Adebayor - Four match ban?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adebayor - Four match ban?

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 am

2 bans so far = 7 matches plus the african cup of nations debacle every year, its a lot of money for a player that is only available for two thirds of the season
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:16 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Should definitely appeal, never in a million years was that a straight red.

In Mancini's after the match comments quoted on the MEN site. He says City will appeal the sending off.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1193812_mancini_sees_red_after_stoke_defeat

Mancini said: "For me, we will appeal, because it wasn't a red card. It was maybe a yellow, but not a sending-off.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 am

Good. If that red card does not get rescinded I will lose what is left of my sanity.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Blue2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 am

Manx Blue wrote:
svengali wrote:As the title says, will he get 4 games as he was sent off retrospectively against la Arse?

Personally I would hope Bennet sees sense and recinds it as it was never a red card in a million years. He cost us the tye, and contrary to what the majority think, I feel we were the better team, even down to men until extra time.

Shawcross Elbowed Bellers in Injury time as he was trying to force his way through. Now I don't think either were sending's off, but of the two, The one on Bellers was the worst of the two

It was Huth who had just been booked 5 mins earlier, there was more intent in his challenge and was at least a yellow, but that fuckwit Bennett didn't see it and we didn't even get a freekick.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 am

Blue2 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
svengali wrote:As the title says, will he get 4 games as he was sent off retrospectively against la Arse?

Personally I would hope Bennet sees sense and recinds it as it was never a red card in a million years. He cost us the tye, and contrary to what the majority think, I feel we were the better team, even down to men until extra time.

Shawcross Elbowed Bellers in Injury time as he was trying to force his way through. Now I don't think either were sending's off, but of the two, The one on Bellers was the worst of the two

It was Huth who had just been booked 5 mins earlier, there was more intent in his challenge and was at least a yellow, but that fuckwit Bennett didn't see it and we didn't even get a freekick.

Probably because Bellamy did not throw himself to the floor like a shot animal like that Stoke player did when Adebayor slightly touched him with his hand.
avoidconfusion

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:52 am

Confirmed on SSN now - 4 match ban!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:06 am

What a fucking joke. Why the fuck did we not appeal?
avoidconfusion

Postby Beeks » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:11 am

I cannot believe we didn't appeal...it was a nothing challenge worthy of a yellow at the most
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:26 am

We were probably worded up that Steve fucking Bennett was adamant he'd got it right therefore the 4 match ban would become 5. When you look at other incidents; Mascherano's foul on Barry, Fuller stamping on that bloke's bollocks, Ade getting 4 games for that has to be one of the most unjust examples you're ever going to see in football.

Stoke are a slimey bunch incidentally. We lost SWP to retaliating for being kicked by that big-eared inbred shit last season.

I hope we make them pay whenever we meet in the future & hopefully get the chance to relegate them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 am

Oh god yes please I would wank until my hand is just a claw if Stoke were to get relegated next season.

Loudest fans in the Premier League my arse.
avoidconfusion

Postby ashton287 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am

Green in blue wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:Good will mean Tevez can play up top on his own where he does best.

its never 'good' when your WASTE OF 25mil striker is banned for 4 games. what a ridiculour thing to say

edited it for you, your welcome
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby branny » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:42 am

what i don't understand is why both Mascherano and Huth haven't been sited on video evidence like Vieira etc. Pulis said he wanted the same treatment as everyone else so if Huth is banned he can have no complaints.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby david yearsley » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:43 am

These fuclin COWARDS who dare to call themselves refs and therefore true arbitors of the game are getting my fuclin goat up frankly - I hope Bennett gets fuclin bombarded with stuff and as for the Fucltard Arseholes at Soho Square all I can say is FULLER, MASCHERANO,FABREGAS etc..etc all caught ON FUCLIN CAMERA doing far worse than Ade - CNUTS ALL ....grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby Colin the King » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:22 am

This is a controversial one so I'll get the tin hat on.

Ade has played well for us- some excellent goals and skills, of that there's no doubt. But maybe his absence is a blessing in disguise? Tevez and Bellamy seem to have a great understanding of each other that, for some reason, isn't as effective when Adebayor is stood between them. We put 3 past the filth and 4 past Chelsea, both away from home, without him. Some of our best attacking performances- Sunderland and Blackburn at home, Wolves away came in his absence.

However good he is, I just don't think he's absolutely crucial to our success in the same way that Bellamy and Tevez on form are and maybe, with Sunderland and Fulham away to come, we'll benefit from the pacey counter-attacking game they can offer us rather than his holding up and bringing others into play?
Colin the King

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:05 am

Colin the King wrote:This is a controversial one so I'll get the tin hat on.

Ade has played well for us- some excellent goals and skills, of that there's no doubt. But maybe his absence is a blessing in disguise? Tevez and Bellamy seem to have a great understanding of each other that, for some reason, isn't as effective when Adebayor is stood between them. We put 3 past the filth and 4 past Chelsea, both away from home, without him. Some of our best attacking performances- Sunderland and Blackburn at home, Wolves away came in his absence.

However good he is, I just don't think he's absolutely crucial to our success in the same way that Bellamy and Tevez on form are and maybe, with Sunderland and Fulham away to come, we'll benefit from the pacey counter-attacking game they can offer us rather than his holding up and bringing others into play?

I like Ade but you can't argue with the facts as you show them. Its a shame that we can't get the best out of our best 3 strikers when they are all on the pitch. Maybe they need more time to gel which they haven't really had so far. In any case there will be many matches when one of them is not available due to injury, especially Bellers, so I'll be glad to see Ade back in contention after his 4 match ban.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:12 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Colin the King wrote:This is a controversial one so I'll get the tin hat on.

I like Ade but you can't argue with the facts as you show them. Its a shame that we can't get the best out of our best 3 strikers when they are all on the pitch. Maybe they need more time to gel which they haven't really had so far. In any case there will be many matches when one of them is not available due to injury, especially Bellers, so I'll be glad to see Ade back in contention after his 4 match ban.

I think he's playing really well & trying very hard right now but agree City have often looked a better side without him. There must be a way of getting him involved so that he improves the team but in the short term we just have to do what's best to win games rather than to keep him happy.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 am

i see he has been crying about leaving arsenal again. i wish he'd just shut up about that now.

we are a better team without him imo, he's still a good player though.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Mike J wrote:i see he has been crying about leaving arsenal again. i wish he'd just shut up about that now.

IT,S STARTED TO REALLY GET ON MY NERVES WITH HIM HARPING ON ABOUT ARSENAL FFS!

ACTUALLY IM NOT DEPRESSED AT HIS 4 GAME BAN AS TEVEZ PLAYS BETTER WITHOUT HIM IMO, INFACT WE PLAY BETTER WITHOUT ANY ARSENAL REJECT PLAYING FOR US IT WOULD SEEM.....
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mike J wrote:i see he has been crying about leaving arsenal again. i wish he'd just shut up about that now.

IT,S STARTED TO REALLY GET ON MY NERVES WITH HIM HARPING ON ABOUT ARSENAL FFS!

ACTUALLY IM NOT DEPRESSED AT HIS 4 GAME BAN AS TEVEZ PLAYS BETTER WITHOUT HIM IMO, INFACT WE PLAY BETTER WITHOUT ANY ARSENAL REJECT PLAYING FOR US IT WOULD SEEM.....

OUCH! ;)

Ade is obviously a good player.. but with so much stuff going on for him ( including the move from Arse ) he hasn't had a chance to build anything with the other players. So while it is difficult to argue against the criticism, i would say that it is still early days. Basically the aim for any team is to get the best out of their players so we should look to giving him a good chance with a good run of games to see if he can fit in and add something really valuable to the team.

I would say also that although he and Carlito dont seem to link well so far, Ade does have the effect of dragging a lot of players with him, you rarely see him with only one defender looking after him. By that alone he is useful as it gives others like Carlos and Bellemy ( and in theory Stevie ) more space to operate in.

My bottom line is that Ade has had a bit of a f**ked up season so far, some his own fault, some not. Give him the summer to get settled down and we can then see what he can offer in a more consistent way next season.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum