The Sun just won't stop

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Sun just won't stop

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:18 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... evolt.html

THE chairman of Manchester City has stepped in to try to stop a player revolt.

Khaldoon al Mubarak rang one of the club's top stars from his Abu Dhabi home to plead for the squad to give Roberto Mancini more time.

He knows the players are unhappy with the Italian manager's training and tactics but is desperate to stick with him after getting rid of Mark Hughes.

As SunSport revealed yesterday, Mancini had a bust-up with Craig Bellamy on Wednesday at City's training ground and told him to stay away from there for three months.

Chief executive Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood both had to ring the Wales ace and contact Mancini so Bellamy could return.

It means Mancini has had to back down.

But this is only the latest in a series of problems that have beset Mancini's reign since he took over from Hughes.

Marwood once had to act when a player was ranting about the training just ahead of a Khaldoon visit to the training camp.

Frantic Marwood had to make a call to the player's agent to get him to ring the player involved and calm him down in case the chairman witnessed the chaos.

Mancini yesterday confirmed SunSport's revelations of an argument with Bellamy over his troublesome right knee.

Bellamy had insisted he stayed training one-on-one with a member of the sports science department, instead of with the Italian training staff as Mancini wanted.

Advertisement

Asked if he had an argument with Bellamy, Mancini said: "Yes we did. I spoke to him in my office. We solved this face to face."

Asked what the row was about, Mancini added: "His knee. He worked in one mode, I preferred another. Only this.

"It's just one problem a manager can have."

Bellamy was adamant he would not apologise and it is understood an uneasy peace has broken out between the two ahead of tomorrow's all-important game against Liverpool.

Yet Bellamy is not the only unhappy player in the squad. A number dislike the length and form of training, claiming it leaves them tired for match day.

They feel this has led to the number of injuries the squad has suffered.

The players are also bemused by Mancini's tactics and the changes he makes during games.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z0g4tPcvbS

I wish someone would twat that Custis cunt.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Re: The Sun just won't stop

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:21 pm

I think it's time to drag their sorry arses through the courts again.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gaudy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 pm

come on folks,this comin from the same paper that john o shea was off to barca.
bullshit of the highest order
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:23 pm

I can see an apology being issued to us soon enough.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Call me a Cynic but are the Sun Editors this desperate to get Liverpool back on their side?
avoidconfusion

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:30 pm

gaudy wrote:come on folks,this comin from the same paper that john o shea was off to barca.

Even that wasnt their story, it was copied from "sport" in Spain by all accounts

I have no doubt that the club will step in if untruths are being reported, as has been done before.

Maybe i'm naive, but if I knew that a company was going to sue me every time I stepped out of line, I would be careful only to print what I can back up.

Interesting point about the "length" of training when Doug had consistently said it appeared much lighter than under Hughes, so how are they "tired" for games. See Ted, I can find fault in the papers.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:34 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
gaudy wrote:come on folks,this comin from the same paper that john o shea was off to barca.

Even that wasnt their story, it was copied from "sport" in Spain by all accounts

I have no doubt that the club will step in if untruths are being reported, as has been done before.

Maybe i'm naive, but if I knew that a company was going to sue me every time I stepped out of line, I would be careful only to print what I can back up.

Interesting point about the "length" of training when Doug had consistently said it appeared much lighter than under Hughes, so how are they "tired" for games. See Ted, I can find fault in the papers.

This is what I don't understand either. It was always my understanding that Hughes was much more rigorous when it came to the training and made the players train harder.

About the sueing, I guess the amount of money they make from printing these lies is higher than the money they would have to pay if sued.
avoidconfusion

Postby Socrates » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:31 pm

We had an injury list as long as Puddleglum when Mancini took over so I cannot see that this can be remotely accurate. Especially given Doug's first hand reports. Whole thing with Bellamy seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill to me too.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby frannylee » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Any apology they make will be buried somewhere within the ''newspaper'' - probably a couple of column centimetres somewhere at the bottom of page 17

As per a suggestion from a recent Mark Thomas radio programme, any newspaper which is forced to print an apology for a story should do so in the same size space, on the same page and in the same font size as the story appeared for which it is apologising

After a couple of recent incidents in which the company I work for was slated by the press, I know first hand how much that appears in Newspapers is made up / misconstrued / misrepresented

Lets see what happens on Sunday - my money is on Bellamy putting in his usual 100% shift
It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have.
frannylee
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Have a guess ??!!

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:47 pm

What I don't understand about this is why Bellers was training yesterday? The original story stated that Bellers couldn't train due to his knee and was given a 3 month ban. Yes, there could've been some resolution with the ban thing but if their story was to be taken literally, surely Bellers would not have been out training; would he?

And as was reported, there was a difference in opinion which was sorted out with a conversation in his office, yet certain types interpret it as a 'Massive' barny, why is this?

As I've said previously, certain media outlets will do anything to keep their beloved Top 4 just that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Will Young moving to Spain?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Neil Custis's name being attached to the article just about sums up the stupidity of it.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Answer this with a win and 11 players in the centre circle at the end of the match, playing the biscuit game, to prove how close they all are really
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What I don't understand about this is why Bellers was training yesterday? The original story stated that Bellers couldn't train due to his knee and was given a 3 month ban. Yes, there could've been some resolution with the ban thing but if their story was to be taken literally, surely Bellers would not have been out training; would he?

And as was reported, there was a difference in opinion which was sorted out with a conversation in his office, yet certain types interpret it as a 'Massive' barny, why is this?

As I've said previously, certain media outlets will do anything to keep their beloved Top 4 just that.

It supposedly happened wednesday. Its unclear whether Bellamy trained the day after. Mancini said he did, someone in the press conference said he didnt - Doug says the squad didnt train anyway so who knows, the truth is in there somewhere.

The story though did say that someone smoothed the waters which would explain why Bellers was back on Friday.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 pm

There is obviously some truth to the story, but that means nothing because the story is about feck all. A proportion of players are unhappy with things in every football club, including the rags. I dont suppose Berbatrov and Nani or Anderson are jumpin for joy. Bellers lost his rag is a none story if ever there was one.There is no conspiracy, thats juvenile.Rags like the Sun are just trying to create excitement and controversy where there is none because that is what they do with every topic.Stick to oggling the tits is my advice, its the only thing they do well,lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:09 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Call me a Cynic but are the Sun Editors this desperate to get Liverpool back on their side?

Sun editors, like any other tabloids, are only desperate to rise selling.
Nothing about Liverpool of whatsoever. It may be Lady D, John Terry, Mancini/Bellemy, Mary Therese of Calcutta, whatsoever shit You like to be intrigued about... it is a simple maths:

Get X by selling rise minus some Y for possible fines - the balance is income.

Until there are someones enough who wants to be kidded with bullox, tabloids will continue their trade. Open market.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby ruralblue » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:I can see an apology being issued to us soon enough.

What and add insult to injury by giving us 1/2 inch apology in the back section of the sports pages. Sue the bastards City.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:11 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:What I don't understand about this is why Bellers was training yesterday? The original story stated that Bellers couldn't train due to his knee and was given a 3 month ban. Yes, there could've been some resolution with the ban thing but if their story was to be taken literally, surely Bellers would not have been out training; would he?

It supposedly happened wednesday. Its unclear whether Bellamy trained the day after. Mancini said he did, someone in the press conference said he didnt - Doug says the squad didnt train anyway so who knows, the truth is in there somewhere.

The story though did say that someone smoothed the waters which would explain why Bellers was back on Friday.

So, a 'Much ado about nothing' story then.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

So, a 'Much ado about nothing' story then.

Aside from an 8 page thread, pretty much right there
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:36 pm

There is no doubt some words were exchanged between Mancini and Bellamy as M has confirmed that. That happens in any club or in any business. Somebody leaked it and it seems either they or the paper has made a lot more of it then it warranted. It sounds like a non story to me and clearly the idea that Bellers would be told or made to saty away for months is just laughable.

He trained normally for the last 2 days and there was no signs of anything untoward as I have said. Nobody trained Thursday although it's quite likely some were in for treatment and that logically would have included him.

how are they "tired" for games , sombody asked? First question for me is are they tired for games? Who says they are? I just don't believe that at all.There is no way at all that they are overtraining unless lots goes on behind the scenes.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum