He's alive

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: He's alive

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Very dignified I thought.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:20 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Wooders wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:And if supporting the current manager is a crime then I plead guilty and there are plenty of posts from me outlining why I support the current manager and why he is a far better option than Hughes.

UNtil he proves it on the pitch then all of your reasons are null and void - at the moment he's not a better option than hughes, we are doing worse in case you haven't noticed

I disagree. I will use Hughes as an example. Hughes took over from Sven and finished lower then Sven did in the preceding season. Hughes cited the culture and mentality at the club and the players as the reason for underperforming. Hughes felt he had the solution so despite not proving it on the pitch in terms of league position, successful cup runs or even finishing high enough to qualify for Europe he was given another season and a large pot of money to get rid of players and acquire new ones.

As to doing worse then under Hughes in terms of what ADUG want, which is a top 4 finish, Mancini has put us in a stronger position so that is factually incorrect. In terms of performance Mancini has put the brakes on the free wheeling approach much beloved of the fans and opposing managers given the amount of space and time we left at the back and tried to ensure and I quote 'important that we work as a team'. You and others may not like it but lifes a bitch and all that.

The only question is can Mancini makes these changes, get the team firing again and remain in the hunt for a top 4 spot. If he can then great. If he can't then he is likely to be toast. I support his approach and believe that if we want to be a top 4 club and part of the European elite then this is the way forward. I do not think it makes sense to mope after our version of the Newcastle King Kev wishing for the good old days when we just bombed forward and crossed our fingers.

If you consider City in terms of evolution then Hughes had the road map (he was not wrong in identifying some of the problems) and Mancini is showing us the way forward. Someone else may complete the journey but in, what is ADUG's first season, we are in my opinion going along nicely

Where's Socrates these days... very quiet.

At least we've got Bob ;)
Original Dub

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Wooders wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:And if supporting the current manager is a crime then I plead guilty and there are plenty of posts from me outlining why I support the current manager and why he is a far better option than Hughes.

UNtil he proves it on the pitch then all of your reasons are null and void - at the moment he's not a better option than hughes, we are doing worse in case you haven't noticed

I disagree. I will use Hughes as an example. Hughes took over from Sven and finished lower then Sven did in the preceding season. Hughes cited the culture and mentality at the club and the players as the reason for underperforming. Hughes felt he had the solution so despite not proving it on the pitch in terms of league position, successful cup runs or even finishing high enough to qualify for Europe he was given another season and a large pot of money to get rid of players and acquire new ones.

As to doing worse then under Hughes in terms of what ADUG want, which is a top 4 finish, Mancini has put us in a stronger position so that is factually incorrect. In terms of performance Mancini has put the brakes on the free wheeling approach much beloved of the fans and opposing managers given the amount of space and time we left at the back and tried to ensure and I quote 'important that we work as a team'. You and others may not like it but lifes a bitch and all that.

The only question is can Mancini makes these changes, get the team firing again and remain in the hunt for a top 4 spot. If he can then great. If he can't then he is likely to be toast. I support his approach and believe that if we want to be a top 4 club and part of the European elite then this is the way forward. I do not think it makes sense to mope after our version of the Newcastle King Kev wishing for the good old days when we just bombed forward and crossed our fingers.

If you consider City in terms of evolution then Hughes had the road map (he was not wrong in identifying some of the problems) and Mancini is showing us the way forward. Someone else may complete the journey but in, what is ADUG's first season, we are in my opinion going along nicely

Where's Socrates these days... very quiet.

At least we've got Bob ;)

OD - do you/others have a 'hindsight' vote to cast? - we are 1 - 1
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Craig B » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Very dignified I thought.

What's he said then? I've been watching Stelling & Co.. didn't realise it had started.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Very dignified I thought.

What's he said then? I've been watching Stelling & Co.. didn't realise it had started.

Can't remember the full dialogue mate, but was very dignified.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Didn't get the Hughes dialogues over here but I read everywhere that he had nothing but praise for the players and was very dignified.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:55 pm

you can accuse him of a lot of things, lacking class isn't one of them - came across as very pro city which is commendable given his exit from the club
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Wooders wrote:you can accuse him of a lot of things, lacking class isn't one of them - came across as very pro city which is commendable given his exit from the club

Thats great to hear , I did not want to see him go I actually believed in "the project" , and managerial stability , But he has all be it with a few mill in his back pocket , Still nice to see he is not publicly slagging us Press would have a field day with that . And now imo lets move on & support Bobby Manc .
carolina-blue

Postby BobKowalski » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:05 pm

The sacking clearly hurt him. I guess he genuinely didn't see it coming. Felt a little bit for him to be honest.

And then first game back the players he brought to the club wallop Chelsea away. Not saying he wanted us to lose but I think in his position a touch of schadenfreude would not have been out of place.

It will be interesting to see where he goes next.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:38 pm

BobKowalski wrote:It will be interesting to see where he goes next.
Not really.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blue wine » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Never seen a Hughes thread without you on it.
That ia a lie. I didn't post on here at all for 3 months of his reign and before that I deliberately went out of my way to avoid talking about him.

Please don't make stuff up. Ta.

Sorry then, it should read 'you seem to appear on most Hughes threads that I've been on usually complaining about it yet still managing to slip a comment in'.

TBH i been reading 95% in this forum since 6-7 years and KK is right, he never like him but never made much of a comment about him in any thead. so ur talking out ur arse mate!!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:39 am

King Kev wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:It will be interesting to see where he goes next.
Not really.

Damn you're cold :)

I love everyone today. Even Hughes.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:47 am

OK, so what did he actually say?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:01 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:OK, so what did he actually say?

He said "I hadn't quite finished buying all the sweets in the toffee shop and the bastards took the whole shop away from me - I hate them! I hate them! I HATE them!!"

;)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dronny » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:02 am

Gordon?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:30 am

He was fine but then how he handles himself with the media was always one of his strongest points so no surprise there. His only real comment was that he felt his problem with "the powers that be" was that he wasn't their man. Good luck to him.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:15 am

blue wine wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Never seen a Hughes thread without you on it.
That ia a lie. I didn't post on here at all for 3 months of his reign and before that I deliberately went out of my way to avoid talking about him.

Please don't make stuff up. Ta.

Sorry then, it should read 'you seem to appear on most Hughes threads that I've been on usually complaining about it yet still managing to slip a comment in'.

TBH i been reading 95% in this forum since 6-7 years and KK is right, he never like him but never made much of a comment about him in any thead. so ur talking out ur arse mate!!
Thank you mate, at last somebody who tells the truth!

All in all I avoided the subject on here for about 5 solid months yet I was still accused, on an almost daily basis, of 'constantly slagging him off' and 'having an agenda' - Maybe it wasn't me with the agenda after all!

I made my feelings towards hughes very clear in a thread I started entitled 'I Don't Like Our Manager' and I got slagged off in that thread for it. After that I steered well clear of the subject but was still hounded by idiots determined to make me a scapegoat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's time to move on. I genuinely don't understand some people' obsession with hughes. I was upset when Sven left, I even attended a rally at the ground in an attempt to save his job, but I don't bang on about him all the time now he has gone!!

Maybe my mistake was to be open and honest about my feelings towards hughes from the start. What a pity that those who slagged me off for it can't be as open and honest about their feelings for Mancini!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:12 am

Original Dub wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:MANCHINI OUT

I'd bring back Hughes rapid

AMEN

Wicked comment.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

AMEN

Wicked comment.

Did you post this because we beat Chelsea?!!

HAhahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha
Original Dub

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

AMEN

Wicked comment.

hahaha
read my topic entitled "sorry" mate.