Press stories - its all very familiar

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Press stories - its all very familiar

Postby Wooders » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:52 pm

I am not saying all is rosy at COMS but did we not have the
"training regime alienating players"
"<insert name of fan favourite> spat with <insert name of manager>"
"dressing room unrest under training regime of <insert name of current manager>"
"Hamman caught pissed up behind the wheel" (well maybe not that one, he legged it last time didn't he?)

We went through all this with hughes, word for word in some instances of "reports" from "sources close to the club/players/manager/etc"

Maybe we should take a step back from the press (I know I've been a recent offender) and give Mancini a bit more time to get things in place "his way" ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Press stories - its all very familiar

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Wooders wrote:I am not saying all is rosy at COMS but did we not have the
"dressing room unrest under training regime of <insert name of current manager>"
"Hamman caught pissed up behind the wheel" (well maybe not that one, he legged it last time didn't he?)

We went through all this with hughes, word for word in some instances of "reports" from "sources close to the club/players/manager/etc"

Maybe we should take a step back from the press (I know I've been a recent offender) and give Mancini a bit more time to get things in place "his way" ?

It's all true I say Ashley, it's all true!

You're right mate, they will not stop until they get their wish and turned us again. It's all part of it and it's just a matter of time until people twig on.

They even slated Hughes until he was sacked (anyone remember them crying about the demise of the British, not English, manager) and once he'd gone with his 200 mil spending spree behind him, they turned their attention to Cook and Mancio. Anything to keep a good club down!
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:59 pm

It's really surprised me recently how so many people on here have taken everything the press says as gospel considering we know for a fact they make so many of their stories up.

When the Mancini/Bellamy row broke out and the papers reported Mancini had told Bellamy to leave and not return for 3 months, loads of people were in uproar, going on about how Mancini should 'fuck off'.

The media have been on our backs since the day the Sheikh took over and it's only going to get worse as we get better and better. We, as fans and club, need to stick together more than ever before.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm

aaron bond wrote:It's really surprised me recently how so many people on here have taken everything the press says as gospel considering we know for a fact they make so many of their stories up.

When the Mancini/Bellamy row broke out and the papers reported Mancini had told Bellamy to leave and not return for 3 months, loads of people were in uproar, going on about how Mancini should 'fuck off'.

The media have been on our backs since the day the Sheikh took over and it's only going to get worse as we get better and better. We, as fans and club, need to stick together more than ever before.

It depends if it suits your agenda mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CitizenYank » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/sports/soccer/24iht-SOCCER.html

Even the US Newspapers take the pro-scum approach with whatever the sport editors read in the Transatlantic
Morgue File. As if it wasn't bad enough that every time I wear my kit, I get the common query:

'I thought that Man _______ was the only club there.'

Ahhhh!!!!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:34 pm

now we can be sure it's all bullshit.
They've spent the day saying: "Sky Sports understands..."
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Socrates » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Look at the evidence.

First, all these stories running are playing on the supposed booing at the end of the last match - yet we know that was for the ref not the team.

Second, we have stories constantly saying opposite things, particularly about Tevez and Bellamy.

Third. We have the Barry interview.

Finally - We have eye witness reports from Mr Higginbum.

Some of this is made up, some has a grain of truth but is completely blown out of proportion. Some has been lost in translation...

The press are trying to paint a picture but it is a false picture and they are smelling blood where there simply isn't any! It will blow over if we stuff the Stripey Gridiron side tomorrow night.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Strange isn't it that they've been running the story of unrest with the players and 'Where's Tevez' with the Mancio interview today, which obviously contradicts what they are trying to put across!

I'm sure there are gullible City fans, but every other teams fan will be lapping it up.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 am

It's b*ll*x ... but it's our b*ll*x
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:02 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:It's really surprised me recently how so many people on here have taken everything the press says as gospel considering we know for a fact they make so many of their stories up.

It depends if it suits your agenda mate.

Quite right beefy. Reversed polarised positions!

But I dont think we get any more stick than Chelsea tbh, and they've won stuff, or the Wenger boyz. The press and pundit world is riddled with Scum and Dipper fans and ex-players.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 am

The main inescapable truth that's come out of all the recent stories is that Hamann clearly likes a drink and then stupidly gets behind the wheel of a car, and yet again he looks like he is going to get off on a technicality as the Police apparently did not collect both his urine samples according to protocol - if he does get off again he really will have used up all his luck.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 am

I agree.

I mean people are free to have a pop about tactics, results, quality of football or whatever but to jump on everything sun or mirror says is ridiculous.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 am

Bobby Gould just mentioned the 'terrible problems' Mancini is having with the squad, so exactly the same as with Hughes, lies have become facts as far as the media are concerned.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 am

don't forget:

"star player plagued by personal tragedy told to get a fucking grip and jump on the next plane home or else"

either they're making it up or mancini is a Rag plant hell bent on destroying us (oh, that's the same too)
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Return to The Maine Football forum