Neil Warnock to QPR?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Neil Warnock to QPR?

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Interesting that the Marmite Manager of English Football openly admitted that Crystal Palace was going to be his last job in Football yet he's now being VERY strongly linked with QPR. If anyone else has read "Made In Sheffield" then they'll know he's fallen out with nearly every Chairman he's worked for - so going to Loftus Road is akin to Topcat taking a Holiday to Battersea Dogs Home or moving his Dustbin to Barking in East London. It'll end in tears. I wonder if the wily old sod fancies one last payday?

Ian "let's have Coffee" Holloway and now Neil Warnock. QPR Fans have been spoilt with the Comedic Managers.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Neil Warnock to QPR?

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Has anyone got any idea exactly what's going on at QPR?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Briatore has finally stepped down as Chairman. Presumably put under pressure to do so by Mittal due to their 12 Managers / Caretakers over about 3 seasons. It's a classic case of a bad Chairman interfering continually and making the job a poisoned chalice for whoever dares take it on. Neil Warnock is finally the appointment they need. His record of taking over troubled Clubs and turning them in to something credible is excellent. Had Palace not been put in to Administration then I think they'd have been an outside bet for the Play Offs.

It's being heavily speculated that he'll take over next week. In the press conference after the Villa Match, he would only confirm he's going to take charge at Doncaster on Saturday.

Like I said, I bet the Guy fancies one last payday.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:45 pm

i like warnock, dont no why though. got a raw deal at palace off the guys that put the club in administration.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:48 pm

What is this Warnock obsession about mate?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 pm

btajim wrote:Briatore has finally stepped down as Chairman. Presumably put under pressure to do so by Mittal due to their 12 Managers / Caretakers over about 3 seasons. It's a classic case of a bad Chairman interfering continually and making the job a poisoned chalice for whoever dares take it on. Neil Warnock is finally the appointment they need. His record of taking over troubled Clubs and turning them in to something credible is excellent. Had Palace not been put in to Administration then I think they'd have been an outside bet for the Play Offs.

It's being heavily speculated that he'll take over next week. In the press conference after the Villa Match, he would only confirm he's going to take charge at Doncaster on Saturday.

Like I said, I bet the Guy fancies one last payday.

But are they giving the impression they're going to back the club & make a serious attempt to push it all the way or are they just pissing about as a passtime?

In theory that club would be 2nd only to us in terms of spending power & when you look at the area it's in & the fact that Chelsea used to get similar gates, they could potentially make QPR into just as big a club if they were serious.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:But are they giving the impression they're going to back the club & make a serious attempt to push it all the way or are they just pissing about as a passtime?

In theory that club would be 2nd only to us in terms of spending power & when you look at the area it's in & the fact that Chelsea used to get similar gates, they could potentially make QPR into just as big a club if they were serious.

Mittal is the money man and I think he's finally starting to get involved. His Son (a fan) is allegedly the one who motivated him in to making an investment. It's Britatore who has single handedly made the Club a laughing stock and he's now stepped down. I know a few QPR Fans and they're at wits ends with the whole charade.

Neil Warnock is the most perfect candidate for this situation - but he'll finally enjoy being able to spend a little bit of money.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Colin the King » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:49 am

I'm a huge fan of Warnock. He might be irritating when you've just beaten him but at least he cares. He really fucking cares. He had Palace doing really well under the circumstances. He's got guys like Ambrose and Danns who never really fulfilled their potential playing exceptionally well. It's only a young side but they play with so much confidence and aggression.

You'd be hard pushed to squeeze even 5 minutes worth of funnies from the likes of Moyes, Bruce, Allardyce, Pulis and McCleish. They're all so monotonous. At least Warnock gave you something to talk about.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 am

Let us also not forget that he very nearly kept Sheffield United up in the Premiership despite only spending small amounts on players. They probably only are a Championship Club - but they were doing very, very well and it's down to nothing apart from his man Management.

Away from Football, Warnock is happily married and has 4 Kids. Quite the opposite of the way he is portrayed by the Media.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:26 am

I used to hate Neil Warnock because he was willing to do just about anything to win, no matter how dodgy but over the last few years I've warmed to him a bit & I'd love to see him get the chance to manage a side with potential & money to spend, for one time in his career, rather than always being in the middle of a shit storm.

It would be really interesting to see whether he has what it takes in that situation.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dikdik » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 am

Warnock for City!!

:)
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday