super punditism

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

super punditism

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:18 pm

I see Mrs Merton has done his best yet again, I had to laugh when I read it. How does this turd earn a wage?

I saw Everton beat Chelsea last week, and now people are asking if they can do the same to Manchester United.

I don't think they can. After what happened in midweek there's one team on a high and one team on a bit of a low, so I can only see an away win here.

Everton were cruising along against Sporting Lisbon on Tuesday and then they let in a late goal and Sylvain Distin got sent off to leave them feeling a bit deflated. Meanwhile, United are flying after going to the San Siro and beating AC Milan.

Plus Tim Cahill got injured, which is a huge blow for Everton because he would have given United something to worry about. Everton are a match for anyone when they get their full team out, but they haven't really been able to do that this season.

They showed against Chelsea how good they can be when they play at a high tempo. Louis Saha ran John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho ragged, but I just think Man United are a different proposition.

Wayne Rooney is just unplayable at the moment. You can keep him quiet for 20 minutes, like Milan did, but you can't keep him quiet for the whole game.

That's mainly because of Wayne Rooney, who is just unplayable at the moment. You can keep him quiet for 20 minutes, like Milan did, but you can't keep him quiet for the whole game. He wears people down with his movement and he will constantly chip away at defenders for 90 minutes.

It's later on in the game that he rips people apart and I don't know what you can do about it. You can't man-mark him when he's playing up front because he will either drop off into the hole or go beyond the defender. It's just a nightmare for the opposition.

Sir Alex Ferguson will show Everton respect on Saturday. I expect he'll match up with their 4-5-1 formation because he won't want to be outplayed in midfield and I'd be surprised if he played two up front.

Nani is suspended but the likes of Antonio Valencia will run off Rooney in those attacking positions. Ryan Giggs will be missed because of his experience, but Ferguson has players like Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick to call on.

The United players will be on a high after Milan and I expect them to pick up another big result on Saturday. Goodison Park is one of the hardest places to go and win, and it's a shame Everton's full team isn't fit because then it would be a heads-or-tails match.

But with the way both teams are at the moment, I can only see United winning.

PAUL'S PREDICTION
Away win - Everton are a very under-rated side, but with no Cahill in their team I have to go for 2-1 to Manchester United. I think United just have much more of a threat than Everton do right now.

MERSON'S MAGIC MAN
Sylvain Distin - The key player is Rooney, but I'll pick Distin because he has to mark him and will need to concentrate for every minute of the 90. If Rooney wins that battle there is no question who will win the game. I like Distin as a player, but sometimes he takes liberties and gets caught out like he did against Sporting Lisbon.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: super punditism

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:21 pm

The man is a total cock, like you said how he make's a wage doing this is beyond me.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I see Mrs Merton has done his best yet again, I had to laugh when I read it. How does this turd earn a wage?

I saw Everton beat Chelsea last week, and now people are asking if they can do the same to Manchester U***d.

I don't think they can. After what happened in midweek there's one team on a high and one team on a bit of a low, so I can only see an away win here.

Everton were cruising along against Sporting Lisbon on Tuesday and then they let in a late goal and Sylvain Distin got sent off to leave them feeling a bit deflated. Meanwhile, U***d are flying after going to the San Siro and beating AC Milan.

Plus Tim Cahill got injured, which is a huge blow for Everton because he would have given U***d something to worry about. Everton are a match for anyone when they get their full team out, but they haven't really been able to do that this season.

They showed against Chelsea how good they can be when they play at a high tempo. Louis Saha ran John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho ragged, but I just think Man U***d are a different proposition.

Wayne Rooney is just unplayable at the moment. You can keep him quiet for 20 minutes, like Milan did, but you can't keep him quiet for the whole game.

That's mainly because of Wayne Rooney, who is just unplayable at the moment. You can keep him quiet for 20 minutes, like Milan did, but you can't keep him quiet for the whole game. He wears people down with his movement and he will constantly chip away at defenders for 90 minutes.

It's later on in the game that he rips people apart and I don't know what you can do about it. You can't man-mark him when he's playing up front because he will either drop off into the hole or go beyond the defender. It's just a nightmare for the opposition.

Sir Alex Ferguson will show Everton respect on Saturday. I expect he'll match up with their 4-5-1 formation because he won't want to be outplayed in midfield and I'd be surprised if he played two up front.

Nani is suspended but the likes of Antonio Valencia will run off Rooney in those attacking positions. Ryan Giggs will be missed because of his experience, but Ferguson has players like Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick to call on.

The U***d players will be on a high after Milan and I expect them to pick up another big result on Saturday. Goodison Park is one of the hardest places to go and win, and it's a shame Everton's full team isn't fit because then it would be a heads-or-tails match.

But with the way both teams are at the moment, I can only see U***d winning.

PAUL'S PREDICTION
Away win - Everton are a very under-rated side, but with no Cahill in their team I have to go for 2-1 to Manchester U***d. I think U***d just have much more of a threat than Everton do right now.

MERSON'S MAGIC MAN
Sylvain Distin - The key player is Rooney, but I'll pick Distin because he has to mark him and will need to concentrate for every minute of the 90. If Rooney wins that battle there is no question who will win the game. I like Distin as a player, but sometimes he takes liberties and gets caught out like he did against Sporting Lisbon.

Those are clearly not the words of Merson. Not once does he mention 'you know', 'erm' or 'I mean' whereas, in real life, he is too fucking stupid to make one sentence without some or all of those phrases.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bluej » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Thats brilliant - without reading it in too much detail, I can already see a load of things where the opposite happened to what he has written!

"Wayne Rooney is just unplayable at the moment. You can keep him quiet for 20 minutes, like Milan did, but you can't keep him quiet for the whole game" - Wrong.

"I'd be surprised if he played two up front." - Wrong

"I like Distin as a player, but sometimes he takes liberties and gets caught out like he did against Sporting Lisbon." - Ignoring the fact that it was the pass from the other everton player that got Distin into trouble and he basically had to bring him down.

The man really is a degenerate crackhead.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:54 pm

He got just about every detail that you could get wrong in such a piece, wrong.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby branny » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Final score on BBC did my head in. Apparently Arsenal (ten points ahead of us having played 2 games more) are out of sight for 3rd and yet Everton (7 points behind us having played a game more) are now in with a shout of 4th.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:05 pm

Now i know Rodney Marsh got binned by Sky for a very poor taste joke so why do they pay the oxygen theif that is Merson it really does beggar belief.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:31 pm

I kicked Merson in the bollocks once. It was a stupid thing to do. I'd left my steel toe caps at home
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:53 am

super punditism

We are all geniuses on what they should have done or said after 5pm Saturday.

Bookies had the filth down to win as well...what a bunch of morons they are, when I see them I will flag down their Mercedes and tell them that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:52 am

Slim wrote:
super punditism

Bookies had the filth down to win as well...what a bunch of morons they are, when I see them I will flag down their Mercedes and tell them that.

I've never been able to predict games very well but I don't appear on TV doing it. It's hardly a 1 off with the D.C.H. though is it? He get's paid plenty to get every fucking thing wrong every fucking week. Him guessing Ferguson's team formation with such certainty is the one that particularly tickled me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
super punditism

I've never been able to predict games very well but I don't appear on TV doing it. It's hardly a 1 off with the D.C.H. though is it? He get's paid plenty to get every fucking thing wrong every fucking week. Him guessing Ferguson's team formation with such certainty is the one that particularly tickled me.

Then maybe my brother should have posted all the ones he got wrong and right so we can make a judgment on it, but he didn't, he chose this one example and in all honesty made himself look like an ass(only really works with this spelling). Being objective I never would have picked Everton to win this match and I doubt most people here knowing both Felliani and Cahill were both out would have as well. The bookies had the filth at short odds favourites and they probably lost a nice chunk on it as well, usually they can be relied upon to give an unbiased view as it's their money riding on it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:04 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
super punditism

Then maybe my brother should have posted all the ones he got wrong and right so we can make a judgment on it, but he didn't, he chose this one example and in all honesty made himself look like an ass(only really works with this spelling). Being objective I never would have picked Everton to win this match and I doubt most people here knowing both Felliani and Cahill were both out would have as well. The bookies had the filth at short odds favourites and they probably lost a nice chunk on it as well, usually they can be relied upon to give an unbiased view as it's their money riding on it.

its kind o heart warming watching you and D.C.H in the same corner.... very surreal though
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum