Jose Mourinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jose Mourinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:50 pm

crossan wrote:
pears12 wrote:no I don't want mourinho anywhere near our club, he won some epl's with chelsea and it not like it was hard to win Serie A considering the lack of competitiveness of serie a it not really an achievement

I agree with you but I don't believe he would come to us anyway.

WOULD YOU LIKE A WAGER?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby crossan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
crossan wrote:
pears12 wrote:no I don't want mourinho anywhere near our club, he won some epl's with chelsea and it not like it was hard to win Serie A considering the lack of competitiveness of serie a it not really an achievement

WOULD YOU LIKE A WAGER?

No Carl,I just don't believe he would come to try and sort out the shite situation not if he wants to continue to be regarded as a footballing genius anyway.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby CityGer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:59 pm

I can't understand the logic of any City fan who would not wish to see him at our club. He is the only candidate for me and the sooner he is at the helm the better. I've said the same for a long time.

He has a track record of delivering success in the exact same set of circumstances he would be faced with. The negativity towards him from some baffles me.

Whatever it takes, whatever it costs, we must get him in.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby BJTOUSERB » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 pm

if we get him how long do we give him
BJTOUSERB
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:11 pm

crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
crossan wrote:

WOULD YOU LIKE A WAGER?

No Carl,I just don't believe he would come to try and sort out the shite situation not if he wants to continue to be regarded as a footballing genius anyway.

It would be the biggest bet of his career, but I believe he thinks himself the greatest manager around, and what would be better to prove it than to transform Manchester City into one of the best sides in Europe? I think it is a gamble that has its allure to him.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:18 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
crossan wrote:

WOULD YOU LIKE A WAGER?

It would be the biggest bet of his career, but I believe he thinks himself the greatest manager around, and what would be better to prove it than to transform Manchester City into one of the best sides in Europe? I think it is a gamble that has its allure to him.

Dont think we are a million miles away from having the quality of squad that Chelsea had when he arrived and promptly won the league. We lack a little of the experience that Chelsea had, particularly in Europe but no reason someone couldnt come in, add a few players to what we already have and do what he did at Chelsea.

All chelsea were lacking was the self belief and tactical nous that Ranieri couldnt give them, its almost a carbon copy of how we are now
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Dont think we are a million miles away from having the quality of squad that Chelsea had when he arrived and promptly won the league. We lack a little of the experience that Chelsea had, particularly in Europe but no reason someone couldnt come in, add a few players to what we already have and do what he did at Chelsea.

All chelsea were lacking was the self belief and tactical nous that Ranieri couldnt give them, its almost a carbon copy of how we are now

True, but there's always the "typical City" stuff, and 34 years without a trophy, etc. On paper you are right but for the media and the fans, to come here and turn us into a winning side would "consacrate" him as the best manager around, especially if he has the guts to stay for more than two seasons.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Fish111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:39 pm

We are an English club, Mourinho has stated he wants to return to England. We have a very very talented squad which Mourinho has proved in the past that he can improve and take to the next level. We have more money than you can shake a stick at which will surely appease any doubts Mourinho may have about our club & squad. We have won fuck-all for over 30 years which means we have everything this egotistical, talented and excellent manager needs to boost his credentials still further. Get him signed up for next season i say.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Bluez » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Mourinho is desperate to leave Italy, there are only 4 english clubs with a chance Arsenal and United have a manager, Liverpool have no money that leaves us. We would be exactly the kind of project he would like, we need a hero and have bags of money.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Trouble with Jose is we went through all this last season. It was claimed that he was odds on to start in the summer. He was fed up with Italy. Wanted to manage in England again. And what did he do? Sign a new contract at Inter for loads more money and we got Hughes and sodding Santa Cruz. Broke my fucking heart that did.

So I ain't going through that again. If he signs up great but I think he may have used us last year and may do so again. Can't blame him though. Best manager in the world and all that.

Oh and we can't use the 'he beat Chelsea 2-1' argument unless he goes through in the second leg. Mancini beat ManU 2-1 but it didn't count because we didn't win overall. I know this to be true becuase you lot on here said so. We also can't use the ManU beat Inter comprehensively last season under Jose argument becuase that would be cheating (or something like that)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Shit shit man! All people hate him in Italy except for less then a half of Inter Milan fans. Why? His dangerous mind games with media, other managers and players. No special one for City or I'll stop immediately to support our squad!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Shit shit man! All people hate him in Italy except for less then a half of Inter Milan fans. Why? His dangerous mind games with media, other managers and players. No special one for City or I'll stop immediately to support our squad!

THE ITALIAN PRESS ARE WIMPS..SAY BOO TO THEM AND THEY CRY ALL DAY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CityGer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Shit shit man! All people hate him in Italy except for less then a half of Inter Milan fans. Why? His dangerous mind games with media, other managers and players. No special one for City or I'll stop immediately to support our squad!

Renato, I love you as a poster, you're a mcf.net fixture, but that is horseshit.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:52 pm

CityGer wrote:

Renato, I love you as a poster, you're a mcf.net fixture, but that is horseshit.

Who cares what the Italian Fans think? Mourinho was a breath of fresh air when he came to the Premiership. Winning succesive Titles with Chelsea was an incredible achievement.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Very simple

Wherever he goes he wins.

People call him lucky!!!!

Hughes was not and will never be on the same level.

Mancini is not the right man to take us to the level our owners want.

I have said this since the day our fantastic owners took over , there is only one man and it is Jose.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby eastlandsblue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:05 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Very simple

Wherever he goes he wins.

People call him lucky!!!!

Hughes was not and will never be on the same level.

Mancini is not the right man to take us to the level our owners want.

I have said this since the day our fantastic owners took over , there is only one man and it is Jose.

Cant agree with you mate, wherever Mancini as been he's won, what makes Mourinho a cert to win things
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Renato, I'm not a Mourinho lover (or licker) as I can't stand his antics. However, there's little to say on the results he achieves, so I'd be glad to have him here. My only worry is that he'd leave soon after reaching the top, leaving us with a huge hole to fill.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:

Renato, I'm not a Mourinho lover (or licker) as I can't stand his antics. However, there's little to say on the results he achieves, so I'd be glad to have him here. My only worry is that he'd leave soon after reaching the top, leaving us with a huge hole to fill.

I think he would ditch us too. a lot of his success depends on getting inside the players heads, like Clough or even Keegan. If he stays to long at one club I recon he'll use up all his psychological skills, become stale & start to produce ok but not special sides, just like what happened to Clough & Keegan.

He's like a magician but when you work out how he does his tricks it's time for him to go & use them on someone else who hasn't seen them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

I think he would ditch us too. a lot of his success depends on getting inside the players heads, like Clough or even Keegan. If he stays to long at one club I recon he'll use up all his psychological skills, become stale & start to produce ok but not special sides, just like what happened to Clough & Keegan.

He's like a magician but when you work out how he does his tricks it's time for him to go & use them on someone else who hasn't seen them.

lets worry about that if/when it happens, id be quite happy if he left me with a league title
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:05 am

All I can say about his actual experience in Italy is that he's winning less and, that's important, playing worse at Inter Milan than Mancini! If he'll come to Eastlands we'll become in a few minutes the most hated club of all over the world. Is this enough for you, mates, considering that this man could win one or two trophies at this price? I would go on supporting my beloved City even in Second Division than have this disgraceful man, absolutely!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum