carlos to be back for chelsea

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

carlos to be back for chelsea

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Carlos Tevez’s adviser expects the Manchester City striker to be available for this weekend’s match against Chelsea.

The Argentina international has been in his homeland for more than a week after his wife gave birth prematurely.

With Vanesa now out of hospital, although the baby is still in intensive care, City boss Mancini wants Tevez back in England.

Mancini revealed after Sunday’s goalless draw with Liverpool that he did not know when the 26-year-old would return from compassionate leave, having spoken to the striker three days ago.

City travel to Stoke on Wednesday for an FA Cup replay, then take on Barclays Premier League leaders Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime.

However, Kia Joorabchian today said he believes Tevez will be fit for the Stamford Bridge contest - and refuted claims the player was not keeping his employers in the picture.

Joorabchian told Sky Sports News: “The club have been informed on a daily basis - Carlos Tevez has given 100% to the club since the day he arrived.

“When your child is in intensive care it’s a very serious matter.

“He hopes to be back for the Chelsea game. He hopes things will get better, for his daughter’s sake and because he wants to get back and play. He loves to play.

“When these things happen you have to deal with them. Obviously he’s having to go through a very difficult period but he’s dealt with them before and will continue to do so.”

Joorabchian continued: “The signs are very positive in terms of his daughter’s recovery and we are all hoping this is the case.

“He was determined to get back for the Liverpool game but unfortunately the situation didn’t get much better. However, she has got better over the weekend.”

Joorabchian insists the information should not be news to City, adding: “He has been keeping the club informed on a daily basis - including the manager...they have exchanged messages once or twice.”

And Joorabchian insisted the player is maintaining his fitness while he is in his homeland, as he explained: “He’s training daily with the national team of Argentina out there and spending one-and-a-half to two hours there.

“He is a professional. He understands that side of it.”

sorry if someone else has posted this, i know we have missed him, but im sure he is worried about his new girl more then football now, and he should be, but im sure he will be back soon and wanting to get us to 4th place
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: carlos to be back for chelsea

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:26 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 87,00.html

Hope her daughter would stay better in next few days, hola Carlitos, remember Manchester is your new town, definitively!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Thank Christ!!
Original Dub

Postby walmai » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Poor old Carlos. Still got Kia as his 'advisor' (shhhsshhh - don't say agent, because Kia isn't registered as one).
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:50 pm

walmai wrote:Poor old Carlos. Still got Kia as his 'advisor' (shhhsshhh - don't say agent, because Kia isn't registered as one).

oooh bitter lemons mr hammer? ;)

I reckon his "adviser" has been fantastic for him...
Original Dub

Postby walmai » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Naah no bitter lemons. We could never have paid Tevez's and Kia's wages on a long contract. Which is effectively what you're doing.

Our opinions will of course differ. But, for the record, I'd sooner have never seen Tevez play in West Ham colours than have my club have any dealings at all with Kia Joorabchian. I am well-documented wishing well to the player, even in times of his playing against us and scoring in those games.

But Kia is different. I personally cannot stand him.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm

walmai wrote:Naah no bitter lemons. We could never have paid Tevez's and Kia's wages on a long contract. Which is effectively what you're doing.

Our opinions will of course differ. But, for the record, I'd sooner have never seen Tevez play in West Ham colours than have my club have any dealings at all with Kia Joorabchian. I am well-documented wishing well to the player, even in times of his playing against us and scoring in those games.

Hmmm... from what I saw, if Tevez hadn't played for you you would have went down mate. I could be wrong though and obviously you know better...

Also, what did Kia do on West Ham personally?
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
walmai wrote:Naah no bitter lemons. We could never have paid Tevez's and Kia's wages on a long contract. Which is effectively what you're doing.

Hmmm... from what I saw, if Tevez hadn't played for you you would have went down mate. I could be wrong though and obviously you know better...

i can't speak for Walmai, but i felt that season the team could have performed well under Pardew if Kia had kept his nose out of shit tempting the team with a deal for two top-flight Argie intl players whom no one else would bite on because of the shadiness of the deal. Can you blame Kia for that? partially i think. he knew he was crossing a line...

Honestly, Pardew was reluctant to lose control of his team sheet AND risk playing them much because of what he knew about the deals...that was always my suspicion.

Walmai?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

i can't speak for Walmai, but i felt that season the team could have performed well under Pardew if Kia had kept his nose out of shit tempting the team with a deal for two top-flight Argie intl players whom no one else would bite on because of the shadiness of the deal. Can you blame Kia for that? partially i think. he knew he was crossing a line...

Honestly, Pardew was reluctant to lose control of his team sheet AND risk playing them much because of what he knew about the deals...that was always my suspicion.

Walmai?

cheers

I suppose you could say their arrival upset the team, but it shouldn't have. Mascherano looked absolutely SHITE and Tevez took a while to get up to the pace of the prem, but both prospered at top clubs the season after, so you could also say he mis-managed them.

Also, its up to West Ham's legal team to define what's shady and what's above board. I recall at the time when it was rumoured they were on loan that West Ham came out and said they were bought and were absolutely West Ham players.

I don't know about you, but it looks more shady from West Ham than Kia (sorry walmai)
Original Dub

Postby walmai » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:42 pm

You're both half right, which is precisely the answer and the problem for us.

I would still, hand on heart, believe that if

(a) Ashton's ankle had never been destroyed, and
(b) Neither of the players in question had never arrived

we would have done as well, if not better, than we did with them.

Tevez was woefully unfit when he first arrived; no manager, Hiddink, Taggart, take your pick, can use a player who isn't match fit.
He was also - along with Mascherano - parachuted into a squad that was until that point very tight and very capable. We literally lost the FA Cup in the dying minutes of normal time, as you will of course recall.

So, in terms of benefit to West Ham, I aint particularly convinced, even if you don't factor into the equation the arrival of two players who spoke no English and who - I strongly believe - being told that they were the entrees to a deal that would lead to WHU being sold to Kia-led consortium. If that had happened I wouldn't have gone back.

Why? Because Kia is a businessman, and is only 'in football' because of the lucre washing around it. Kia actually happily adopted the 'front man' role without much more than the players as assets.

People will of course always go back to that season and shorthand it as being 'the season he kept us up'. Its all conjecture, really. As I say, if he'd never come, but Ashton's ankle had never been shattered, we might never have gone close to the drop zone in the first place. Its known that Reo-Coker spat the dummy because of Mascherano's arrival (he was garbage in every game he played for us, btw), so maybe other strikers and players responded badly to Tevez's arrival. Footballers are a funny breed. Lots of ego, I am sure you will agree.

And Tevez - inspired by Kia I would bet my mortgage - broke the contract that he did have with us anyway - it was a 2 year loan, noobdy so far as I recall claimed otherwise. I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, because, in his heart, he just loves playing football. Such charity is not extendable to Kia.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:54 pm

walmai wrote:You're both half right, which is precisely the answer and the problem for us.

I can understand the discussion evolving along the lines of the Argies upsetting the cohesiveness of the team, but you are pushing what ifs too far with Ashton.

Ashton's ankle WAS destroyed. Its like Liverpool saying they would win the league every year if Torres stayed fit, he doesnt, so its a waste of breath.

In the absence of both Ashton AND Tevez, we would still have that twat Warnock ruining my tv every weekend.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Sorry to piss on our Carlos homecoming parade, but as I understand it he won't be home for the weekend.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Blue Toy wrote:Sorry to piss on our Carlos homecoming parade, but as I understand it he won't be home for the weekend.

What makes you understand that mate?

ITK? Bluemoon? Do tell!
Original Dub

Postby walmai » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
walmai wrote:You're both half right, which is precisely the answer and the problem for us.

I can understand the discussion evolving along the lines of the Argies upsetting the cohesiveness of the team, but you are pushing what ifs too far with Ashton.

Ashton's ankle WAS destroyed. Its like Liverpool saying they would win the league every year if Torres stayed fit, he doesnt, so its a waste of breath.

In the absence of both Ashton AND Tevez, we would still have that twat Warnock ruining my tv every weekend.

Not so sure you're right, but, in fairness, this is a City Tevez thread and we're talking about my team's history.
If we'd never signed either of them on loan, Pardew may never have had the troubles he/we had.

So, I'll take the 'rescued you all from Mrs Doubtfire' tribute and bid you farewell
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Sorry to piss on our Carlos homecoming parade, but as I understand it he won't be home for the weekend.

ITK? Bluemoon? Do tell!

I don't like to profess ITK and all that shite, but ITK from a source who has given me good info in the past (and at the time I shared the info by PM with a couple of faces on here, but now PM is fucked so I can't).
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

ITK? Bluemoon? Do tell!

I don't like to profess ITK and all that shite, but ITK from a source who has given me good info in the past (and at the time I shared the info by PM with a couple of faces on here, but now PM is fucked so I can't).

thats right, make us more like feeling the blues lol
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

ITK? Bluemoon? Do tell!

Furry muff mate...

Well if that's true its bad bad news. This game is gonna be hard enough as it is without our star man!
Original Dub

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 pm

I'll be honest, I'm pretty sceptical of what I got told because I haven't seen it reported anywhere, so hopefully it's wrong and he'll be back.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum