Am I the only one who is missing hart?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Am I the only one who is missing hart?

Postby blue wine » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 am

i know almost everyone luvs given, but I think hart is the better keeper!

at the start of the season, we had a defence problem..I blame alot of that on given! i know that he made some "great saves" but him not coming of his line and kicking etc. just didnt help our defenders and we had to play deep all the time.

and about those great saves, IMO because given is alote smaller then alot of other keepers, the saves he makes looks more spectacular! for example that save he made against wolves (at the start of the season, the one on tv all the time) hart would of saved that and it would of not looked that spectacular, because hart has a longer arms and reach.

dont get me wrong, given is a good keeper but not as good as alot of people hold him for.
Arse, l'pool & rags have been having goalkeeper problems for years, why didnt they ever go after given? he only costs 7million..
Last edited by blue wine on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: Am I the only one how is missing hart?

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:18 am

my theory is that Mancini's method of defending doesn't play to Shay's strengths.

We're seeing him facing problems he didn't used to encounter, so no longer are all his saves magnificent "shot stops", now he's called on to do different work (when our defenders fail to do their jobs) and he's not as good at it.

Hart is developing well, but we wouldn't be looking at fourth if he'd stayed first choice, and he wouldn't be pushing Shay for the shirt because he would have fucked off long before now
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sweenyuk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:26 am

I am just not a Given fan, never have been, never will be. If we are facing a penalty there is no one else I would want in goal, but for the other 89 minutes of a game I just don't have any confidence in him
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 am

sweenyuk wrote:I am just not a Given fan, never have been, never will be. If we are facing a penalty there is no one else I would want in goal, but for the other 89 minutes of a game I just don't have any confidence in him

not very open minded is it? Never, under NO circumstances?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby ruralblue » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:29 am

Yes and no.

Part of me thinks Hart having loans will only be beneficial to the club in the long term, however Given is a brilliant shot stopper. Though he showed last night why he doesn't come off his line.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: Am I the only one who is missing hart?

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 am

Hart wasn't a better keeper at the start of the season. If he maintains his present form then he will be but so far he hasn't produced that form for one full season. It would be better to let him carry on improving imo.

It's clear that our present keeper has a weakness judging/dealing with the ball in the air though & now at least we know we need Hart or a similar type of keeper in the long term.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 am

Joe Hart is 6ft 3in and Shay Given is 6ft 1in. Your argument is null and void on this count as two inches does not make that much of a difference. Hart cannot catch a ball either but he tries on occassions with varying success.

Our problem is not the goalkeepers we have but the fact we conceed so many crosses into the box, we are useless at cutting them out whereas other teams seem quite good at doubling up on wingers and cutting out crosses. It the law of averages, when we have so many balls coming into the box, one is going to come off at some point.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Blue2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:31 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Joe Hart is 6ft 3in and Shay Given is 6ft 1in. Your argument is null and void on this count as two inches does not make that much of a difference. Hart cannot catch a ball either but he tries on occassions with varying success.

Our problem is not the goalkeepers we have but the fact we conceed so many crosses into the box, we are useless at cutting them out whereas other teams seem quite good at doubling up on wingers and cutting out crosses. It the law of averages, when we have so many balls coming into the box, one is going to come off at some point.

Hart is 6ft 5".

I think Joe should be back here next season and I think there is very little between the two keepers, but I would slightly favour Hart.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby BlueSince72 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Even the best of keepers would be shit if he had 9 of his own players camped in the 6 yard box for 89 minutes....the poor fucker can't move. Our penalty area is busier than the bar at Mary D's on a saturday afternoon!!

We want Hughsie and the Tafia back!!
BlueSince72
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:03 pm

ID DEF HAVE HART BACK NEXT SEASON..GIVEN HAS NO COMPETITION FOR HIS SPOT AND THERE HAVE BEEN SOME GAMES WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DROPPED.......WHEN YOU HAVE THAT COMPETITION IT MAKES YOU A BETTER KEEPER, RIGHT NOW GIVEN JUST STROLLS INTO THAT POSITION.

I WAS WATCHING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REYNER AND GIEVN FOR THE BINDIPPING MATCH....REYNA CONTROLLED HIS AREA WITH EASE..SNAPPING UP ANY BALL THAT CAME IN THERE...GIVEN ON THE OTHER HAND FUSTRATES ME AS HE DOESNT FUCKING MOVE FROM HIS LINE.
SAYING THAT HE DID DO AGAINST STOKE AND MADE A FUCKING SHAM OF IT...................................................

HART BACK FOR NEXT SEASON FOR ME.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:my theory is that Mancini's method of defending doesn't play to Shay's strengths.

Lot to be said from that, particularly this tucking full backs in. Its almost as though Mancini is happy for the crosses to come in, on the basis that the defence/gk will get to the ball first. If this is the case then Given would always be struggling under those types of tactics
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:54 pm

not for the Chelsea game thats for sure, seem to remember Joe having a mare at S. Bridge and letting it through his legs twice.

The arguement about competition for Shay is a good one though.. although Joe might benefit from another season with Brum. As long as he knows he is coming back to us in the long run.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby King Kev » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 pm

I'd love to get him back, give him 10 games and put the onus on Given to get into the team.

However, the new loan deal has been done from what I understand so it aint going to happen.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:21 am

If Given is 6' 1'' then I've a 13" inch cock. 5' 11" at most.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dronny » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:41 am

ayrshireblue wrote:If Given is 6' 1'' then I've a 13" inch cock. 5' 11" at most.

If Given is 6' 1'' = Correct

I've a 13" inch cock = Not impossible but I really doubt it

5' 11" at most = Incorrect
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum