone else criticises Benayoun for not cheating!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It's quite incredible the way people look at it. Kompany made a misjudgement trying to get a foot to the ball so tried to get his leg out of the way before Benayoun could win a pen, Rafa & even people on here still think that constitutes a pen & everyone else criticises Benayoun for not cheating!

It looked to me that Kompany did get his foot out of the way and Benayoun changed his mind about going down. It's not diving if it's Liverpool or the scum. If he'd gone down there was a roughly equal chance of getting himself booked or winning a penalty, I commend him for his honesty, with the ref this crap/dishonest the odds were good.

If the powers that be want to affect the final standings this match was one where they'd seek to exert their influence. There's no point pretending that it doesn't happen. Our coach can tell you it does, our keeper probably has a lot to say about the subject (and about Thierry Henry).
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum