After Watching Ricardo Fuller

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

After Watching Ricardo Fuller

Postby Goatsleftpeg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:38 pm

The stoke game on Sat i was wondering when Ricardo Fuller will get banned for his balls high tackle on the pompay player. Considering the FA righty did Vieira because the Ref did'nt see it, should the same not apply here. Same with the Mascherano challange on Zab where he raked his studs down the back of his leg. Or does this only apply to certain teams.
Last edited by Niall Quinns Discopants on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edited to match the content
Riddle me this riddle me that there's another rag shoot the twat!
Goatsleftpeg
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Current NDJ. Past D White

Re: After Watching

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Is the Stoke game weds being televised? (didnt wanna start a new thread and can't view the fixtures link)

Cheers
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: After Watching Ricardo Fuller

Postby johnny99 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:05 pm

no
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Goatsleftpeg wrote:The stoke game on Sat i was wondering when Ricardo Fuller will get banned for his balls high tackle on the pompay player. Considering the FA righty did Vieira because the Ref did'nt see it, should the same not apply here. Same with the Mascherano challange on Zab where he raked his studs down the back of his leg. Or does this only apply to certain teams.

I thought exactly the same. A charge will surely feed Pulis' paranoia, although it is richly deserved. Stoke are not much without Fuller and Etherington who, I hope, is still out.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:26 pm

he should be suspended for being allowed to wear those ghetto fabulous earrings during a match.

Is it just me that finds that vulgar? it really fuclin irks me.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby TrueBlue82 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:he should be suspended for being allowed to wear those ghetto fabulous earrings during a match.

cheers

no its not just you, i cant understand why he is allowed to either?!?!?!
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby xavi6 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:59 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:he should be suspended for being allowed to wear those ghetto fabulous earrings during a match.

cheers

They discussed it on the Football Weekly podcast the other week. They aren't earrings. They're rubber plugs where earrings should be.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:11 pm

xavi6 wrote:
TrueBlue82 wrote:

cheers

They discussed it on the Football Weekly podcast the other week. They aren't earrings. They're rubber plugs where earrings should be.

laff. ffs. im struggling to even understand what that means. i must be getting old. Do you mean like those tribal/African-looking plugs that some hipsters wear which aren't earrings but rubber plugs where earrings should be?

if i were a defender i'd rip one out of his ear for sure, somehow.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby xavi6 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:35 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
xavi6 wrote:
TrueBlue82 wrote:

cheers

laff. ffs. im struggling to even understand what that means. i must be getting old. Do you mean like those tribal/African-looking plugs that some hipsters wear which aren't earrings but rubber plugs where earrings should be?

cheers

Actually I was slightly off -

http://www.thefa.com/GrassrootsNew/Refe ... cation.htm

Due to many queries we have recently received from referees and the public concerning Ricardo Fuller of Stoke City FC, we are issuing the following statement concerning the wearing of jewellery in this individual case.

Ricardo Fuller of Stoke City does NOT play with earrings in. He takes them out in front of the referee and covers the two holes with 'plastic caps' covered with tape to stop dirt getting into the holes and causing a possible infection.
As a reminder, the rules regarding players' equipment are as follows:-

The Referee’s role is to inspect footwear and jewellery before each and every match.

Match Officials are reminded that Law 4 states: "A player must not use equipment or wear anything which is dangerous to himself or another player, including any kind of jewellery."

All jewellery, including plain wedding rings, must be removed. The Referee’s decision is final and players in contravention of this Law must not be allowed to enter the field of play.

Match Officials are also to incorporate a footwear inspection into the pre-match safety check of players’ equipment. This will take place before entry to the field of play immediately prior to the game.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:43 pm

good find
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:49 pm

xavi6 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
xavi6 wrote:
TrueBlue82 wrote:

cheers

cheers

Actually I was slightly off -

http://www.thefa.com/GrassrootsNew/Refe ... cation.htm

Due to many queries we have recently received from referees and the public concerning Ricardo Fuller of Stoke City FC, we are issuing the following statement concerning the wearing of jewellery in this individual case.

Ricardo Fuller of Stoke City does NOT play with earrings in. He takes them out in front of the referee and covers the two holes with 'plastic caps' covered with tape to stop dirt getting into the holes and causing a possible infection.
As a reminder, the rules regarding players' equipment are as follows:-

The Referee’s role is to inspect footwear and jewellery before each and every match.

Match Officials are reminded that Law 4 states: "A player must not use equipment or wear anything which is dangerous to himself or another player, including any kind of jewellery."

All jewellery, including plain wedding rings, must be removed. The Referee’s decision is final and players in contravention of this Law must not be allowed to enter the field of play.

Match Officials are also to incorporate a footwear inspection into the pre-match safety check of players’ equipment. This will take place before entry to the field of play immediately prior to the game.

so he's just created some ornamental coverings which look like ghetto stud earrings or is he now doing something differently to hide them? i didn't see him at the weekend bear in mind.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm

I wish some of us could stop being worried about other clubs to the level of paranoia. Lets just concern ourselves with the matter of Manchester City and forget the other nineteen teams in the league. Yes I think Mascherano should have been sent off but seeing the refs angle I can understand how he missed it. I don't think he didn't send him off to upset Man City or us. Vieira was rightly given a ban for kicking Glen Whelan in the balls, his case was duly heard - not fast tracked - as was Rio Ferdinand's. The Scum then cheated where the system allows them to by making what was deemed a frivolous appeal so he could play against us.
Take care of Man City and ignore all the other teams except when we play them, then give them hell for ninety minutes.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goatsleftpeg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:I wish some of us could stop being worried about other clubs to the level of paranoia. Lets just concern ourselves with the matter of Manchester City and forget the other nineteen teams in the league. Yes I think Mascherano should have been sent off but seeing the refs angle I can understand how he missed it. I don't think he didn't send him off to upset Man City or us. Vieira was rightly given a ban for kicking Glen Whelan in the balls, his case was duly heard - not fast tracked - as was Rio Ferdinand's. The Scum then cheated where the system allows them to by making what was deemed a frivolous appeal so he could play against us.
Take care of Man City and ignore all the other teams except when we play them, then give them hell for ninety minutes.

I'm not worried about other teams, I just want fair play for all. Vieira should of been sent off at the time against Stoke, he was'nt and was righty punished a few days later. Fuller did the same thing on Sat, but i've not heard a thing about it. That's my point.
Riddle me this riddle me that there's another rag shoot the twat!
Goatsleftpeg
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: Current NDJ. Past D White

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Haven't seen this weeks Fuller incident. Only reason I'd like him out is to weaken Stoke for the cup tie against us and then he can play against every other team and hopefully give them as hard a time as he's given us.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Doubt anything is going to happen, seems to have slipped under the radar because that was a nasty stamp and Vieira's was certainly no worse.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum