Training Friday 26/2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 26/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:30 pm

Definitely a wellies day today with persistent rain and mud everywhere but they came out to train at just after 11 and I will use my good mate Neil's post from BMoon as it says it all.

Afternoon all,

I thought i'd try to get to training today as the garden centre was very quiet so nobody would be buying sheds today!

Spoke with my mucker DH and got there for an 11 o'clock start in awful conditions.

Mancini and Kidd were first out followed in dribs and drabs by the rest of the squad, they had set out 4 areas to train on so we both thought we'd get a good look at the squad.

The session started with the usual Mancini chat with the players and then the warm up where Mancini gets all the players in their own positions, some positions having 4 men some only having 1 or 2 and as a squad they then move around the pitch, twisting and turning doing little sprints etc.

Then they went on the 1 touch circles where a couple of them are in the middle and try to win the ball whilst it's being passed around.

This was all being done at the far end of the pitch so we weren't able to see too much and was looking forward to watching them on the area that had been marked out next to us.

So onto the next session.

They went in!! about 24 minutes of not a lot.

I couldn't believe my eyes all except Vieira and Adebayor, who were seriously put through it by the 3 main coaches, just strolled off to the changing rooms.

One of the photographers summed things up perfectly, she said "f***ing 3-1 and that's it!?" Kate i couldn't agree more.

I haven't had chance to go much lately due to work, but this was a joke, they come out in a very lax mood dribs and drabs, even the keepers who used to be a tight bunch strolled out in bits and bobs.

My overall impression is that the intensity has been lost, the spirits are good don't get me wrong, it's just too slow and lifeless.

Tevez wasn't there but i think he'll meet them in London, well i hope he does.

NMT

Not much I can add to that , we really were looking forward to a good session as so many of the training bits and pieces had been laid out near us but in the end that was all for the 2 suspended players. After the rest had gone in 4 coaches spent some time with these 2 before Mancini went in and Kidd went off to join the reserves.

No Tevez obviously as he will join the in London but Toure was back out there. The only good quite amusing thing was the load of cameramen in and around us were up for getting close ups of Bridge so were well disappointed when they all went in and they didn't get anything.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 26/2

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks DH.

A very light training session ahead of the trip to Chelsea on Saturday?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Let's not forget we played extra time on Wednesday night. True, Chelsea played that same night in Milan, but maybe it was reckoned a bit of rest will do them well, as we need to put Chelsea under a lot of pressure tomorrow when they have the ball if we want to get something from the trip there.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby BlueSince72 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Sounds like training is becoming as dull as the matches!! I wished they'd only played 24 minutes against Liverpool last week, I could have come home and got some jobs done....like painting and then watching it dry!!
BlueSince72
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby BlueSince72 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Let's not forget we played extra time on Wednesday night. True, Chelsea played that same night in Milan, but maybe it was reckoned a bit of rest will do them well, as we need to put Chelsea under a lot of pressure tomorrow when they have the ball if we want to get something from the trip there.

They've been having a rest since the day Mancini arrived!!
BlueSince72
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Let's not forget we played extra time on Wednesday night. True, Chelsea played that same night in Milan, but maybe it was reckoned a bit of rest will do them well, as we need to put Chelsea under a lot of pressure tomorrow when they have the ball if we want to get something from the trip there.

I agree, I'm sure it's down to the extra time. Probably done a lot of talking about tactics for Chelsea indoors. Suggests there may possibly be a similar type team tactically v Chelsea as at Stoke though, even if the personnel changes slightly.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Michael Brookes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Maybe training indoors?
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby CityGer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Game on Sunday, game with extra time on Wednesday, early kick off Saturday. I'm as hacked off as the next man about some of the things Mancini is doing at the moment but a light session today makes absolute sense.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:49 pm

You would have thought but no lets shag the shit out of the players 24 hours before the match because we lost the last match (lazy bastards!)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:53 pm

As our passing was so poor on Wednesday I would have hoped they would have spent some time doing short sharp passing and movement techniques on a 3 quarter sized pitch.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Michael Brookes wrote:Maybe training indoors?

They have all sorts of indoor gym type facilities at Carrington but not an indoor pitch. No doubt at all it will have to do with the 120 minutes at Stoke but it's still a surprise to me that some work wasn't done at all , even if just tactical with such a big match tomorrow. Deep into a season a balance has to be made between playing and training because the basic match fitness should already be there. However there is no doubt that overall the training sine Mancini arrived has been much less intense and onerous.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:As our passing was so poor on Wednesday I would have hoped they would have spent some time doing short sharp passing and movement techniques on a 3 quarter sized pitch.

I think the crap passing is down to lack of confidence in the systems played & the number of flair players often absent from the team, or out of form, rather than anything one more training session could sort out. They'll either rise to the occasion or they won't.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Just wondering if Kompany featured in training as the bbc have ruled him out with a groin injury.
To be honest it's the first i heard of him being injured and im not so sure he is,they may be wrong again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 530847.stm
Green & Blue

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Just wondering if Kompany featured in training as the bbc have ruled him out with a groin injury.
To be honest it's the first i heard of him being injured and im not so sure he is,they may be wrong again.

Kompany was out there and looked fine.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Just wondering if Kompany featured in training as the bbc have ruled him out with a groin injury.

Really hope he's not missing. Key player in this game imo as much for defending corners etc as anything.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Kompany was out there and looked fine.

Good stuff,cheers Doug
Green & Blue

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Really hope he's not missing. Key player in this game imo as much for defending corners etc as anything.

Attacking corners as well. Set pieces are a (relative) weakness we can look to exploit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

If they continue to play $hit tomorrow then we can lambast them, however any kind of a positive result will be a bonus point/s - that said I don't expect it.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Cheers Doug.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby guarani » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Doug:
Mancini indicates on the official site that RSC is a 50/50 for tomorrow. Did you notice him taking part in the practice session?
Thank you
guarani
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Roque Santa Cruz

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum