Missing Tevez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Missing Tevez

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:23 am

The Argentinian press is full of stories along the lines of Mancini ordering Tevez back, or that he had ordered him back and Tevez ignored it etc.

So he should get the message if he can read (which I seriously doubt), or if one of his 'advisers' tells him!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 am

john@staustell wrote:The Argentinian press is full of stories along the lines of Mancini ordering Tevez back, or that he had ordered him back and Tevez ignored it etc.

So he should get the message if he can read (which I seriously doubt), or if one of his 'advisers' tells him!

The story seems to be coming from the interview he did with GMR last night after the game, as it is excerpts of this interview is being quoted in the media in conjunction with this story. However I listened to it and I wont go as far as saying he didnt say it, as I may have missed the bit where he said he had "ordered" him home - as some scouse prick who I had unfortunately offered a lift to the match wouldnt stfu.

As far as I could tell simply said he wasnt 100% sure what was going on, and that he expected he would be back some time next week, but to play vs Stoke was very unlikely due to the travelling.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Craig B » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:09 pm

The Beeb are now reporting that we're going to give him 'as much times as he needs' - sounds as if this is gonna drag on and on. Obviously my sympathies are with Carlos but in footballing terms it's the worst possible thing that could happen - we're royally fucked without him.

LINK
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Grob wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Tell me a team that doesn't miss their top scorer. Hardly ground-breaking insight this, is it?

Brilliant.

Weve built our team around Tevez, its not like we have a spare to stick in when hes not here.

And on top of that we don't have Benji anymore !!

On a serious note, I hope his baby girl pull through and I cannot imagine he can be of much use on the field if his girl is still in intensive care. Does he have that mental toughness ?
Talk about bad timing. Its already cost us 4 points and an FA Cup replay.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:The Argentinian press is full of stories along the lines of Mancini ordering Tevez back, or that he had ordered him back and Tevez ignored it etc.

The story seems to be coming from the interview he did with GMR last night after the game, as it is excerpts of this interview is being quoted in the media in conjunction with this story. However I listened to it and I wont go as far as saying he didnt say it, as I may have missed the bit where he said he had "ordered" him home - as some scouse prick who I had unfortunately offered a lift to the match wouldnt stfu.

As far as I could tell simply said he wasnt 100% sure what was going on, and that he expected he would be back some time next week, but to play vs Stoke was very unlikely due to the travelling.

I agree he didn't actually mean to say that, but that is how it looks in Argentina, and Tevez is a simple and emotive fellow for sure. Personally I obviously cant see him back for the FA cup, and I have realistically written off winning at Chelsea in my predictions - 0-0 hopefully but defeat more likely. In which case lets have him back fresh for Spuds or Sunderland (whichever turns out to be first) and start chalking up those wins we need.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Jaarobchian just been on SSN, says possible for saturday but not for wednesday.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby viking the Odd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:54 pm

He should come back when he feels up to it, no point rushing him back.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum