Walcott

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Walcott

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Why all the hype? He must be the most overrated player ever.
Random I know, but he has been shocking for Arse today.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Walcott

Postby thegoatfeeder » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:55 pm

The lad is searing and when confident he has a pretty decent finish, but I agree most of the time he is a waste of time.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:55 pm

And you know he will be on the plane to the WC, not actually sure why as he has done nothing since the hatrick for England about 18 months ago. IMO does not warrent a place but will get one anyway despite being badly out of form and always injured.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Shockingly bad recently.

Sister of fu wrote:And you know he will be on the plane to the WC, not actually sure why as he has done nothing since the hatrick for England about 18 months ago. IMO does not warrent a place but will get one anyway despite being badly out of form and always injured.

I'm not sure about your point here. I don't think Fab Cap picks players just because of who they are, though I do think he'll be going just because we know he's impossible to play against when he's on form.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:01 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Shockingly bad recently.

Sister of fu wrote:And you know he will be on the plane to the WC, not actually sure why as he has done nothing since the hatrick for England about 18 months ago. IMO does not warrent a place but will get one anyway despite being badly out of form and always injured.

I'm not sure about your point here. I don't think Fab Cap picks players just because of who they are, though I do think he'll be going just because we know he's impossible to play against when he's on form.

I will bet you £10 that walcott will go to the WC despite form. Can you recall the last time he played and was impossible to play against??
Sister of fu

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

I will bet you £10 that walcott will go to the WC despite form. Can you recall the last time he played and was impossible to play against??

As I said I'm not defending Walcott's form at all, just Capello's selections.

What are the Theo alternatives?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Destined for a role as "supersub" and nothing more. Bring him on for 20 minutes against tired oppostion.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:39 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

As I said I'm not defending Walcott's form at all, just Capello's selections.

What are the Theo alternatives?

Not sure of anyone else apart from the usual suspects.
SWP, Lennon and then you have Milner and Becks for that right sided berth. SWP has little chance IMO of going. So i reckon them 4 will go because 3 of them can play in other postions.
Sister of fu

Postby LCBblue » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Arsenal fan on talksport said the same thing.

Havn't seen him enough this season to judge him but from what I hear he hasn't done much. Collymore on talksport called him a, "headless chicken" which sums him up well when he plays for England. Don't know about when playing for the Arse.
LCBblue
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Our Carlos

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:13 am

walcott is the fastest player I have ever seen, he is amazingly quick which will always give him a edge for selection depending on what capello wants. He is still young and learning, he is not as bad as some people say.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum