Micah - a Mancini bright spot?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah - a Mancini bright spot?

Postby Blue Toy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 pm

Now, I didn't see all of the game, but from what I did see Micah continues to look like the 1 player who has improved and turned his game around under Mancini.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Micah - a Mancini bright spot?

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 pm

For me in general the defenders as a whole have looked a lot better considering we have had a different back 4 for every game. Kompany, Lescott, and Richards have all looked decent. Toure has still looked awful, and for me Bridge whilst looking a lot better is never going to have defending as his strong attribute.

A settled back four of Richards Kompany Lescott and Bridge would be a start. If we wanted a little more solidity at the left side in certain games we could put Barry at left back. When we need to be more expansive we could have Zabaleta/Bridge at the full back positions.

On current form Toure and Onouha need to be on the bench and will have to earn the right to start.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 am

lescott started playing well until his injury (hughes still manager) - he has just carried that form on since fit again (looked very composed tonight).

micah has been great every time i can remember since xmas.

bridge has been great since he's come back (maybe his slut ex has made him concentrate on footy)

kompany has been ace

that should be the back four.

zabba is better in midfield - so i'd pick him when we need to keep tight and swp against weaker opposition.

i'm not a poet - sorry for my post structure
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:27 am

Micah has been a bright spot for City but personally I wouldnt put it down to Mancini. I think we had seen some good signs under the previous manager after he dropped him. That decison seemed to have woken him up a little and since then he has been good.

Overall though definitely the defence has been better but they have had a lot of extra emphasis put defending more as a team so players don't get as isolated. Plus of course the switch to zonal defending from set pieces which overall has been a success.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 am

Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:For me in general the defenders as a whole have looked a lot better considering we have had a different back 4 for every game. Kompany, Lescott, and Richards have all looked decent. Toure has still looked awful, and for me Bridge whilst looking a lot better is never going to have defending as his strong attribute.

A settled back four of Richards Kompany Lescott and Bridge would be a start. If we wanted a little more solidity at the left side in certain games we could put Barry at left back. When we need to be more expansive we could have Zabaleta/Bridge at the full back positions.

On current form Toure and Onouha need to be on the bench and will have to earn the right to start.

I would largely agree, although you just get a feeling Bridge will be dropped on Saturday. Mancini won't want the Chews fans getting in his head and fucking everything up. Remember Garrido a few years ago....once he was ripped down that left he let people down that wing time after time, and I can see Zabba at LB on Saturday.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum