RIGHT.....!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

RIGHT.....!

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:41 pm

I'm three weeks out of Hospital after a Heart Abnormality, I'm annoyed (with tonight...not with my treatment) just like everyone else....nay Mr Wilkes...I'M FUCKING FUMING

I want to write letters, I want to write e-mails, I want to get a plane ticket to smash some doors at COMS. I want to be a bad man and fucking hurt something. However, lets get things in perspective, and I'm not a happy clapper, just a realist.

We all want to win a trophy and end the 34 year....sorry, 33 year 361 day hoodoo. That's a Given. We've just lost to Stoke, and recently to the Shit to realistically end our trophy chances for another year.....Fine.

Everyone take a deep breath....is the earth is still moving? Yes?...the lets crack on.

If we'd got up against Chelsea in the FA Cup, and maybe into a Semi Final, would our chances have been hindered in getting through to Europe, never mind the Champions League? I would say yes...who agree's?

We have what? 12 games to turn our season around, a game in hand over the rivals? The Club, Management, players whatever you want to call them, now have to focus, including the support, otherwise we're going to fuck it all up.

Every year we see a club fall by the wayside after a bit of a Cup run or whatever....Villa dropped last year although I can't remember if that was for a cup run. Maybe we'll see Villa & Tottenham falter? Everton and Liverpool currently have the Europa as an additional distraction. We may fall... who know's?

In short, we have a clear run at our own destiny. We've had a player shot at, a player go through an unexpected family trauma, and see a club lower down the league approach the brink of destruction. There's more to things than a loss against Stoke in extra Time on a Cold February evening.

But we're still here...a touch annoyed...but still here. The time for recriminations or autopsies (sp?) or apportioning blame is the end of the season not now We've got to go into work tomorrow, we'll have the arse ripped out of us for a while, but Saturday is around the corner...

Lets keep our chins up...even if it's kept as high as the Blood Pressure!!
Last edited by Manx Blue on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: RIGHT.....!

Postby citytilidie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 pm

how do you propose we 'turn it around' when we are absolutely shite ?
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Good post Manx Blue.

All we can do is to support our club and hope things will get better.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:02 am

citytilidie wrote:how do you propose we 'turn it around' when we are absolutely shite ?

Well by the sounds of things CTID, there is some sort of division within the dressing room regarding the manner of training, intesity and such like. This needs to be addressed very quickly although I doubt it can be done before Saturday. If my head serves me right do we have a 10 or 14 day break after Chelsea due to the FAC & International. We could do with trying to start something next week.

Secondly, and obviously barring injury, I want to see our best 11 out on that pitch....and an 11 with balance, and subs of the bench that can handle forwards getting injured IE more than one forward and less than 6 defenders!!

We also need an 11 which is going to attack. Defensively we have shored things up somewhat. We need 6 of Bellamy, Ireland, Barry, Petrov, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, RSC, on the pitch in order to create chances and get the opposition on the back foot. We aren't going to win if we don't shoot or score.

There may be other ideas from other chaps on here. but I'm sure Douglas has regularly raised concerns with regard to training? Everyone has their own starting XI too of course
Last edited by Manx Blue on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:02 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Good post Manx Blue.

I agree good post and I am desperately trying to stay positive but we have been in a slump for quite a while now:
Hull
Everton
Scum
Stoke
Stoke
Stoke
Bolton
Portsmouth
Liverpool

We won a couple of those and 2 of the draws wern't that bad but oh the performances . They have been pretty dire all the time.It's not just the odd game but all of those and next we have Chelsea followed by Spurs.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Good post Manx Blue.

I agree good post and I am desperately trying to stay positive but we have been in a slump for quite a while now:
Hull
Everton
Scum
Stoke
Stoke
Stoke
Bolton
Portsmouth
Liverpool

We won a couple of those and 2 of the draws wern't that bad but oh the performances . They have been pretty dire all the time.It's not just the odd game but all of those and next we have Chelsea followed by Spurs.

Spurs won't be on DH due to the FA Cup....so I think we have 14 days to get something sorted? Granted we'll lose a few internationals

Manx Blue

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:10 am

Manx Blue wrote:
citytilidie wrote:how do you propose we 'turn it around' when we are absolutely shite ?

Well by the sounds of things CTID, there is some sort of division within the dressing room regarding the manner of training, intesity and such like. This needs to be addressed very quickly although I doubt it can be done before Saturday. If my head serves me right do we have a 10 or 14 day break after Chelsea due to the FAC & International. We could do with trying to start something next week.

Secondly, and obviously barring injury, I want to see our best 11 out on that pitch....and an 11 with balance, and subs of the bench that can handle forwards getting injured IE more than one forward and less than 6 defenders!!

We also need an 11 which is going to attack. Defensively we have shored things up somewhat. We need 6 of Bellamy, Ireland, Barry, Petrov, Johnson, Tevez, Adebayor, RSC, on the pitch in order to create chances and get the opposition on the back foot. We aren't going to win if we don't shoot or score.

There may be other ideas from other chaps on here. but I'm sure Douglas has regularly raised concerns with regard to training? Everyone has their own starting XI too of course

no SWP?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 am

Nickyboy wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

no SWP?

I don't know Nicky. Although to be fair the same could be said of Ireland. Both have seen their form fluctuate in recent games. But then If I dropped a player on that basis, then we may not have a team which could save a few problems ;)

Yes I forgot him TBH

Manx Blue

Postby Crossie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:38 am

You could see the fuck up happening weeks ago, like you say.

We were level on points with whoever was 4th, AND had 2 games in hand, we were looking to 3rd.

Now getting 1 point a game, and I honestly think we are far far away from being able to beat anyone in the top half of the table, we wont beat the relegation strugglers either, because they fight like fuck for every ball.

Another thing is, why the fuck did we let loads of players go on loan, our squad feels injured and thread bare
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:23 pm

ask the players that, they should get some stick as its them on the park. they will have to stand up and fight for 4th place
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:34 pm

I missed the second half, but would have been happy with a point at HT. Well done today lads...Wednesday was a disappointment and maybe I will actually hit something tonight...only celebration of course!!

Manx Blue

Return to The Maine Football forum