Match Thread: Stoke v Man City (FA Cup replay)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Match Thread: Stoke v Man City (FA Cup replay)

Postby TomS » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

pears12 wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
btajim wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Going to? I thought we already had. Still, 6th will get us into a cup no one cares about

I care about the Europa League. Some of the Matches last season were really special to me. Anyone who went to the Home leg vs Hamburg will have felt the atmosphere.

Without Googling it, who won it last year? We got so close and I couldn't even be bothered to watch the final. Apart from Liverpool, I couldn't even tell you which English sides are still in it and that's how little it matters to most

Shaktar Donetsk won the Europa league last year they beat Bremen in final..

THX for rubbing in my wound, I needed this on a night like this.... ;-)
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby HeyMark » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Vhero wrote:1 man down 5 mins left santa cruz missing a sitter? We out this cup..

Not what would be described as a siiter, a chance yes, a sitter no!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:FRANKLY. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

ADE GETTING SENT OFF DIDN'T HELP BUT 3 GAMES AGAINST STOKE AND NOT LOOKED LIKE WINNING ANY OF THEM.

WE WILL DO WELL TO GET ANY EUROPEAN SPOT, NEVER MIND CL.

I DO NOT WANT THIS MAN AT OUR CLUB. LIKE IT OR NOT, SACKING HUGHES IS PROBABLY THE ONLY REAL MISTAKE OUR OWNERS HAVE MADE. AND THE DEPRESSING THING IS THAT IT WAS DOWN TO TWATS, LIKE A FEW PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, WHO EVIDENTLY KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL.

YOURS,

PISSED OFF,
MANCHESTER

Sorry but no matter how bad Mancini's doing, it was not a mistake to get rid of a useless Rag like Hughes.

That is exactly the point. You, and other people like you, based your decision on this and nothing to do with the facts!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

HeyMark wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:All that has been proven is Mancini's own mantra: the most important thing for a manager is luck.
1) top scorer on family leave
2) Ade sent off with a bad decision that changed the game

Being overly defensive and tactically inept has nothing to do with lack of luck

When we went down to ten men he has played with two strikers, rather than going 441. we have been playing 432

The sending off did change the game and was a harsh sending off.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

200mil on players and still cant get to a final, even if we would have beaten stoke we would get hammered by chelski, we have some overpaid players not doing a shift our owners must well and truly think this club is a poison chalice!!
and anyone who thinks we played better than stoke who cost probably the price of lescott need to have a word with themselves!!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Redna » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Supporting City is always gonna be a pain with some enlightments down the golgata.
Bobby is to negative, Hughes was inept. What the other 432 managers we've had since WWII were I've forgotten.
We are not better. Paying 10 times the real value for players sadly doesn't make them 10 times better, rather 2 times worse then their original status. A real good f*cking night to everone and I pity all the faithfulls who made it to Stoke and be stood in the rain watching dire shit. We will win something, properbly a game late May 2011.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

The players loved HUGHES thats the diffrence! you dicks on here that couldnt get over he played for the rags now are seeing the players thinking mancini is a clueless cunt! The players never thought hughes was a clueless cunt but you lot did!
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bristol Blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Roque is a bit crap lol
Bristol Blue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby halnone » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 pm

maybe this is all part of a mancini master plan for the chelsea game.
or maybe not.
fuck mancini. fuck stoke. fuck hughes. fuck the players not giving a shit. fuck the fucking expectations. fuck this mickey mouse cup. fuck chelse cuz theyre gonna put 20 passed us. fuck united for doing better than city. fuck the fucking god damn mother fucking bastard in black.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Craig Bardsley wrote:

ADE GETTING SENT OFF DIDN'T HELP BUT 3 GAMES AGAINST STOKE AND NOT LOOKED LIKE WINNING ANY OF THEM.

I DO NOT WANT THIS MAN AT OUR CLUB. LIKE IT OR NOT, SACKING HUGHES IS PROBABLY THE ONLY REAL MISTAKE OUR OWNERS HAVE MADE. AND THE DEPRESSING THING IS THAT IT WAS DOWN TO TWATS, LIKE A FEW PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, WHO EVIDENTLY KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL.

YOURS,

PISSED OFF,
MANCHESTER

Sorry but no matter how bad Mancini's doing, it was not a mistake to get rid of a useless Rag like Hughes.

you have witnessed us go downhill faster than Franz Klammer and you think the decision to sack hughes was correct! Hmmmm, I think differently.

we are higher in league table and got further in Fa cup than under that rag. Don't start rewriting the history.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Have fun.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Mike J wrote:why were the suggestions that mancini is the italian pearce dismissed??

It actually feels like i'm watching that pearce team again....

urgh i feel sick.

this is shit.
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:The players loved HUGHES thats the diffrence! you dicks on here that couldnt get over he played for the rags now are seeing the players thinking mancini is a clueless cunt! The players never thought hughes was a clueless cunt but you lot did!

This
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Mike J wrote:why were the suggestions that mancini is the italian pearce dismissed??

Because Mancini has WON (emphasis on won) 3 league titles in Italy. And he has won the cup competition with different clubs. Therefore a proven success, unlike Pearce
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:The players loved HUGHES thats the diffrence! you dicks on here that couldnt get over he played for the rags now are seeing the players thinking mancini is a clueless cunt! The players never thought hughes was a clueless cunt but you lot did!

I sort of agree with you there mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Not the first time I've felt ashamed to be a City fan, but it's definitely the first time in a long while!

I was never ashamed when we were broke. In the same way that I wouldn't be ashamed if I was a Pompey fan now.

I am starting to be embarrassed about a club which mouths off about winning the Carling Cup when we're not even in the final and does slick videos, but which is bobbins and gutless on the pitch. How about we win something before any mouthpiece at the club says another word. And that includes the players.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Craig Bardsley wrote:

YOURS,

PISSED OFF,
MANCHESTER

you have witnessed us go downhill faster than Franz Klammer and you think the decision to sack hughes was correct! Hmmmm, I think differently.

we are higher in league table and got further in Fa cup than under that rag. Don't start rewriting the history.

Oh dear, Good luck mate cause you are going to need it after this pile of fucking SHITE! Not surprised you are disappearing.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby halnone » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm

at least we didnt lose to leeds... :-D
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Craig Bardsley wrote:

YOURS,

PISSED OFF,
MANCHESTER

i never liked hughes, but do you think we would be where we are in the league had mancini been here from the off using the tactics he does and sending out the defensive teams he does?
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby xavi6 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Craig Bardsley wrote:

YOURS,

PISSED OFF,
MANCHESTER

And the award for disingenuous comment of the year goes to.......

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Because Mancini has WON (emphasis on won) 3 league titles in Italy. And he has won the cup competition with different clubs. Therefore a proven success, unlike Pearce

italy aint the prem!!!!
were playing shite football simple as
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum