Jamie Tandy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jamie Tandy

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

i see in the papers that he has been battering his girlfreind for 2 years (pathetic coward) and is blaming it, amongst other things on the joey barton incident. absolute load of bollocks imo.

does anyone know what actually happened with the cigar thing?
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Jamie Tandy

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Sir Joey walked up to him after a disagreement and put out a cigar in his eye.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:03 pm

What an absolute tosser. Blaming everything on a minor incident with Joey Barton to distract from his own shortcomings.
Despicable.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:08 pm

I seem to remember that he had done something to provoke Barton (had he set his shirt on fire or something?) at the time of the incident, and had already built a firm reputation for himself at the club as an uppity little shit. Barton is a bad dick, but nobody is more to blame for this lad's career going down the shitter other than he himself.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:13 pm

True that. He played for Droylsden for a while. I went to watch them a few times and to be fair he looked quite good. Suppose he found his level
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Just goes to show application and desire are just as important as raw talent.

We probably all know lads from when we were at school who should have made it, but didn't due to various reasons. (notably going out on the lash!) You have to dedicate yourself to the game if you want anything out of it.

I think that will have put an end to his career now. He could have built himself up at Droylsden and like others climbed up a few notches in the football league pyramid.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:49 pm

He plays for Witton Albion now. Hes on a downhill slope in terms of his footballing career! Sunday league next
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Postby HeyMark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:54 pm

superkev8705 wrote:He plays for Witton Albion now. Hes on a downhill slope in terms of his footballing career! [strike]Sunday league[/strike] SPL next

Corrected for you ;)
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Was Tandy quoted as saying
'thanks Joey?'
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:48 pm

HeyMark wrote:
superkev8705 wrote:He plays for Witton Albion now. Hes on a downhill slope in terms of his footballing career! [strike]Sunday league[/strike] SPL next

Corrected for you ;)

PMSL!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 am

Tandy tried setting Barton's shirt on fire, apparently he'd been trying to set other players shirts on fire because he thought it was funny, but obviously he chose the wrong player to do it to and Joseph pushed a cigar on his face NEAR his eye. It wasn't his eye like people say, if it was his eye he wouldn't be able to see now.

That little cunt Tandy has surely got some deal with The Mirror! He's had little stories in there for years now about how he's 'turned his life around and because of Joey Barton he's a window cleaner now'.

He's basically just another one of those little shits you see standing on the street corners with a bottle of white lightning.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 am

MaseCTID wrote:Tandy tried setting Barton's shirt on fire, apparently he'd been trying to set other players shirts on fire because he thought it was funny, but obviously he chose the wrong player to do it to and Joseph pushed a cigar on his face NEAR his eye. It wasn't his eye like people say, if it was his eye he wouldn't be able to see now.

That little cunt Tandy has surely got some deal with The Mirror! He's had little stories in there for years now about how he's 'turned his life around and because of Joey Barton he's a window cleaner now'.

He's basically just another one of those little shits you see standing on the street corners with a bottle of white lightning.

Yeah, you are right about the press thing, seems to pop up every 6 months or so blaming Joey Barton for ruining one aspect of his life or another. Wearing a bit thin now.

Regardless what Joey did, I dont see how that contributed to him becoming a woman beating shit footballer. He needs to fucking man up and start taking responsibility
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby andy_aston » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 pm

superkev8705 wrote:He plays for Witton Albion now. Hes on a downhill slope in terms of his footballing career! Sunday league next

hes supposed to have been playing in the wythenshawe sunday league
andy_aston
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: swp and johnson

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Not the first time. August 2008:- EDIT - just noticed the incredible irony in the last line!

While Barton went back to a £60,000 pay packet at Newcastle after his release from prison this week, the man whose career was destroyed was washing wndows and hoping to rediscover his love of football at lowly Bradford Park Avenue.

Jamie Tandy was an 18 year-old youth player at Man City when Barton stubbed a cigar out in his eye at a club Christmas party in 2004.
Although he made a full recovery, Tandy was bombed out of the club just six months later and so began a devastating spiral of bad luck and destruction.
After a loan spell in Denmark and a failed trial at Barnsley, Tandy turned to drink and he admits started acting like d**k-head. He eventualy ended up at Conference North outfit Droylsden but by then his passion for the game had gone.
Now 23 and married with two young children, he is hoping to kick-start his career at Avenue while working full time as an industrial window cleaner - but admits the saga had a huge effect.
"After what happened I became a bit of a d**k-head" he says. "I started drinking a bit too much.
"Even when I moved to Droylsden I was only there to pick up extra money. I completely fell out of love with the gam because it's full of back stabbing w**kers."
Tandy remembers the incident with Barton in graphic detail. "The main thing I remember is the pain" he says, "It was horrendous. I ran to the toilet and when I looked in the mirror my eyeball was full of burning red ash. You couldn't see the pupil or anything. I had to dig it out with my hands. After that I ran out and tried to jump on him. I got on top of him but the bodyguards piled in. They chucked me out but Joey just carried on partying like nothing had happened.
"He rang me up a few days later to apologise but then he tried to say it was an accident. I just put the phone down."
Under pressure from Man City Tandy never reported the incident to police but is now suing Barton for damages. And the midfielder will certainly be hoping for more luck than he's had since leaving City.
"In November I was working as a scaffolder and someone dropped a bar on my head and knocked me out." he says. "Then I broke my feet. On the Monday I broke my right one running on the road, then Dave Pace wanted me at Droylsden on the Tuesday and I broke my left one falling off the coach.
"Finally I had a bad car crash in January and needed an emergency bowel dissection. I nearly died and was in hospital for 14 weeks. Everywher I go, s**t happens. I don't know why I bother doing the lottery.
But it sorted my head out. When I came out of hospital. I thought to myself'I'm going to really try this year and see what I can do'."

Now Tandy is is hoping to start enjoying football again - but can't bring himself to forgive Barton.
He added "He keeps saying he's a changed man, then he goes and does something else. I've got no time for him.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum