The Problem!!! [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Problem!!!

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Dunnylad wrote: Mancini has a style of playing that doesn't fit some of the current personnel, we either give him time to build his own side or we ship him out and drag someone else in and during the interview process tell them which players they will be inheriting and what the future buys will be. Mancini has already said AJ was recommended by Brian Marwood, so how can you build a team when someone else is picking the players?

So what you're saying Dunny, is that we should essentially brace ourselves for various players coming and going in the summer, and that we should then wait 4/5/6/ months for them to Gel, by which time Mancinin may be gone, another chap comes in and the cycle goes around yet again.

Mancini now has to work with what we have WE CANNOT AFFORD TO WASTE ANY ADDITIONAL TIME PISS ARSING AROUND

It was the same with Sven and then Hughes and now Mancini - we (a) can't afford to keep chopping and changing managers and (b) we have to have someone who is capable of picking a manager who fits 'the plan'

The problem is that I think we've got a bigger problem with (b) than (a) - get (b) right and (a) is easy
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:simply the players are not good enough.

When we were winning a few or beating a couple of big teams ( by raising our game) everyone was on the bandwagon that all our players were top four quality.

Simple answer is the majority are vastly overpriced or potential top four players, yet we expect them to be winning every game and be safely in the top 4 streets ahead of Liverpool, Spurs and Villa.

I would say so far we are where the squad deserves to be, decent cup run, and top 5. The massive signings we have made were not being clamoured for by any of the top clubs save Tevez who told Scum to fuck off.

Who was chasing Given, Bridge, Adebayor, Toure, Lescott, Santa Cruz etc. If any of the top 4 clubs were, it would have been at half or less of the money and they would have been squad players and expected to achieve it all on their own. They would have been supplemented by world class stars. We still have to go in the transfer market and get these, as we are still a window or two behind those clubs even with our accelerated spending.

Beggars me how much we expect from the squad we have, bar Tevez I doubt many would be in the top 4 (except Liverpool) starting 11, yet we expect to be performing like Scum, Chelsea or Arse week in week out.

Lets get realistic - the players are not as good as we think. Case example - Bridge second choice at Chelsea = our first choice. Toure second choice at Arse = our captain. Adebayor - second choice at Arse= our first choice. Lescott - second choice cb at Everton behind Yobo, Distin and Jagielka. If we get 4th we have done well in my view.

You're wrong on that one mate, Lescott was very much first choice at Everton hence why Gollum fought so hard to keep him. Distin was signed as his replacement after he'd left.

Jagielka & Yobo were first choice centre halve, he fought hard to keep him as he was decent at playing centre half and left back, and they had a Uefa cup campaign coming up and Golum wanted to squeeze as much as he could out of us.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:22 pm

9secondlegend wrote:
Craig Bardsley wrote:
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:simply the players are not good enough.

When we were winning a few or beating a couple of big teams ( by raising our game) everyone was on the bandwagon that all our players were top four quality.

Simple answer is the majority are vastly overpriced or potential top four players, yet we expect them to be winning every game and be safely in the top 4 streets ahead of Liverpool, Spurs and Villa.

I would say so far we are where the squad deserves to be, decent cup run, and top 5. The massive signings we have made were not being clamoured for by any of the top clubs save Tevez who told Scum to fuck off.

Who was chasing Given, Bridge, Adebayor, Toure, Lescott, Santa Cruz etc. If any of the top 4 clubs were, it would have been at half or less of the money and they would have been squad players and expected to achieve it all on their own. They would have been supplemented by world class stars. We still have to go in the transfer market and get these, as we are still a window or two behind those clubs even with our accelerated spending.

Beggars me how much we expect from the squad we have, bar Tevez I doubt many would be in the top 4 (except Liverpool) starting 11, yet we expect to be performing like Scum, Chelsea or Arse week in week out.

Lets get realistic - the players are not as good as we think. Case example - Bridge second choice at Chelsea = our first choice. Toure second choice at Arse = our captain. Adebayor - second choice at Arse= our first choice. Lescott - second choice cb at Everton behind Yobo, Distin and Jagielka. If we get 4th we have done well in my view.

You're wrong on that one mate, Lescott was very much first choice at Everton hence why Gollum fought so hard to keep him. Distin was signed as his replacement after he'd left.

also adebayor was 1st choice as was toure

Adebayor was not first choice as in the best 11. I would say it was Van Pesrie & Eduardo Arshavin were first choice. Toure maybe yes, but I know he had a fucking awful season which is why Arsene was happy to let him go and why the Arse fans were not arsed to see them go.
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Dunnylad wrote:Mancini has a style of playing that doesn't fit some of the current personnel, we either give him time to build his own side or we ship him out and drag someone else in and during the interview process tell them which players they will be inheriting and what the future buys will be. Mancini has already said AJ was recommended by Brian Marwood, so how can you build a team when someone else is picking the players?

the worrying thing is, marwood went for an absolute gem whilst our manager went for an over the hill pile of shit
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Mike J wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:Mancini has a style of playing that doesn't fit some of the current personnel, we either give him time to build his own side or we ship him out and drag someone else in and during the interview process tell them which players they will be inheriting and what the future buys will be. Mancini has already said AJ was recommended by Brian Marwood, so how can you build a team when someone else is picking the players?

the worrying thing is, marwood went for an absolute gem whilst our manager went for an over the hill pile of shit

FMTWF!
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Mike J wrote:

FMTWF!

Ha ha, Marwood for manager. I pray Patrick can show some form, i'm not writing him off yet, and I don't want to bundle a load of pressure on to AJ as some kind of saviour. Tevez however is another story! We need him back!
Robinho's Step Over

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:05 am

we need a manager that dont give two fucks about footballers egos, one that will give them a right going over if they dont perform, bollox to this namby pamby sticking up for the players when they cant be arsed.
proper bollackings to one and all and to tell them how its gonna be or its bye byes.
sick and tired of this so called football drivel being served up week in week out.
And im sure if we had brought in the right bloke in the first place be it a hiddink/mourinho we would be sitting very nicely in a cup and in the league.................
The owner have to take some blame in bringing in a manager that yes did it in the italian league but its totally different football styles.

come city get ur fucking act together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

It's the Premier League not Seria A

Postby Crossie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:07 am

Mancini only know the Italian way of playing, he is forcing that on a squad that is a premier league squad, bought over time and developed to be quick, strong, counter attacking, attractive, and hopefully stand up at the back enough to not conceed too many goals.

Playing all this defensive shit might work if you brought an Italian club straight into the premier league, because they are cultured on that type of football, we are not.

There isnt enough time to slowly replace most of the players with more defensive minded ones, who can adapt to Mancini's style. So the only option left is to replace the manager again. We can't start bringing in boat loads of Seria A players.

The only Italian that worked properly in the prem, was Zola. I honestly cant think of any others. Mancini himself played for Leicester, and although he was old by then, he hardly set them on fire.

Im staying behind the club, but I dont want this 1 diamentional wanker in charge for 1 day longer.

Id rather give Brian Kidd the reins, and thats saying something,
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: It's the Premier League not Seria A

Postby Crossie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:08 am

Sorry, ive realised this could probably be merged with "The Problem" thread.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 am

Blue in the face wrote:The problem is the fucking kit. Nobody wins anything nowadays wearing sky blue.

you could be on to something.

That must be Cook's next big idea (and why they're selling off the home shirts for £20):

Laser Blue kit

and spirit of 99

(after all we've tried retro 60s kit and spirit of 76)

we're indestructible

Thank Christ for Garry, our saviour.

Anyone else noticed the RED screens when making a post (a subliminal thing between blue ones)?? Is this a sick joke by our site hosts?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: It's the Premier League not Seria A

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 am

Crossie wrote:Sorry, ive realised this could probably be merged with "The Problem" thread.

it's worth a read tho Crossie. I don't disagree btw. i thought Mancini was some renegade, Serie A rebel playing this swashbuckling, attacking brand of football, but it turns out he's the poster child for why their entire league is 3rd best in the world, and not 1 or 2.

He'll have to go unless he finds some form of divine intervention. i hope he is using some rosary beads right now.

We do actually look much,much better at the back bear in mind, but at a steep cost to our entire season and any silverware ambitions this year. And no matter how good we look, shipping 3 to Stoke, even while down to 10-men, is disrespectful at best.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Re: The Problem!!! [merged]

Postby btajim » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:32 am

Mancini might be a brilliant young Coach who has won trophies - but if he's not right for this Job then he's not right.

Stoke should have been buried during the original tie and we looked forwards to taking 4500 to Stamford Bridge. Instead, it's our next League Match and we're looking at another defeat.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum