East Manchester Investment

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: East Manchester Investment

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:45 pm

blootoof wrote:Gordon Browns at Eastlands/ Sports City this minute so I assume Cooks there.

tweet tweet http://twitter.com/mcrMIPIM

As he found Kenny?

No wonder he didn't shoot off to Cannes.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby irblinx » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:52 pm

They managed to make it all sound very exciting without giving any details whatsoever. Also stated that despite the various rumours that Cook was at City to meet the PM and not just dodging the event.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:58 pm

irblinx wrote:They managed to make it all sound very exciting without giving any details whatsoever. Also stated that despite the various rumours that Cook was at City to meet the PM and not just dodging the event.

I think that rumours turned into fact with some people. If we are going to announce something club related, we are going to do it on our terms, not the councils.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:32 pm

From OS:
Prime Minister Gordon Brown today popped in at the City of Manchester Stadium as part of his visit to Manchester.
He went pitch side and young people involved in the City in the Community scheme, which has been running hugely successful inclusion programmes across Manchester and Tameside for over 20 years.

Mr Brown chatted with Eddie Afekafe and Paul McCoy and took a keen interest in CITC’s Kickz project, which has won a string of awards for helping young people from disadvantaged communities get involved in sport, and which the Prime Minister helped establish in 2006.

Eddie (pictured with Prime Minister), who first started with CITC as a volunteer and now leads and motivates other young people, winning the Kickz 'Inspiring Young People Award' in 2009, and he said: “It was an amazing experience, he's far more charismatic than I realised and was very friendly. It was something I never, ever thought would happen.”

Paul is a Level 2 qualified coach who works on a variety of CITC initiatives including disability football sessions, and he added: “He's a great person to meet, it's great to meet someone who takes an active interest in what we do and is willing to give a bit of his spare time to us.”

CITC’s Managing Director Sarah Lynch also met Mr Brown, and she said: “For the young people that met the Prime Minister today, the community work through either the council or CITC, has literally changed their lives. We wanted to share with him that we feel, along with Manchester City Council, that we can make a difference in east Manchester. The young people here show that we are changing lives in the communities in this area.”

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blootoof » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 pm

A couple of vids from today, though they don't really reveal much.
[youtube]VH6kbkJ6RDE[/youtube]
[youtube]l4K3vc6CXu4[/youtube]
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum