Stoke game streamed live on ITV.com

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stoke game streamed live on ITV.com

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 pm

zuricity wrote:Last week, although the first game was on ITV, I remember the pub where I watch games,when not actually at home in England, was showing the game with the Showtime Arabia channel. I can't remember which show sports channel it was, but it wasn't the ITV commentators. So I'm gambling on it being on show sports again anyway and going to the pub. If all else fails i can chat the waitress up again.

Its not on show sports mate unfortunetly i checked because thats what i watch my city games on.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
zuricity wrote:Last week, although the first game was on ITV, I remember the pub where I watch games,when not actually at home in England, was showing the game with the Showtime Arabia channel. I can't remember which show sports channel it was, but it wasn't the ITV commentators. So I'm gambling on it being on show sports again anyway and going to the pub. If all else fails i can chat the waitress up again.

Its not on show sports mate unfortunetly i checked because thats what i watch my city games on.

So can anyone from Ireland tell me there is a way that definitely works so that I can view streams available for UK only? Mark - did this shield thing work for you in the end? Is it worth me downloading?
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 pm

I know , it's not currently on the listings, but don't give up. They change at a whim. They even flip some of the movie channels to sports at a whim. You just have to be patient with them.

Also there is a channel called Abu Dhabi sports. I've seen City turn up on that channel too . ( not surprisingly since it's probably owned by our owner as well !).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby blue wine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:56 pm

c u there ;) and i will help u chat the waitress up!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby paddyblue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 pm

the shield thing will not work from dublin,i tried it several times
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm

blue wine wrote:

c u there ;) and i will help u chat the waitress up!

Cheeky !

You can have the brunette , leave the blonde for me....... :-))
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 pm

gilford wrote:
what does it do to help me watch the game?????

It disguises your IP address so you can view :-)

thanks for this Gilford, will test it out later.. on a Mac ;)

For non-uk based peeps this would also let you view bbc content on the iplayer thingy
( unless the beeb have it sussed - they are the most sophisticated at preventing proxy connections etc )
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:59 pm

top stuff, will watch this on my macbook!
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby citytilidie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:21 pm

can i just ask - if they are filming it, and broadcasting live, which they will have to to stream online... why don't they just put it on TV? what is the benefit to ITV of doing it online? Cheaper?
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:

So can anyone from Ireland tell me there is a way that definitely works so that I can view streams available for UK only? Mark - did this shield thing work for you in the end? Is it worth me downloading?

No dub didn't work mate ive been trying other ways but still no luck. I guess i'm gonna be using the match centre.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Cheers for that matey. Lets hope it works.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Sorry to dissappoint you mate. Showsport only has the rights for the EPL. The FA and League Cups are shown on Al Jazeera Sport who own the rights. But unfortunately (for me), they're not showing our match but will show Spuds V Bolton and Villa V Palace.
Check out this link: http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?region=-4.
Apparently our match is not shown live on any TV channel anywhere in the world so finding a stream looks to be doubtful. The ITV one doesn't work for me.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Colin the King » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm

@Dubbers, there's a much easier way of watching UK only content. Don't download or install anything- just go here

http://www.daveproxy.co.uk

At the bottom of the screen you'll see a bar to enter URL, copy and paste what you want, press go and it'll send you to the website through its server rather than yours.

Easy peasy.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Colin the King wrote:@Dubbers, there's a much easier way of watching UK only content. Don't download or install anything- just go here

At the bottom of the screen you'll see a bar to enter URL, copy and paste what you want, press go and it'll send you to the website through its server rather than yours.

Easy peasy.

thought that might have been the answer, but sadly doesn't seem to work
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:06 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Colin the King wrote:@Dubbers, there's a much easier way of watching UK only content. Don't download or install anything- just go here

Easy peasy.

thought that might have been the answer, but sadly doesn't seem to work

It works for me, although it keeps telling me to reload. But at least I'm not getting the message that viewing is only for U.K. residents.
Thanks CTK.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Easy peasy.

Well im not getting the error message any more but it just say's loading. Is there anymore site's like that, that you know of CtK.
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:

No dub didn't work mate ive been trying other ways but still no luck. I guess i'm gonna be using the match centre.

Dublin/Irish blues supposedly cuckoos nest in tallaght is showing it, there notorious for there dodgy satelites and pretty much get every rag and liverpool game, according to their site they will have our game on. Not sure if i will head myself though will know 2m.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby fangsanalsatan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Easy peasy.

Well im not getting the error message any more but it just say's loading. Is there anymore site's like that, that you know of CtK.

There's loads of similar sites, but you can forget about them as they're too slow to handle a stream like that.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:

Easy peasy.

There's loads of similar sites, but you can forget about them as they're too slow to handle a stream like that.

So i guess i'm back to square one again.
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blootoof » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:41 pm

MYP2P are expecting a stream. There should be streams elsewhere if ITV are streamin it.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum