we fans can do our bit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

we fans can do our bit

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 pm

we need the team that we are behind them all the way, its no use booing them, we need to get behind them, give encouragement all the time, sing our hearts out for the full game, moan after the bloody game if you want, but at the game give them the vocal backing that they need to raise there game. some people dont know that when we was in the 3rd tier we give them the vocal backing all the time, and belive me some of those games, we was utter shite, and some on here know, that ive seen a lot worse then what we are seeing now, remember we are still 5th with a game in hand
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: we fans can do our bit

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:12 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:we need the team that we are behind them all the way, its no use booing them, we need to get behind them, give encouragement all the time, sing our hearts out for the full game, moan after the bloody game if you want, but at the game give them the vocal backing that they need to raise there game. some people dont know that when we was in the 3rd tier we give them the vocal backing all the time, and belive me some of those games, we was utter shite, and some on here know, that ive seen a lot worse then what we are seeing now, remember we are still 5th with a game in hand

I think you are looking back on Maine road and our days fucking about in the lower tiers with rose tinted specs there mate, the atmosphere was frequently awful for some of those games.

I agree that that we need to do our bit and get behind them during the game, but the negative style and lack of urgency in our play is stifling any atmosphere and enjoyment. Got the impression the fans were up for it today and were in good voice for the first 10 minutes or so, but the players/manager need to give us something to get behind.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Grob » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Its difficult to get excited by a game played negativly by 2 supposedly good english teams
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:I think you are looking back on Maine road and our days fucking about in the lower tiers with rose tinted specs there mate, the atmosphere was frequently awful for some of those games.
Very true mate.

I think a lot of us are guilty of having false memories of the 'fantastic' atmosphere at Maine Road.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the place and even shed a tear when I saw it being demolished, but I do remember coming away after a lot of matches and remarking on the crap atmosphere.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum