Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 pm

the club wants us in our seats at that time, for a loud rendition of bluemoon. Players will be in the tunnel at that time, and if it doesnt get them going nothing will.

COME ON CITY
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: 2.54

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Did I miss something or did fucl all happen?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:23 pm

isnt the a "rendition" on bluemoon at around this time every game? poor atmospher once again. I miss maine road :(
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:26 pm

King Kev wrote:Did I miss something or did fucl all happen?

You missed nothing, why on earth when they put the blue moon up on both screens they don't blast out the music, I have no idea
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:36 pm

I had a new hair cut, maybe that was it?
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:39 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:I had a new hair cut, maybe that was it?

i think that's what it was..lol
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Nothing suprising or exciting happened at this time and the atmosphere was a bit dull to be honest. I am in 110 in the south stand and i got told to sit down numerous times like others in the block. My question is.........WHY?
Blueboylewis

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby aaron bond » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:isnt the a "rendition" on bluemoon at around this time every game? poor atmospher once again. I miss maine road :(

I agree that the atmosphere at COMS isn't always great, but let's not kid ourselves that the atmosphere at Maine Road was great prior to moving grounds.

OK it may have been great in the 70s and 80s (so I hear as it was before my time) but in the late 90s and 00s it was dead in there for most games.

We need to focus on creating a great atmosphere at COMS rather than wishing for a return to an atmosphere that actually didn't exist in the years before we moved to COMS.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:33 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Lee's Alter Ego wrote:isnt the a "rendition" on bluemoon at around this time every game? poor atmospher once again. I miss maine road :(

I agree that the atmosphere at COMS isn't always great, but let's not kid ourselves that the atmosphere at Maine Road was great prior to moving grounds.

OK it may have been great in the 70s and 80s (so I hear as it was before my time) but in the late 90s and 00s it was dead in there for most games.

We need to focus on creating a great atmosphere at COMS rather than wishing for a return to an atmosphere that actually didn't exist in the years before we moved to COMS.

to be honest mate your probably right. Prior to moving the atmosphere was pretty poor although i still think it was better than what we have now. These new grounds just dont seem to create the same atmosphere as the old ones. sound just seems to go up an out
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:37 am

King Kev wrote:Did I miss something or did fucl all happen?

Somebody fulked up
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Mike J » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:48 am

we shouldnt need any gimmicks to be up for matches like that! the atmosphere in that place is just shite. end of.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:38 am

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

to be honest mate your probably right. Prior to moving the atmosphere was pretty poor although i still think it was better than what we have now. These new grounds just dont seem to create the same atmosphere as the old ones. sound just seems to go up an out

The late 90's early 2000's were Joe Royle & Kevin Keegan. Wheras there may have been some glum days amongst relegations etc, the place was fucking buzzing better than Stoke is now for a lot of that time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 am

In recent years we....

• Seem to get louder and more passionate when we are getting battered by the opposition and we can't get out of our own half offering huge amounts of encouragement for our players to get a grip on the game. This is also the case when we are "wronged" by an opposing player or official and the decibels go up a notch.
  • When we control the game or kill the life out of it the fans start chatting amongst themselves or sending text messages and lose focus on the game until an interesting moment occurs.
  • When we dominate a game and score lots of goals we also go quiet and have a good laugh and joke with those arounds us but fail to sing many songs.

Hamburg at home aside I cannot think of another occasion when the crowd have got the team going. Normally the team have to get the crowd going by doing something exciting on the pitch.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:In recent years we....

• Seem to get louder and more passionate when we are getting battered by the opposition and we can't get out of our own half offering huge amounts of encouragement for our players to get a grip on the game. This is also the case when we are "wronged" by an opposing player or official and the decibels go up a notch.
  • When we control the game or kill the life out of it the fans start chatting amongst themselves or sending text messages and lose focus on the game until an interesting moment occurs.
  • When we dominate a game and score lots of goals we also go quiet and have a good laugh and joke with those arounds us but fail to sing many songs.

Hamburg at home aside I cannot think of another occasion when the crowd have got the team going. Normally the team have to get the crowd going by doing something exciting on the pitch.

Absolutely agree. Thought it was starting to improve at times but now it's getting worse & worse. Where I am, when I cheer the names of the players read out from the team sheet, I'm one of the only people doing it & I'd say, looking in front of me, it's only about 1 in 7-8 who bother.

Can't remember the last time there was a decent atmos at a Liverpool game though, they are a dire outfit to play.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Absolutely agree. Thought it was starting to improve at times but now it's getting worse & worse. Where I am, when I cheer the names of the players read out from the team sheet, I'm one of the only people doing it & I'd say, looking in front of me, it's only about 1 in 7-8 who bother.

I heard that the club have a policy to try and fill the ground up as full as possible regardless of whether tickets have been bought. This means they sell tickets for a fiver to the Manchester University, local residents get free entry sometimes and schools and clubs get given shed loads.

All in all you get a lot of non-City supporting fans in the crowd. I think, if true, this is the real cause of the atmosphere getting worse and worse.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:37 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Absolutely agree. Thought it was starting to improve at times but now it's getting worse & worse. Where I am, when I cheer the names of the players read out from the team sheet, I'm one of the only people doing it & I'd say, looking in front of me, it's only about 1 in 7-8 who bother.

I heard that the club have a policy to try and fill the ground up as full as possible regardless of whether tickets have been bought. This means they sell tickets for a fiver to the Manchester University, local residents get free entry sometimes and schools and clubs get given shed loads.

All in all you get a lot of non-City supporting fans in the crowd. I think, if true, this is the real cause of the atmosphere getting worse and worse.

As those seats wouldn't have a City fan in them anyway, not sure it makes a difference.

Anyone else think the screens have an impact - whenever there's a goal or decent chance, I and all the people round me shout initially and then turn to watch a replay, hence no singing ever starts from something positive in the game.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazlebluefrog » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 pm

ok i couldn't give a fcuk if you slaughter me be i think most of todays fans are fucking pussies ,nothing could beat the noise at maine rd back in the 70's/80's, a lot of the real fans carn't afford to go now it's to expensive, soon some of them will be asking for "prawn sandwiches "!! seems there are to many "hangers on"at coms ,credit goes to the fans who go away they make more noise ,is it cause we're stuck in a smaller stand all together where as at coms some who want to sing (except south )don't cause they get funny looks
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Yesterdays Game... » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:33 pm

got to admit.. i'm 19 so my days at Maine Rd memories are very limited and been a lot smaller back then its bound to of been a noisier place! but the atmosphere at COMS is pap, when me and my dad go I have often felt embarassed to stand and shout, cheer players coming out, cheer subs etc because most of the fans around you look at you like you have pissed on there chips dont know if it has always been the case but it's shit, I go to watch my local team Morecambe FC on non City match days and I daresay for a league 2 side the support is better!
[center]Image[/center]
Yesterdays Game...
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:10 am

Honest, Im losing the will to go to football matches. I pay well over £100 a time, spend hours travelling there and back, SIT amongst people that think they are in a library ,while watching a shit game of football..

Im sorry, but I wont be going to another game for a while. Call me a crap fan if you like, I just dont think Im getting value for money. I could handle it if the place was buzzing. I was in 107 and me and the lad next to me joined in with the chants from singers in an attempt to spread the 'atmos'- no one wanted to know!! It seriously needs sorting. Its embarrassing.

Id rather have 10,000 that got behind the side rather than 46,500 that sit in silence..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 am

Could you ever picture COMS like this? [youtube]LBBPoyXEOhM&feature=related[/youtube]
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum