Adam Johnson NOT in England U21 Squad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adam Johnson NOT in England U21 Squad

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:52 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Am I the only person who thinks Johnson's contribution since arriving has been massively overstated? I'm not trying to be controversial here before someone inevitably calls me a wanker, I just wonder if anyone else thinks we're getting too excited. I think he's very one-footed, he isn't as fast as I was expecting and I haven't yet seen him deliver a killer final ball. He does have quick feet, a quick mind and a good engine but I'd be amazed if he got anywhere near the World Cup squad (and downright dismayed if he was to be picked and Shauny not picked).

You may be wrong on this one ADVT. Remember the guy has just immediately stepped up a long way and come into some of our most difficult games of the season. He's even impressed 'pundits' which for a City player is some achievement! You will soon see end results, which is why I am more confident of 23/24 points to come than some at 17/18.

I hope I am wrong and that someone digs up this thread in May and forces me to eat my words. That could only mean he's been in blinding form. I'm just not sure he should be an automatic starter just yet, especially if he's not gonna be told to hug the left touchline. In truth I'm a bit baffled by Mancini's selection policy and Boyata being further up the food chain than Nedum is another example. As for the young Ryan Giggs comparisons, hmmmmmmm.

Its been very different to what we already had at the club, and has given us a bit of hope through his effort and flashes of quality which I think is why the hype. Personally think he has been ok, but not actually done much with an end product, but its early days and we can all see his obvious talent which hopefull our management can bring on
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Re: Adam Johnson NOT in England U21 Squad

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:02 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Am I the only person who thinks Johnson's contribution since arriving has been massively overstated? I'm not trying to be controversial here before someone inevitably calls me a wanker, I just wonder if anyone else thinks we're getting too excited. I think he's very one-footed, he isn't as fast as I was expecting and I haven't yet seen him deliver a killer final ball. He does have quick feet, a quick mind and a good engine but I'd be amazed if he got anywhere near the World Cup squad (and downright dismayed if he was to be picked and Shauny not picked).

You may be wrong on this one ADVT. Remember the guy has just immediately stepped up a long way and come into some of our most difficult games of the season. He's even impressed 'pundits' which for a City player is some achievement! You will soon see end results, which is why I am more confident of 23/24 points to come than some at 17/18.

I hope I am wrong and that someone digs up this thread in May and forces me to eat my words. That could only mean he's been in blinding form. I'm just not sure he should be an automatic starter just yet, especially if he's not gonna be told to hug the left touchline. In truth I'm a bit baffled by Mancini's selection policy and Boyata being further up the food chain than Nedum is another example. As for the young Ryan Giggs comparisons, hmmmmmmm.

Its been very different to what we already had at the club, and has given us a bit of hope through his effort and flashes of quality which I think is why the hype. Personally think he has been ok, but not actually done much with an end product, but its early days and we can all see his obvious talent which hopefull our management can bring on

Yep fair enough. And I suppose if he's willing to play anywhere in a sense he's more use to use than Ireland at present. And he's certainly braver and less injury-prone than Petrov. But to me he's a left winger and should only be in the side at the minute if Bellamy is injured our in bad form. I certainly want the lad to do well as he's come with the right attitude. Let's just remember that we've signed a 22 year-old from a Championship side, half way through his first season of regular football, and not some teenage prodigy.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum