Jose Mourinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jose Mourinho

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 pm

Jose would be a great appointment but what happens if he has a few bad results or the football isn't attacking enough for some fans, is he going to get sacked aswell and so the vicious circle continues...

A plan has to be stuck with for a reasonable amount of time and yet time after time neither whichever owner of the club or a vocal section of the fans against the manager ever learn.

Shinawatra stated top 10, Sven finished 9th - result is we sack him.

New owners takeover state top 10 then top 6. Hughes finishes top 10, we are 6th at Christmas under him and in a Lge Cup Semi-Final yet we sack him.

It's just fuckin ridiculous and by simply getting Jose Mourinho aint going to solve this until somebody at the top of this club has the balls to stick with a plan instead of ripping it up at the first sign of trouble.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Bluez wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:no no no no no! If you think you hate the football now it'll be worse under the egomaniac that is the 'special one'

How can it be worse than 6 defenders and a holding midfielder? Mourinho has a reputation for efficient football, 2-0 kind of stuff. We started with 7 defensive players and still conceded 3. We are starting to lose games, as time goes on we get worse. When we start with so many defenders, who is supposed to do the scoring?

What are the other options? We are extremely light up front,Bellamy's knees are knackered, RSC is a waste of money crock, Ade is obviously still suffering from huge mental problems (see recent FootballFocus interview), Tevez is worrying about his family and not currently available.

Robbie's fecked off to Brazil, SWP looks like a Chelsea-reject, Petrov doesn't put in a 90 minute shift and AJ is the only bright light but he needs coaching as he is nowhere near the finished article.

Jose will deliver us drab, dire football and Man U & Chelsea are proving you can have quality football and win major silverwear.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:Jose would be a great appointment but what happens if he has a few bad results or the football isn't attacking enough for some fans, is he going to get sacked aswell and so the vicious circle continues...

A plan has to be stuck with for a reasonable amount of time and yet time after time neither whichever owner of the club or a vocal section of the fans against the manager ever learn.

Shinawatra stated top 10, Sven finished 9th - result is we sack him.

New owners takeover state top 10 then top 6. Hughes finishes top 10, we are 6th at Christmas under him and in a Lge Cup Semi-Final yet we sack him.

It's just fuckin ridiculous and by simply getting Jose Mourinho aint going to solve this until somebody at the top of this club has the balls to stick with a plan instead of ripping it up at the first sign of trouble.

Agree 100% top plan

We're turning into a mini Real Madrid FFS
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Where do people get this thing about Jose's sides being boring?! His Chelsea side was anything but. It was, effectively, his side that trounced us 6-0 just a few seasons ago.

This discussion is pointless as he would never come, he's at a much much bigger club.

Talk about deluded.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Bluez » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Bluez wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:no no no no no! If you think you hate the football now it'll be worse under the egomaniac that is the 'special one'

How can it be worse than 6 defenders and a holding midfielder? Mourinho has a reputation for efficient football, 2-0 kind of stuff. We started with 7 defensive players and still conceded 3. We are starting to lose games, as time goes on we get worse. When we start with so many defenders, who is supposed to do the scoring?

What are the other options? We are extremely light up front,Bellamy's knees are knackered, RSC is a waste of money crock, Ade is obviously still suffering from huge mental problems (see recent FootballFocus interview), Tevez is worrying about his family and not currently available.

Robbie's fecked off to Brazil, SWP looks like a Chelsea-reject, Petrov doesn't put in a 90 minute shift and AJ is the only bright light but he needs coaching as he is nowhere near the finished article.

Jose will deliver us drab, dire football and Man U & Chelsea are proving you can have quality football and win major silverwear.

But this is essentially the same squad that was regularly scoring 3 or 4 goals a game, whats changed?. You say Jose will deliver Dire Drab football??? what do we have at the moment?? That would also Be teh Jose that has just beaten Chelsea, something I don't think anyone believes will happen at weekend.
The worst thing is even before a ball is kicked, you see the team sheet with so many defenders and DM and just know we are not going to score. All those defenders and we still lose.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 pm

....is an egotistical cunt......

Anything more?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Bluez wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
Bluez wrote:

But this is essentially the same squad that was regularly scoring 3 or 4 goals a game, whats changed?. You say Jose will deliver Dire Drab football??? what do we have at the moment?? That would also Be teh Jose that has just beaten Chelsea, something I don't think anyone believes will happen at weekend.
The worst thing is even before a ball is kicked, you see the team sheet with so many defenders and DM and just know we are not going to score. All those defenders and we still lose.

We also shipped in the goals as well, 4 against the rags, 3 against Sunderland, Burnley, Bolton. We've tightened up and are looking at how to link our midfield to the forward line, but we are currently a one man team and that man is in Argentina.

Jose beat Chelsea with an Inter Milan team that he inherited from Mancini
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 am

Dunnylad wrote:
Jose beat Chelsea with an Inter Milan team that he inherited from Mancini

Not really. He added Lucio, Sneijder, Milito, Eto'o to that squad, just to name the biggest names. And especially Lucio, Snejider and Milito have changed the side, Lucio giving a lot of stability to the back line, without him last night Inter would have easily lost the game and possibly the tie, Snejider is the one regularly creating the chances for them although he didn't particularly shine last night, and Milito is the killer striker into the box, much more than Ibrahimovic, especially in the big games, but he can also hold the ball up and has the ability to create chances himself so he's not a simple Inzaghi-like striker.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby btajim » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 am

Crazy_Cabbie wrote:At this rate, I dont think God himself could sort us out ( and yes i meant the REAL one, if he exists that is )
I think were always destined to be shit...

Desperation, CC! Would you be content if I told you that our reward is waiting for us in Heaven? He who puts himself last etc.

No? Oh...

Edit - Yes way to Jose.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 am

The simple question is - IF we aren't lucky enough to tempt Jose in the summer then who the hell else is there to sort out the shambles that our beloved City currently is?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 am

craigmcfc wrote:The simple question is - IF we aren't lucky enough to tempt Jose in the summer then who the hell else is there to sort out the shambles that our beloved City currently is?

I just don't know

What I do know is that I haven't felt this depressed re City in a long long long time.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:12 am

ant london wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:The simple question is - IF we aren't lucky enough to tempt Jose in the summer then who the hell else is there to sort out the shambles that our beloved City currently is?

I just don't know

What I do know is that I haven't felt this depressed re City in a long long long time.

It hurts, it really does. Towards the end of last nights game my girlfriend made the mistake of asking me how it was going. My reply went something like -

"We're shit, we'll always be shit. Doesn't matter how much money we've got, how many world class players we sign, we're always going to be a laughing stock"
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:46 am

craigmcfc wrote:"We're shit, we'll always be shit. Doesn't matter how much money we've got, how many world class players we sign, we're always going to be a laughing stock"

I cannot believe that in two months he has crushed all my hope and enthusiasm out of me

It looks bleak at the moment, Ireland's gone to pot, Adebayor's banned again, Given looks suspect, Bellamy being handled badly....looming war with the Argies to send Tevez and Zabba back home. Load of old shit.

I was against the prospect of Jose as, despite thinking that he (as a character) is top value, I didn't want his ruthless and effective football over the swashbuckling attacking we are capable of but, now after seeing the pap Mancio has treated us to I would bite anyone's hand off for the special one
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 am

ant london wrote:

I just don't know

What an absoloute pathetic ridiculous post that is.

I felt depressed last year when we were stuffed 3-0 by Forest at home and in the bottom 5 of the league.

We are having our best season in 30 odd years.

You don't know when you were born sunshine.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:
ant london wrote:

I just don't know

I felt depressed last year when we were stuffed 3-0 by Forest at home and in the bottom 5 of the league.

EVERYTIME I see the team play it is boring, negative and full of fear. And you say its our best season.

ITS FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE. Wake up FFS.
Original Dub

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 am

Original Dub wrote:
ant london wrote:

I just don't know

EVERYTIME I see the team play it is boring, negative and full of fear. And you say its our best season.

Do you want to shake him so he can see things from your point of view?

Its Hughes mk2, although this time there are only one or two lickers.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
ant london wrote:

I just don't know

we're joint fucking 4th with a game in hand ffs and got to the semis of the league cup, when have we had it better in the last 30 years.

and you tell me to wake up? hahahaha fuck me
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:
ant london wrote:

I just don't know

we're joint fucking 4th with a game in hand ffs and got to the semis of the league cup, when have we had it better in the last 30 years.
and you tell me to wake up? hahahaha fuck me

I'm glad you find it so fucking funny that we are being taken backwards at an alarming rate. Reaching the semi final was achieved before this guy came and got us knocked out. We were also in a very very similar position and IMO with a better chance of achieving fourth because we were the hardest team in Europe to beat. We had also put four past Arsenal in the league, 3 past united, outplayed Chelsea, knocked the shit out of Arsenal to reach the semis you're wanking over....

We were playing football and were scared of no one. We are no longer doing that and you can't see any problem.

You are trying to come across as uber confident about what's happening and about our chances of achieving 4th whilst playing the football we are playing.

So you're damn fucking right I'm telling you to wake up.
Original Dub

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:58 am

I'm glad you find it so fucking funny that we are being taken backwards at an alarming rate. Reaching the semi final was achieved before this guy came and got us knocked out. We were also in a very very similar position and IMO with a better chance of achieving fourth because we were the hardest team in Europe to beat. We had also put four past Arsenal in the league, 3 past U***d, outplayed Chelsea, knocked the shit out of Arsenal to reach the semis you're wanking over....

We were playing football and were scared of no one. We are no longer doing that and you can't see any problem.

You are trying to come across as uber confident about what's happening and about our chances of achieving 4th whilst playing the football we are playing.

So you're damn fucking right I'm telling you to wake up.

couldnt of put it better myself. Were having our best season due to hughes imo.

Im with Ant this is as bad as ive felt about city in a long time and there have been dark days....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby crossan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 pm

pears12 wrote:no I don't want mourinho anywhere near our club, he won some epl's with chelsea and it not like it was hard to win Serie A considering the lack of competitiveness of serie a it not really an achievement

I agree with you but I don't believe he would come to us anyway.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum