Jose Mourinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jose Mourinho

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:53 am

if we get mourinho we'll win things, simple as that really.
Now the question is how we go about it, I have to say I didn't enjoy watching chelsea under Jose, but you can't argue he got results

But if not jose, then who? Hiddink? Too old, failed to get Russia into the world cup, that is a massive, massive balls up to be honest. He's also taken the Turkey job (no pun intended)
Wenger? I'd definately have him, he lacks class off the pitch but the football he gets his lads playing is quite often sublime
The fat waiter? No chance
Ferguson - I have to admit, if there was another ferguson who wasn't an alchy cunt who's managed UTD all these years I would take him

Who else? Klinsmann? The blokey from Hoffenhiem ? 'Arry?
Anyone other than Mourinho would be a massive gamble (we won't get Wenger) imo
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:05 am

eastlandsblue wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:Very simple

Wherever he goes he wins.

People call him lucky!!!!

Hughes was not and will never be on the same level.

Mancini is not the right man to take us to the level our owners want.

I have said this since the day our fantastic owners took over , there is only one man and it is Jose.

Cant agree with you mate, wherever Mancini as been he's won, what makes Mourinho a cert to win things

Because wherever Mourinho's been he's won?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:10 am

Mourinho has also won in the premier league
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:11 am

Unless we go for Warnock, he's our man.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:13 am

Wooders wrote:if we get mourinho we'll win things, simple as that really.
Now the question is how we go about it, I have to say I didn't enjoy watching chelsea under Jose, but you can't argue he got results

But if not jose, then who? Hiddink? Too old, failed to get Russia into the world cup, that is a massive, massive balls up to be honest. He's also taken the Turkey job (no pun intended)
Wenger? I'd definately have him, he lacks class off the pitch but the football he gets his lads playing is quite often sublime
The fat waiter? No chance
Ferguson - I have to admit, if there was another ferguson who wasn't an alchy cunt who's managed UTD all these years I would take him

Who else? Klinsmann? The blokey from Hoffenhiem ? 'Arry?
Anyone other than Mourinho would be a massive gamble (we won't get Wenger) imo

If we don't get a positive answer from Mourinho, I should imagine they'll just leave Mancini in charge. That's probably what the 6 month contract is for.

If they do leave him in charge though they have to back him, which means if he wants to sell Bellamy, Ireland etc, they have to let him do it & let him build his own team. Then they have to refrain from sacking him half way through the job.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:59 am

Roy Hodgson apparently having talks with Inter Milan next week.

This obviously indicates Inter are getting shut of Mourinho at the end of the season. It was on Talksports paper review this morning with fat Steve Curry and some other Geezer, so it's out of one of today's papers....Just thought I'd mention it
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:23 am

Manx Blue wrote:Roy Hodgson apparently having talks with Inter Milan next week.

This obviously indicates Inter are getting shut of Mourinho at the end of the season. It was on Talksports paper review this morning with fat Steve Curry and some other Geezer, so it's out of one of today's papers....Just thought I'd mention it

Apparently! Hodgson has been at Inter twice already. The Geezer must be getting on in years but is still a Workaholic. Fair play to him.

Definite yes to Mourinho for me.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby ant london » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 am

I can see Jose ending up at Real if they wake up and sack Pelligrini like they probably will

I'd actually prefer that....keep bloody Mancini now that we've got him. No more fucking upheavel
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:28 am

I'm gonna say it.

I'd rather have Hodgeson.

What a class manager this guy is. And he's won plenty of stuff.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I'm gonna say it.

For me Hodgeson's Fulham are effective but one of the most boring teams in the Prem so I dont think his style would go down very well with a lot of people.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:58 am

ant london wrote:I can see Jose ending up at Real if they wake up and sack Pelligrini like they probably will

I'd actually prefer that....keep bloody Mancini now that we've got him. No more fucking upheavel

I agree but I've been saying all along that I think Hughes was sacked to get it done early & smooth the way for Mourinho to come. Mourinho's the sort of bloke who could change his mind at any time though, so there's still a fair chance Mancini could stay if that happens.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
ant london wrote:I can see Jose ending up at Real if they wake up and sack Pelligrini like they probably will

I agree but I've been saying all along that I think Hughes was sacked to get it done early & smooth the way for Mourinho to come. Mourinho's the sort of bloke who could change his mind at any time though, so there's still a fair chance Mancini could stay if that happens.

Has anyone considered that Mancini might not actually want to stay beyond the summer? There are a few tasty jobs coming up in Italy in the summer, including the national side, would he not consider going back to Italy where he is proven and can probably name his price a better option than sticking around where the fans have already developed an intense dislike of his tactics, so that as soon as he has a bad run the witch-hunt is on.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:50 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Has anyone considered that Mancini might not actually want to stay beyond the summer? There are a few tasty jobs coming up in Italy in the summer, including the national side, would he not consider going back to Italy where he is proven and can probably name his price a better option than sticking around where the fans have already developed an intense dislike of his tactics, so that as soon as he has a bad run the witch-hunt is on.

It's possible but I don't think it's the case & it's not what he's said. I also don't think there are many more 'tasty' jobs than City. The others have all been done before, wheras City are a brand new force in world football possibly to one day become the biggest force in football. Whoever gets us to the top first will be a legend & it's almost certain that someone is going to be in that position because of the resources we have. Mancin will get a bronze statue one day if he does that. If I was a manager it'd be THE job I'd want right now. Mourinho may well feel the same though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

It's possible but I don't think it's the case & it's not what he's said. I also don't think there are many more 'tasty' jobs than City. The others have all been done before, wheras City are a brand new force in world football possibly to one day become the biggest force in football. Whoever gets us to the top first will be a legend & it's almost certain that someone is going to be in that position because of the resources we have. Mancin will get a bronze statue one day if he does that. If I was a manager it'd be THE job I'd want right now. Mourinho may well feel the same though.

If I was a top manager, english and the England job is offered....................amidst a backdrop of questionable confidence in the board after the fiasco in the transfer window, how Cook stitched him up at the press conference and how they underhandedly dealt with Hughes etc. You have to wonder how the job was sold to Mancini, and what HIS plans were to agree to a 6 month contract.

We are all looking at City being the protagonists in the 6 month issue, with Jose the ultimate goal, but maybe this is just a stepping stone back into a big Italian job for Bobby? I find it extremely strange that a decorated manager would have agreed to such a clause were it not in line with his wider interests.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 am

after last night i think Jose to RM is probably nailed on.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby superkev8705 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:23 pm

I hope we stay with Bobby Manc. He would be well pissed off if he gets replaced by Mourinho again.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:after last night i think Jose to RM is probably nailed on.

cheers

I reckon you are right. In fact I might consider a wager for that to happen.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:39 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

If I was a top manager, english and the England job is offered....................amidst a backdrop of questionable confidence in the board after the fiasco in the transfer window, how Cook stitched him up at the press conference and how they underhandedly dealt with Hughes etc. You have to wonder how the job was sold to Mancini, and what HIS plans were to agree to a 6 month contract.

We are all looking at City being the protagonists in the 6 month issue, with Jose the ultimate goal, but maybe this is just a stepping stone back into a big Italian job for Bobby? I find it extremely strange that a decorated manager would have agreed to such a clause were it not in line with his wider interests.

I don't think he'd been exactly overwhelmed by the offers he'd recieved before he came to us. If he does a decent job with us then it puts him back on people's radars again, possibly even a decent club in England. We pay better than most too.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:I'm gonna say it.

Roy Hodgson is too old now. I'd have definitely welcomed him after Keegan left because he'd have steadied the ship for a few seasons and certainly taught an Assistant about how to Manage. Although he wasn't particularly effective in his reign at Blackburn.

The Fulham v Tottenham clash on Saturday was interesting because both sides were Managed by Englishmen in their 60's.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

..............................is a Knob Jockey!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum