Everton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Everton

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Have played all of the top 5 home and away, they're on fire, and they're 25/1 to finish 4th. I thought I should share this betting nugget.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: Everton

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:25 pm

I suppose if you bet against City and your bet wins then you've got something out of the defeat.

Arsenal also have the easiest run in and are only a couple of points behind the Leaders.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby HeyMark » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:25 pm

All except us dub! But yea I agree they look on form atm
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Have played all of the top 5 home and away, they're on fire, and they're 25/1 to finish 4th. I thought I should share this betting nugget.

You know what, I was thinking exactly the same the other day. They are 7 points behind us but I wouldn't put it beyond them to make it to 4th spot and 25/1 certainly aren't bad odds.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Have played all of the top 5 home and away, they're on fire, and they're 25/1 to finish 4th. I thought I should share this betting nugget.

You know what, I was thinking exactly the same the other day. They are 7 points behind us but I wouldn't put it beyond them to make it to 4th spot and 25/1 certainly aren't bad odds.

You wouldn't put it beyond a team 7 points behind us to finish higher in the league, despite the fact that the man you desperately wanted is in the job?
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:32 pm

What's all this 7 points business? By the end of play today it will be a minimum 8 points upto a max of 10.

That would mean that the us or Dippers would have to lose a minimum 3 games whilst Everton win all theirs. 25/1 is an outside shot, but definately not worth a punt from me!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

You wouldn't put it beyond a team 7 points behind us to finish higher in the league, despite the fact that the man you desperately wanted is in the job?

Ummm.....no. Or put it this way, I don't think Everton are the most likely team to finish four BUT the chances of that happening are better than 25/1. Which is what betting is all about, right?

I said that my hopes for the season was 5th spot finish with good push for fourth. Personally I feel we are in right track to achieve that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:They are 7 points behind us but I wouldn't put it beyond them to make it to 4th spot

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:You wouldn't put it beyond a team 7 points behind us to finish higher in the league, despite the fact that the man you desperately wanted is in the job?

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ummm.....no.

Glad we cleared that up.

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I said that my hopes for the season was 5th spot finish with good push for fourth. Personally I feel we are in right track to achieve that.

Those were our pre-season/Mark Hughes/building targets. That script was torn up. It's nonsense to say that the same targets now apply, utter nonsense.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Didn't expect this one to turn into a Mancini/ Hughes thread but you managed to turn it round seamlessly. Good work.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:14 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Didn't expect this one to turn into a Mancini/ Hughes thread but you managed to turn it round seamlessly. Good work.

Turn it round?

Vijay Singh is 60-1 for the Masters too.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Turn it round.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Have they? what was their result against the current (at time of writing) 4th place team away from home then?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Didn't expect this one to turn into a Mancini/ Hughes thread but you managed to turn it round seamlessly. Good work.

Turn it round?

Tiger has announced that he's fucking again, so 60-1 is a suckers bet. He'll be poundfucking hostesses, strippers and cocktails waitresses by Augusta and fistpumping clutch putts for the world to see.

Just wanted to share that insight.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Turn it round?

Tiger has announced that he's fucking again, so 60-1 is a suckers bet. He'll be poundfucking hostesses, strippers and cocktails waitresses by Augusta and fistpumping clutch putts for the world to see.

Just wanted to share that insight.

cheers

GOOD FOR HIM.....BACK OF THE NET.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Socrates wrote:

Have they? what was their result against the current (at time of writing) 4th place team away from home then?

Devil's in the details isn't Jon - the old game in hand isn't it.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Return to The Maine Football forum