Does Alan Green have a problem with our club?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Does Alan Green have a problem with our club?

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Always carping, sarcastic comments and putting us down. I did hear he had some run ins with our fans some time ago, whats the story out there ? I thought he was supposed to remain impartial....oh apart from Arsenal and the rags...sorry i,m now doing what he fucking does !!!
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Does Alan Green have a problem with our club?

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 pm

The man is a cunt. To avoid similar replies, close the thread! ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Barely any of the Pundits are impartial. Lawro / Hansen are biased towards Liverpool, Stan Collymore is always going on about Villa etc.

Alan Green is more than likely known to his Mate as Alan Red. They don't like the fact that we're beginning to take shape and they'll say anything they can to get a dig in. Get used it, Lads.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Yes, because he been watching the rags win the PL for what seems like a lifetime, waiting for his beloved scousers to take over & is realising that's never going to happen & that we'll win it before they do.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Errrr, yeah Laaaaa!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wooders » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:25 pm

just add him to the ever increasing list
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:42 pm

eastlands-lostboy wrote:Always carping, sarcastic comments and putting us down. I did hear he had some run ins with our fans some time ago, whats the story out there ? I thought he was supposed to remain impartial....oh apart from Arsenal and the rags...sorry i,m now doing what he fucking does !!!

there was a spell when his radio show (606 equivalent) got taken the piss out of. All callers discussing City tried to get the word "massive" in and it pissed him off? I think most of them were scum though.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 pm

In fairness to the man, if I looked like a fat, greasy, pig faced cunt, I'd have a pretty big chip on my shoulder as well.

No-one can stand him, even his colleagues in the media think he's a knob.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 pm

He's like a lot of the media types, afraid of any challenge to the current status quo and the darling Sky 4. City of course buying success, whereas Chelsea and Man U are full of homegrown players that rolled out of their acadamies aren't they?

The fact that Green is a Liverpool fan gives you an insight into his agenda.

The slaughtering the City vs Liverpool game got was over the top these past few days, as I've seen many a game between the Sky 4 on a similar quality - the first FA Cup final at the new Wembley for starters. However City are threatening to crash into the top 4 by doing the same things the status quo do, only on a larger scale, and the media don't like it.

Good thing is, if we dont make the top 4 next season we will probably kick the effin hinges off it next year as the investment in the playing staff isn't going to stop anytime soon.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lev Bronstein » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:50 am

Ah, Alan Green, moans and groans about his commentary position, the coffee, the pies, the weather, generally, he sounds like he hates his job. Laughs sycophantically at Laurenson's pathetic attempts at humour. As for the 606 phone in, where we are supposed to listen to the views of the fans. Any fan who Green dislikes gets short shrift plus a sarcastic comment after the caller is cut off and can't respond.. Any caller to another phone in who criticises the Grumpy Green Giant, is put down "because Alan isn't here to defend himself". Double standards or what!!!

Now without sounding too poncy, I'm reminded of the Punic Wars (where we get the word punishment). between the Roman Republic and Carthage in the years BC. Cato the Elder who after a voyage to Carthage, ended all his speeches, no matter what the topic, by saying: "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam." - "Furthermore, I think that Carthage must be destroyed".

So, in the same spirit I think I'll end every post I make with the words:-

Alan Green is a knob
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:50 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:Ah, Alan Green, moans and groans about his commentary position, the coffee, the pies, the weather, generally, he sounds like he hates his job. Laughs sycophantically at Laurenson's pathetic attempts at humour. As for the 606 phone in, where we are supposed to listen to the views of the fans. Any fan who Green dislikes gets short shrift plus a sarcastic comment after the caller is cut off and can't respond.. Any caller to another phone in who criticises the Grumpy Green Giant, is put down "because Alan isn't here to defend himself". Double standards or what!!!

Now without sounding too poncy, I'm reminded of the Punic Wars (where we get the word punishment). between the Roman Republic and Carthage in the years BC. Cato the Elder who after a voyage to Carthage, ended all his speeches, no matter what the topic, by saying: "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam." - "Furthermore, I think that Carthage must be destroyed".

So, in the same spirit I think I'll end every post I make with the words:-

Alan Green is a knob

Ah but Carthage WAS destroyed at some future point, whereas Alan Green is a knob NOW and always was.

So maybe you should put something like:

"Alan Green will be tied up with a gag in his mouth, and forced to watch City lift the league trophy and then the european cup. The gag will only be removed to force-feed him pies and coffee from Preston NE", (allegedly the worst in the league according to a soccerette on Soccer AM who had studied these things).
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Crossie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:36 am

Isnt he a scouse fan?

What better way to really hurt him than beat scouse 1 to 4th place, buy Torres and Benayoun (let gerrard rot) and watch them self implode.

Still supporting them when there fighting for survival Alan?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 am

Green's had a problem with City since Joe Royle had a ding dong with him. Royle said that 95% of people in football disliked him, he's been on our case ever since.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:23 pm

aint green a liverpool fan, thats why he gives us grief, he knows we are going to take there 4th place
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Bluez » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Alan Green just has a problme. I don't think he is specifically Anti-City, I just think he is an opinionated cunt that jumps on any passing bandwagon. He is one of the most annoying men on the planet, its probably why he hosts 606 phone in, you just have to call to call him a twat
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby patrickblue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:31 am

Bluez wrote:Alan Green just has a problme. I don't think he is specifically Anti-City, I just think he is an opinionated cunt that jumps on any passing bandwagon. He is one of the most annoying men on the planet, its probably why he hosts 606 phone in, you just have to call to call him a twat

You've hit the nail on the head there. Go on any other club forum and type "alan green" in search, you'll get exactly the same sort of discussions as here.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Return to The Maine Football forum