You can't defend that sh**e

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: You can't defend that sh**e

Postby branny » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:06 pm

I said when Hughes was sacked that the timing didn;t make sense and could royally screw up our season. 60 days later and we are out of both cups and playing without confidence. 4th is still ours to lose and that's what worries me.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:10 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling that we'll never win anything? It's like the Maine Rd gypsy curse was brought with us.

We are broke and win nothing. We bring in a billionaire owner who promises us the world. By the end of the season, he's broke and on the run. We win nothing.

We then bring in a trillionaire owner, who is willing to pay over the odds to get the best players he can, pay them more than they're worth and hire the best manager available. We win nothing.

I'm just glad I won't be alive to see the rags put the extra digit on that flaming ticker banner.

Yeah but Frank was comedy gold only City could land themselves a potless billionairre though..well ok us and Portsmouth

Seriously though this is ADUG's first full season in charge so I would say they haven't got off to a bad start all things considered
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:17 am

No point comparing shit with shit. We should stop pissin about and just get Jose in...
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 am

Dazzacity wrote:No point comparing shit with shit. We should stop pissin about and just get Jose in...

How long would you give him?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:27 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:No point comparing shit with shit. We should stop pissin about and just get Jose in...

Exactly...I don't care if it's Hughes, Mancini, Mourinho, Humpty Dumpty, Big Ted or Buzz fucking Lightyear, at some point the cycle has to be broken by Cook or Khaldoon turning around and saying this is our man for the next 5 years, and if it goes tits up it goes tits up, but he's going to be given enough time to get it right.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:30 am

Mancini has a philosophy on how to play football which I cannot and will not ever subscribe too. With differences as fundamental as these I would fear for my sanity if they gave him 5 full years.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:17 am

Blue Toy wrote:The shit that we are now having to suffer. Irrelevant what your opinion of Hughes was/is. Take the performances under Mancini in isolation of previous managers and they are quite simply not defendable.

If anyone can tell me I'm wrong then please go ahead, but right now (and I speak as one of those who wanted Hughes out) these are unacceptable levels of football we are witnessing as ANOTHER trophiless season passes us by.

Mate. I tell you what.....fucking arseholes like you and the rest of you who "wouldn't pay for UEFA games whilst that rag is in charge" have a big part to play in us ending up where we are today.

Sacking someone in shite circumstances and snatching at any "available out of work for 18 months and hardly superior after having been gifted a few pots in a bent league" manager.....that was due to the antics of you and those idiots with similarly bullshit based views towards our previous manager.

Fuck off....all of you Anti Hughes wankers. Some of you had valid objections but most of you were just spoilt dickhead children
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:29 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Mancini has a philosophy on how to play football which I cannot and will not ever subscribe too. With differences as fundamental as these I would fear for my sanity if they gave him 5 full years.

It pains me to say this but I cant imagine my total un dying support for City will continue under the current tactical direction Mancini is employing , I imagine I’ll slip into to being one of those guys who goes out his way to watch the odd game (I’m in NZ) instead of staying up all night no matter what.

I have always maintained I am a football fan first, city fan second. This is not football. This is not my city.

Breaks my heart to even write that.
ross.mcfc

Postby Blue Toy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 am

ant london wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:The shit that we are now having to suffer. Irrelevant what your opinion of Hughes was/is. Take the performances under Mancini in isolation of previous managers and they are quite simply not defendable.

If anyone can tell me I'm wrong then please go ahead, but right now (and I speak as one of those who wanted Hughes out) these are unacceptable levels of football we are witnessing as ANOTHER trophiless season passes us by.

Mate. I tell you what.....fucking arseholes like you and the rest of you who "wouldn't pay for UEFA games whilst that rag is in charge" have a big part to play in us ending up where we are today.

Sacking someone in shite circumstances and snatching at any "available out of work for 18 months and hardly superior after having been gifted a few pots in a bent league" manager.....that was due to the antics of you and those idiots with similarly bullshit based views towards our previous manager.

Fuck off....all of you Anti Hughes wankers. Some of you had valid objections but most of you were just spoilt dickhead children

And this thread is a Hughes debate because.....?

Ant, I always had you down as a better person than one to throw personal insults at another member. We're all annoyed at our current performances but there's absolutely no need for that.

If you think "arseholes" like me had any impact on the sacking of Hughes then you a seriously deluded. I don't hide the fact that I didn't like him, but that doesn't mean I am obliged to be satisfied with what we are currently witnessing. At least I am consistent in my impatient (call it what you will) approach, which is more than can be said for the likes of you.

Very disappointed in you with that contribution Ant.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:52 am

Manx Blue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Exactly...I don't care if it's Hughes, Mancini, Mourinho, Humpty Dumpty, Big Ted or Buzz fucking Lightyear, at some point the cycle has to be broken by Cook or Khaldoon turning around and saying this is our man for the next 5 years, and if it goes tits up it goes tits up, but he's going to be given enough time to get it right.

The problem is,most of the geezers who could get it right are in jobs.

There is only Mourinho who could do it for us,he is still in a job.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:56 am

ant london wrote:

Im with you Ant.

The behaviour of the Hughes out posse has got us here.

Really well done.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 am

Blue Toy wrote:
ant london wrote:

And this thread is a Hughes debate because.....?

Ant, I always had you down as a better person than one to throw personal insults at another member. We're all annoyed at our current performances but there's absolutely no need for that.

If you think "arseholes" like me had any impact on the sacking of Hughes then you a seriously deluded. I don't hide the fact that I didn't like him, but that doesn't mean I am obliged to be satisfied with what we are currently witnessing. At least I am consistent in my impatient (call it what you will) approach, which is more than can be said for the likes of you.

Very disappointed in you with that contribution Ant.

It wasn't a personal insult thrown at you specifically mate and you know that full well.

And, sorry, I think that all of you who were agitating against Hughes from day one had quite a significant influence in the lack of patience towards him. If you think otherwise then you are the one who's deluded.

I apologise if you're upset at the language used but that was posted very late last night whilst very angry and pretty well oiled. I don't think you're a wanker/arsehole/dickhead, you know that. I do think you acted like one though (just like you now think I am) and I'm not going to apologise for that (nor would I want you to)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:13 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Erwin Rommel wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Erwin Rommel wrote:Its not Pearce style football, when Pearce had Wright-Phillips we actually played decent football, it was only after Pearce was forced to sell SWP that the football style became survival in nature. This Mancini style is the worst brand of football ever inflicted on City.

keegan or mancini?

Keegan? What are you on about? Keegan brought us Ali Benrabia, some of the best football I have ever seen. It was only after the Fowler signing tings wen downhill. Mancinis style has been shite since day one.

i reckon first 3 games were decent, then it was gash.

have to agree, when keegan took charge and we won the old div1 thats one of the best seasons us city fans have witnessed in a very long time!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:18 am

Its all in the title for me.

I would like Mancini to come out and EXPLAIN to us all, why the hell he changed a perfectly good back four?

Zabba ----- Kompany ----- Lescott ----- Bridge

Kompany has been our best defender this season, however he is replaced by Ned who has very little game time. He decided to move Vinnie into midfield and puts our best midfielder this season on the bench.

These are the type of decisions that have left us all moaning and groaning and lost for words. I think its time Mancini helped us all understand what he is trying to achieve by doing this.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby btajim » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 am

Wonderwall wrote:Its all in the title for me.

I would like Mancini to come out and EXPLAIN to us all, why the hell he changed a perfectly good back four?

Zabba ----- Kompany ----- Lescott ----- Bridge

Kompany has been our best defender this season, however he is replaced by Ned who has very little game time. He decided to move Vinnie into midfield and puts our best midfielder this season on the bench.

These are the type of decisions that have left us all moaning and groaning and lost for words. I think its time Mancini helped us all understand what he is trying to achieve by doing this.

I presume he wanted Kompany's presence in Midfield to deal with the challenges Stoke might instigate. I had worried that De Jong would be dropped for his beloved Vieira - but I never thought he'd be dropped when Vieira wasn't able to play.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum