Gareth Barry - Your View

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gareth Barry - Your View

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am

He's a very good player. We have quite a lot of very good players but they haven't had the benefit of playing together, in the same system for more than a few months and with the way we are playing, their confidence has been drained out of them by an over cautious, negative manager who doesn't have a clue what it takes to produce a decent premier league performance.

Its happened plenty of times before that players look shit under a certain system/manager and when a change it made they look like world beaters.

Lennon under Ramos v Lennon under Redknapp
Drogba under Scolari v Drogba under Ancellotti

Good, international quality players don't turn shite overnight. Its something bigger than that.

So I'm not getting on board for anymore player bashing as long as Mancini persists with this horrible football.

I rate Stephen Ireland
I rate Shay Given
I rate Gareth Barry
I rate Shaun Wright Phillips
I rate Adebayor
I rate Nigel De Jong

What I don't rate is the efforts being made to get the best out of them in their best positions using their biggest strengths.

When a team is devoid of ALL confidence and they don't have faith in their manager, none of them look like they are good players, so listing off how shit they are one by one is a waste of fucking time.

These are the same players that helped make us the hardest team in Europe to beat before this numpty came along.
Original Dub

Re: Gareth Barry - Your View

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:10 am

Think he's done ok recently after a bit of a dodgy spell. If he was playing next to more effective, powerful & intelligent alround players like Essien & Lampard I don't think his lack of pace would be shown up to the same extent it is in our midfield, next to players like De Jong & Ireland who have been very one dimensional this season. Whether he's the right player we need to go with them assuming we keep them, is a different question. I'm not sure he is.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum