We'll play Stoke at their own game, says Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We'll play Stoke at their own game, says Mancini

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:42 pm

dazlebluefrog wrote:who mentioned 15-14 to us??do you mean on pens?who remembers back in the early 80's going to stoke on a midweek night(old victoria ground and big joe saved us in the league cup on pens , he said as he was the next one up to take one for us he didn't think much of himself as a pen taken so had to stop their pen i reckon if it goes to pens shay will pull us through

I did. I was just being silly about all the Goals coming from the throw ins that each side will force against eachother.

In reality, Stoke will win 2-1 because we'll bottle it.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Whilst I think this is another case of the title sensationalising the story two things have surprised/ disappointed me. Firstly the fact that the club would publish something as derogatory as that on the front page.

Secondly, and if MCF.net has taught me anything it has taught me to only believe quotes in stories like these, is this: "we will prepare for a different game and not play our football". A little part of me is excited that we won't be playing the "football" we so eloquently practised in the last three matches, but something tells me that Mancini has very different thoughts than I do.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Don't give a monkeys how aesthetically pleasing the tie is, or how pretty our footy is. The object of the exercise is to get through the tie and stay in the comp.

What I do want to see is our manager and players hang there balls out there and be positive and actually go for the win, not pile 10 behind the ball all the time and go out meekly without having a go.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Don't give a monkeys how aesthetically pleasing the tie is, or how pretty our footy is. The object of the exercise is to get through the tie and stay in the comp.

What I do want to see is our manager and players hang there balls out there and be positive and actually go for the win, not pile 10 behind the ball all the time and go out meekly without having a go.

im not sure you intended the lack of ownership in the phrase "there balls" but i concur.

will someone with a pair step up this week please?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazlebluefrog » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:53 pm

btajim wrote:
dazlebluefrog wrote:who mentioned 15-14 to us??do you mean on pens?who remembers back in the early 80's going to stoke on a midweek night(old victoria ground and big joe saved us in the league cup on pens , he said as he was the next one up to take one for us he didn't think much of himself as a pen taken so had to stop their pen i reckon if it goes to pens shay will pull us through

I did. I was just being silly about all the Goals coming from the throw ins that each side will force against eachother.

In reality, Stoke will win 2-1 because we'll bottle it.

come on jim have faith in roberto and the rest of our players, we'll see this through no problem, just hope it don't go to extra time cause they'll be knackered for sat ,now that is a game to be worried about
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:57 pm

I see we are getting our post match criticism in early this week :)

I think I'll pass on slashing my wrists just yet but I'll happily tuck into my popcorn and watch you guys flay yourselves with this one
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:01 pm

I just don't think we have, physicality wise, the players to play Stoke at their own game.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby blootoof » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:01 pm

I would fuckin love it if we played a load of midgets against Stoke. Fuck the result, watchin a team full of umpa lumpa's in City kits lungin into Stoke would be worth the entrance fee alone.

We'd have to resort to an 8 11 formation during Stokes throw-ins though so they can all stand on each others shoulders, but its a risk worth takin.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 pm

I have to say, this is fucking hilarious whether true or not, just the fact that he's said it. Imagine if....no I won't go there! Bob's happy though! Hahahahah!

Go for it Mancio, you're growing on me each day!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 pm

MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Sounds like he has said it as a wind up to put them off their game.There is no way we will resort to the same game as Stoke so it's chill time and watch us go there and win.

They won't have trained today I don't think ( not those who played most of Sunday anyway) but I will see what they get up to tomorrow. I think I should ask Kidd if he would like me to follow mancini's words and say we have been practicing the high balls all the time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:03 am

Can't see us trying to play like Stoke. I hope he meant something else like play with their mentality and determination.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:08 am

Who really gives a shit about interviews?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:08 am

Just when I started to think he might actually know what he is doing...in one day he ruins it all

Firstly his handling of the Tevez absence which has been, and continues to be, a fucking disgrace....and just the most incredibly stupid piece of man management I have seen in the last few years. Hughes got crucified for his "mis-management" of the sporadically productive and very disruptive Elano....and I don't see the same people murdering the scarfed spastic for this balls-up (nor whatever happened with Bellamy).

Then this....brilliant Roberto. Why don't we try a new game plan against the team in the league that is best at (and best suited to) that particular gameplan. You fucking clueless twat. Fuck off out of my club
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 am

ant london wrote:Just when I started to think he might actually know what he is doing...in one day he ruins it all

Firstly his handling of the Tevez absence which has been, and continues to be, a fucking disgrace....and just the most incredibly stupid piece of man management I have seen in the last few years. Hughes got crucified for his "mis-management" of the sporadically productive and very disruptive Elano....and I don't see the same people murdering the scarfed spastic for this balls-up (nor whatever happened with Bellamy).

Then this....brilliant Roberto. Why don't we try a new game plan against the team in the league that is best at (and best suited to) that particular gameplan. You fucking clueless twat. Fuck off out of my club

Just thought I'd quote this.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:14 am

Good...take that you weak Foe'ing fools
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:27 am

ant london wrote:Just when I started to think he might actually know what he is doing...in one day he ruins it all

For god's sake ant, get off the fence and tell us what you really feel!!!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:34 am

Ah I don't want him fired if I'm honest but he has me tearing my bloody hair out. If you'd asked me before I had seen them in action who would likely be the more stubborn and poor man manager I'd have said Hughes....every time. I can't believe that he came out with that "I have ordered him back from Argentina" bollocks re Tevez. The guy's new daughter has been in intensive care unable to breathe on her own. If my boss tried to tell me to do that, and I knew just how important I was to him, I would tell him to go fuck himself. Even if I wasn't indispensible (which Tevez certainly is) I would tell him where to go. A child with its life in the balance vs a game against Chelsea. I mean get fucking real you dozy scarf clad motherfucker.

And the football is shit.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 am

As we're now all pretty experienced Mancini-watchers, it is clear that VERY often the guy doesn't mean what he says. In fact I go so far as to say he tells direct porkies in his interviews, even allowing for the language difficulty.

So anyone getting hysterical about a latest quote needs to get a grip.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 am

john@staustell wrote:As we're now all pretty experienced Mancini-watchers, it is clear that VERY often the guy doesn't mean what he says. In fact I go so far as to say he tells direct porkies in his interviews, even allowing for the language difficulty.

So anyone getting hysterical about a latest quote needs to get a grip.

Fuck you cockface

I'll get a grip of your old neck and wring it next time I spot you in the souk ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum