Booing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Booing

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:01 pm

No way back for manager when our crowd decides for whatever reasons that we have wrong man in charge. Personally I think that was pathetic though. There was definite improvement on performance and draw against Scousepool isn't disaster (in fact it's more of a disaster for them).

But hey ho, adios Roberto.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Booing

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:No way back for manager when our crowd decides for whatever reasons that we have wrong man in charge. Personally I think that was pathetic though. There was definite improvement on performance and draw against Scousepool isn't disaster (in fact it's more of a disaster for them).

They were booing the ref. If you listen to the crowd they were singing "You're not fit to referee" for the last ten minutes.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CityGer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:02 pm

THEY WERE BOOING THE REF
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Surely booing the referee for letting them get away with 90 minutes of physical assault?
Shows how bad it was if they got 7(?) yellow cards yet still got away with murder!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Mate, they were clearly booing the ref. I'm not really sure why you think we're all against Mancini.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 pm

easily aimed at the ref, no question.

Watching on a stream I thought ref was decent first half. Second half he was a JOKE. Gave nothing for red cards/ pens and gave free kicks for nothing!

Vince is also a fucking lucky chap.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby bluej » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 pm

It was obviously for the ref, given the chanting and the fact that everytime his whistle blew the noise went up.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 pm

I hope you boys are right. I certainly do.

I'll wait 'til the lads get back from the game and tell what was the atmos like. I honestly fear it's starting to gather pace now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 pm

NQDP, I am sure they must have been booing the ref and the pen that should have been. I know G & B says his mate at the ground but how does he know how the crowd are feeling. We have just played a dirty set of twats who came away with 6 or 7 yellows and couldn't beat us at football so resorted to fouling and pulling us down even off the ball. I can't see it being at Mancini. If we perform like this at potteries then we will be in the next round.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:No way back for manager when our crowd decides for whatever reasons that we have wrong man in charge. Personally I think that was pathetic though. There was definite improvement on performance and draw against Scousepool isn't disaster (in fact it's more of a disaster for them).

honestly, a bullshit climbdown on your part. Yr not getting off this easy.

;)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:06 pm

ruralblue wrote:NQDP, I am sure they must have been booing the ref and the pen that should have been. I know G & B says his mate at the ground but how does he know how the crowd are feeling. We have just played a dirty set of twats who came away with 6 or 7 yellows and couldn't beat us at football so resorted to fouling and pulling us down even off the ball. I can't see it being at Mancini. If we perform like this at potteries then we will be in the next round.

I agree with all of that.

We are entering into critical period of the season. We are still in with a shout for 4th spot and FA Cup. When those ae over, people can start voicing their discontent in ground if they want to but right now hopefully not.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:09 pm

There was absolutely no reason to boo the team today for that reason alone I don't believe it. I thought we played very well today, obviously a win would have been better but our defense looked great, Kompany and Lescott definitely have to be the Centerback pairing for the rest of the season now.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:12 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:There was absolutely no reason to boo the team today for that reason alone I don't believe it. I thought we played very well today, obviously a win would have been better but our defense looked great, Kompany and Lescott definitely have to be the Centerback pairing for the rest of the season now.

Defence solid but much more effort going forward today, shame that Liverpool were allowed to get away with 90 minutes of tactical assaulting.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Exactly. Liverpool were a bunch of clogging thugs tonight. I have never seen so many studs up challenges in one game before.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby french_tony » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Just got back from the match. Was no booing of the team or the manager, just the cheating bent ref and the dirty scouse twats.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:21 pm

french_tony wrote:Just got back from the match. Was no booing of the team or the manager, just the cheating bent ref and the dirty scouse twats.

Good good. I got it wrong then. Topic locked.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum