Adebayor - Four match ban?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Adebayor - Four match ban?

Postby svengali » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

As the title says, will he get 4 games as he was sent off retrospectively against la Arse?

Personally I would hope Bennet sees sense and recinds it as it was never a red card in a million years. He cost us the tye, and contrary to what the majority think, I feel we were the better team, even down to men until extra time.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Adebayor - Four match ban?

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:59 pm

svengali wrote:As the title says, will he get 4 games as he was sent off retrospectively against la Arse?

Personally I would hope Bennet sees sense and recinds it as it was never a red card in a million years. He cost us the tye, and contrary to what the majority think, I feel we were the better team, even down to men until extra time.

Thats never gonna happen i just hope Tevez is back for Sat god do we need him.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Good will mean Tevez can play up top on his own where he does best.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 pm

I can see why the ref ha given the red but on replay there was no intent by Ade, Shawcross was tugging him all over the place and he naturally used his arm to get himself free but connected with his face. I'd appeal it if I was Adebayor.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Green in blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Good will mean Tevez can play up top on his own where he does best.

its never 'good' when your 25mil striker is banned for 4 games. what a ridiculour thing to say
Green in blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:06 pm

svengali wrote:As the title says, will he get 4 games as he was sent off retrospectively against la Arse?

Shawcross Elbowed Bellers in Injury time as he was trying to force his way through. Now I don't think either were sending's off, but of the two, The one on Bellers was the worst of the two
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby svengali » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:19 pm

Manx Blue wrote:

Shawcross Elbowed Bellers in Injury time as he was trying to force his way through. Now I don't think either were sending's off, but of the two, The one on Bellers was the worst of the two

I agree. Does anyone know if he will get 4 games though? his sending off has annoyed me more than the result as it was a ridiculous decision.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Surely it'll be a 3 match ban, unless we appeal
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm

we must appeal - that will at least get him available for chelsea a la wio against us in the cup
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Nickyboy wrote:we must appeal - that will at least get him available for chelsea a la wio against us in the cup

I think we should appeal but it will probably fail and another match will be added.And I expect it will all be done before weekend anyway. I thought that for a 2nd sending off for violent conduct in the same season it is an automatic 4 anyway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby svengali » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 pm

Surely its going to be revoked? Surely??

If the ref thinks there was intent in that we should send Zaba round his house to show him what intent looks like. What an absolute incompetent prick Bennet is.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:we must appeal - that will at least get him available for chelsea a la wio against us in the cup

I think we should appeal but it will probably fail and another match will be added.And I expect it will all be done before weekend anyway. I thought that for a 2nd sending off for violent conduct in the same season it is an automatic 4 anyway.

Yeah you're right Doug an extra match per ban - so if appeal that could be 5 matches?
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:37 pm

he did nothing wrong, he 'shook' his arm to rid a defender holding his shirt.
surely we can use video evidence to show other strikers doing the same 4 or 5 times in every match to do the same.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

he did nothing wrong, he 'shook' his arm to rid a defender holding his shirt.
surely we can use video evidence to show other strikers doing the same 4 or 5 times in every match to do the same.

They hate us, of course it won't be the same and it isn't Ade's first offence....
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blue 68 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:44 pm

We will definately appeal, piece of piss this one.................. surely football isn't bent.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 pm

I suppose it's saved Mancini having to drop him against Chelsea then .....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:57 pm

blue 68 wrote:We will definately appeal, piece of piss this one.................. surely football isn't bent.

Mmmmmmmmmm, are you sure?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby svengali » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 am

zuricity wrote:I suppose it's saved Mancini having to drop him against Chelsea then .....

Adebayor was class tonight and class against Liverpool. No way should he be dropped.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 am

svengali wrote:
zuricity wrote:I suppose it's saved Mancini having to drop him against Chelsea then .....

Adebayor was class tonight and class against Liverpool. No way should he be dropped.

Class is waaaaaay OTT but the good news in both is that he worked and tried hard and played ok.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 am

Should definitely appeal, never in a million years was that a straight red.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum