Laughing Stock

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Laughing Stock

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:24 am

Am I the only one who was a bit pissed off that we didn't go for 6?
There was a few times when we were 4 on 2 after we scored the 4th and we just fannied around with it instead of banging it in.

;D
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Chinners » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:Am I the only one who was a bit pissed off that we didn't go for 6?
There was a few times when we were 4 on 2 after we scored the 4th and we just fannied around with it instead of banging it in.

;D

no, no you ain't the only one fella
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:29 am

This should be called the utter bollocks threads, because its the 2 words used too often. Why dont we just enjoy the win and stop picking negatives from a good result
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 am

mcfc1632 wrote:BobK - I was not suggesting that you were taking anything wrong way deliberately - apols if you thought that - you have been clear and consistent re your views on Mancini

The thing I was trying to say really was that a comment on this thread identifying some things to learn as well as celebrate from Saturday - does not equate to an anti-Mancini comment.

For the record (as I have said many times before) I want Mancini to succeed big time - we all should - just I want the level of performance / effort repeated over the next 11 games to the extent possible - we have shown we can do it against top teams - now can we please apply ourselves against all PL teams - it is what the top teams do

Fair enough. Monday morning tetchiness on my part :)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:Am I the only one who was a bit pissed off that we didn't go for 6?
;D

Actually I was pissed off that they got that pen at the end - then I'm thinking to myself 'hang on a minute - you're peed off at 4-2!?'

And honestly it niggles me a bit. Talk about spoilt brat syndrome
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 am

;D

AMEN!

Seriously though, am I the only one who was nervous as fuck when we were 4-1 up against 9 men and they were pressing and pressing?!! Bizarre.

Back on topic - there's one or two in this thread - namely NQDP and the virus, who are "amazed" that the rest of us didn't think the first half was a brilliant performance. In fact, you're trying to make out that we didn't enjoy the RESULT, when NOBODY has said that! What are you trying to achieve by putting words in people's mouths?

There was two Cities on Saturday - a first half City and a second half City.... some of us were worried at how we had played for a good while now and the first half was exactly like the games before it. However, something changed in the second half so its there for discussion and here's the topic I believe:

Which half was the real City and what do you base your opinion on?

No need to be "amazed" by the discussion, just give your points. We all want nice football and positive results. We were getting neither lately and we had every right to despair, just like we did during the draws last year. But getting knocked out of both cups and playing dour football will do that to fans.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEssssss Norrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmalllllll, no?
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:04 am

I think this 'First Half we played shit' bollox is exactly that...complete bollox

We contained them brilliantly IMO and stifled out any momentum they were trying to build up...we didn't let them bully the play and stopped them from creating chances

Yes it wasn't pretty football...but to say we were crap playing against a team that has not lost at home in a year and a half I think is a little harsh
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think this 'First Half we played shit' bollox is exactly that...complete bollox

We contained them brilliantly IMO and stifled out any momentum they were trying to build up
...we didn't let them bully the play and stopped them from creating chances

Yes it wasn't pretty football...but to say we were crap playing against a team that has not lost at home in a year and a half I think is a little harsh

We contained them BRILLIANTLY?

So when Lampard scored you felt we were going to get something out of the game?

Don't fucking lie mate. We're all delighted with the result- nobody has said they aren't - but we did nothing in that first half to suggest we were going to get anything out of the game until Tevez made a goal out of fuck all.

We looked toothless, Hansen was bang on the money - looked like we could go several goals down in the first and several goals up in the second. Call a spade a spade man.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 am

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think this 'First Half we played shit' bollox is exactly that...complete bollox

We contained them brilliantly IMO and stifled out any momentum they were trying to build up

Don't fucking lie mate. We're all delighted with the result- nobody has said they aren't - but we did nothing in that first half to suggest we were going to get anything out of the game until Tevez made a goal out of fuck all.

We looked toothless, Hansen was bang on the money - looked like we could go several goals down in the first and several goals up in the second. Call a spade a spade man.

Dubby you're a very angry young man...how's that for an observation ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 am

Original Dub wrote:

Alarm bells should be ringing when you find yourself agreeing with Alan "Liverpool is certainty for title" Hansen.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Alarm bells should be ringing when you find yourself agreeing with Alan "Liverpool is certainty for title" Hansen.

exactly when and where did hansen say that?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am

I think it's interesting that Craig makes three comments about how we struggled in the 1st half and have been playing badly in the last month, so no-one's making it up. On the other hand I agree it would be crazy to call the 1st half crap as we went in on equal terms after "struggling" at "the Bridge".
It doesn't prove anything

[youtube]zWMBs6AOlQI[/youtube]
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

More conspiracy theories.

Hansen has a great reading of the game IMO. I wasn't impressed with MOTD's coverage in general, but Hansen speaks a lot of sense for the most part.

In fact, if you got 100 football fans to watcht the same game do you honestly think that the vast majority wouldn't agree with what he said? We looked negative and toothless in the first half, paid the price and made a goal out of nothing. A goal that we never looked capable of producing.

The second half was fantastic.

What exactly did he get wrong? How come you have been impressed with all of our performances? Its weird.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:24 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:it would be crazy to call the 1st half crap as we went in on equal terms after "struggling" at "the Bridge".

My thoughts exactly...but then that wouldn't be dramatic enough for the queens on here ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:it would be crazy to call the 1st half crap as we went in on equal terms after "struggling" at "the Bridge".

My thoughts exactly...but then that wouldn't be dramatic enough for the queens on here ;-)

that's fresh coming from a pussy who started a thread saying you were taking a break from the forum and then proceeded to post in that thread for the rest of the day ;-)
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 am

Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

that's fresh coming from a pussy who started a thread saying you were taking a break from the forum and then proceeded to post in that thread for the rest of the day ;-)

Personal insults don't detract from the above...no matter how much you enjoy a little irish gyppo fisticuffs ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Personal insults don't detract from the above...no matter how much you enjoy a little irish gyppo fisticuffs ;-)

Again, that's fresh coming from someone who was on talking about "standing our ground on chester street".

Hard man ;-)
Original Dub

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 am

Original Dub wrote:
Again, that's fresh coming from someone who was on talking about "standing our ground on chester street".

Hard man ;-)

I think you shall find it is Chester Road

fucking plastic cunt ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Chinners » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:46 am

For what it's worth, whilst not setting the world alight (away to Chelsea as you'd expect) I thought we did well enough in containing them in the first half. Up until their first goal they only had a couple of decent half chances. All irrelvant anyway, we won and thats good enough for me at this stage in the season
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:46 am

ant london wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Hard man ;-)

I think you shall find it is Chester Road

fucking plastic cunt ;-)

Thanks mate.

At least I know where to avoid next time I go over ;)
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum