Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 am

Hammers eye Hart loan bid
WEST HAM are planning a summer swoop for Manchester City's England Under-21 keeper Joe Hart.
The Hammers hope to leapfrog Birmingham and take Hart on loan next season as a replacement for Robert Green.
Green, 30, has indicated he is considering his Upton Park future and may want to leave at the end of this campaign.
West Ham co-owner David Sullivan helped secure Hart's current loan spell at his old club Birmingham and is now using his Eastlands contacts to take Hart to East London.
A West Ham insider said: "So much depends on what Green decides to do.
"But West Ham see Hart as an ideal replacement."
Blues boss Alex McLeish is already trying to get Hart on another loan for next season but now faces stiff competition.
West Ham head to Manchester United tonight with co-owner David Gold telling the Hammers players: Die for the cause.
Back-to-back victories have boosted confidence but now comes a tough run, starting at Old Trafford.
Gold said: "If you look at Carlton Cole, he is not match-fit. After our win against Birmingham I thought he was going to die.
"He had given everything and could barely breathe. He had given 100 per cent - and that is what I want to see."

Joe Hart will start in goal for England in their friendly against Egypt at Wembley on 3 March. The 23-year-old has been in excellent form during his season-long loan period at Birmingham from Manchester City.
Daily Mail

Micah Richards World Cup dream in tatters after inclusion in England Under-21 squad
Micah Richards' World Cup dream appears over after he was on Monday included in the England Under-21s squad for the European Championship qualifier against Greece on March 3.
Capello's seniors, including Theo Walcott and Joe Hart, play Egypt the same night in what is effectively the final audition before the manager selects his party for South Africa.
Richards had been in good form for Manchester City, leading to conjecture about a return to the senior fold, but Capello has always harboured reservations about the defensive strengths of a player who loves to break down the right. Capello's preferred right-back, Glen Johnson, is expected to be back from a knee injury for Liverpool next week, according to his manager, Rafael Benítez.

Manchester City grant Carlos Tevez more time off
Tevez has scored 19 goals since joining City from Manchester United
Manchester City will allow striker Carlos Tevez as much time off as he needs after his baby daughter was born prematurely, BBC Sport understands.
Tevez, 26, has missed City's last three games after being granted compassionate leave to fly to Argentina where his daughter, Katie, is in intensive care.
Club officials have spoken to Tevez but do not know when he plans to return.
Roberto Mancini's men face Stoke in the FA Cup on Wednesday and play Premier League leaders Chelsea on Saturday.
City manager Mancini hopes to have Tevez available for those matches but has not spoken to the Argentine, who has scored 19 goals since joining City from local rivals Manchester United last summer, since Wednesday.
He has been keeping the club informed on a daily basis - including the manager. They have exchanged messages once or twice
Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian
The club do not know the player's exact whereabouts because they are treating the matter as private and personal, so do not wish to bombard to him with telephone calls.
"I don't know where Tevez is," said Mancini after Sunday's 0-0 draw with Liverpool dropped them to sixth place in the table. "I think he is in Argentina.
"It's a big problem for us because we have an important week and we don't have Tevez. For me it is no good. Carlos has been eight days at home and I don't know if, while in Argentina, he has been working [on his fitness].
"I hope Carlos, within the next two days, can come back here because we need him. Maybe he is on the plane. He had some problems with his family but now it has been resolved and I hope he comes back. I need him."
Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian said the player was aiming to return in time for City's trip to Stamford Bridge.
He also insisted the former West Ham forward's fitness was good and that Tevez had been in regular contact with the club.
"He hopes to be back for the Chelsea game," stated Joorabchian. "He hopes things will get better, for his daughter's sake and because he wants to get back and play. He loves to play.
"The signs are very positive in terms of his daughter's recovery and we are all hoping this is the case. He was determined to get back for the Liverpool game but unfortunately the situation didn't get much better. However, she has got better over the weekend.
"He has been keeping the club informed on a daily basis - including the manager. They have exchanged messages once or twice.
"He's training daily with the national team of Argentina and spending one-and-a-half to two hours there. He is a professional. He understands that side of it."
As well as missing Tevez, Mancini is also without suspended midfielder Patrick Vieira and injured winger Martin Petrov, while striker Roque Santa Cruz has a knee injury.
City have won only two of their last seven matches in all competitions and Sunday's draw meant both they and Liverpool lost ground in the race for fourth spot, with Tottenham and Aston Villa both winning.
"Against Liverpool it is not easy to win the game, we tried but Liverpool are a good team," added Mancini.
"At the end of the game the draw was the right result as we didn't concede any chances to Liverpool and they did not concede any chances to us."

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... en-cardoso

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Everton manager David Moyes has issued a hands-off warning to rival clubs interested in signing teenage midfielder Jack Rodwell. Daily Mirror

Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole has put the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona on alert over his future because he is unhappy at the way he has been treated at Stamford Bridge over the issue of his personal conduct. Daily Mirror

Tottenham are set to swoop for Zambia's 16-year-old left back Emmanuel Mbola in a £1m deal from Armenian side Yerevan. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Portsmouth are on the brink of becoming the first side in Premier League history to go into administration after a rescue bid by a mystery South African consortium faltered. Owner Balram Chainrai set a deadline of the close of business yesterday for the group to provide proof they had the funds to take on Pompey's £70m debts. Daily Mirror

Former Football League chairman Keith Harris, the man behind a proposed £1billion buy-out of Manchester United has encouraged United fans not to turn up to matches or purchase club merchandise in a bid to force current owners the Glazer family into selling the club. Daily Mail

Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon will discover if his World Cup dream lies in tatters on Tuesday when he undergoes a scan on his injured groin. The 22-year-old has not played since 28 December because of the problem and broke down in training on Saturday.Daily Star

Winger Luis Boa Morte could make a shock return for West Ham before the end of the season. The 32-year-old was expected to miss the whole campaign after sustaining anterior cruciate ligament damage in a pre-season game with Tottenham. The Sun

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is so serious about his side's Carling Cup bid he plans to check his squad into their hotel three nights before Sunday's final against Manchester United. The Sun

Former Burnley boss Steve Cotterill will be named new boss of Notts County on Tuesday.Daily Mirror

Liverpool and England midfielder Steven Gerrard says he cracked up when he missed a penalty against Portugal at the last World Cup - but insists it won't happen again. "You know all the fans back home are watching and when you're tired, when you're under so much pressure, that's when mistakes happen," he said. Daily Mirror

Ipswich manager Roy Keane says that the emotional rollercoaster of football is better than anything offered at a Disney theme park. The Tractor Boys plunged into the Championship relegation zone with defeat at Peterborough last Tuesday but climbed out with Saturday's win at Sheffield Wednesday. The Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 am

[border]Tottenham are set to swoop for Zambia's 16-year-old left back Emmanuel Mbola in a £1m deal from Armenian side Yerevan. (Daily Mirror)[/border]

I wonder if Tottenham will get a work permit for this lad. Zambia are currently ranked 73 and a 16-year-old can't possibly have played 70% of the internationals in the last four years.

My money says they'll get it as David "kerbcrawler" Pleat is on the committee.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:45 am

We got the work permit it was the timing of it that fucked it up. A little bit earlier and we would of signed Mariga.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:[border]Tottenham are set to swoop for Zambia's 16-year-old left back Emmanuel Mbola in a £1m deal from Armenian side Yerevan. (Daily Mirror)[/border]

I wonder if Tottenham will get a work permit for this lad. Zambia are currently ranked 73 and a 16-year-old can't possibly have played 70% of the internationals in the last four years.

My money says they'll get it as David "kerbcrawler" Pleat is on the committee.

Aren't the rules different if the player is so young? Not sure, just something at the back of my mind.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 am

if we don't put a cheeky bid in this summer to unsettle Rodwell and irk Golem i'll be very disappointed in City.

i'd offer him something so fantastical that his head would spin.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 am

DoomMerchant wrote:if we don't put a cheeky bid in this summer to unsettle Rodwell and irk Golem i'll be very disappointed in City.

i'd offer him something so fantastical that his head would spin.

cheers

Previously I'd been disappointed with this over-hyped lad who kept giving the ball away every time I watched him. But that goal was pure class. Still dont believe you can talk of him in the same breath as a young Rooney or Owen. But if it upsets Gollum, hell lets do it!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Fucking hilarious

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... on-chelsea

about 28 mins into this, Fernando Duarte (a Brazilian journalist) is bemoaning the lack of creativity in the Brazilian world cup squad. He refers to the surplus of defensive (or not particularly creative) midfielders. He lists Elano in the roll call of "water carriers"

Fuck me, if it is anything more than one of these.,...they are fucked

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Oh that's a grim WAG this snowy evening in West Yorks. Back to the Abi Clancy pics and vid in OT
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum