Chelsea then.. your thoughts

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Chelsea then.. your thoughts

Postby Goataldo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:58 pm

blootoof wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
john68 wrote:Hey Toof...You can't play a team like that yer numpty....Yer've got no subs mate.

Plus, Vieira and Ade are banned.

.[center].....Massimo-Battara.....Shay Given...... Stuart Taylor......

..Pablo-Zabaleta...Micah-Richards...Kolo-Toure...Vincent-Kompany...Nedum-Onuoha....Joleon-Lescott...Wayne-Bridge..

...Yoda................Nigel-de-Jong...

...Shaun-Wright_Phillips...Michael-Johnson...Gareth-Barry...Adam-Johnson...Martin-Petrov...

....Carlos-Tevez....Craig-Bellamy....

....Roque-Santa-Cruz........Jesus...[/center]

I expect to see Jesus getting onto a few crosses by Easter.

Ooof. Soz.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Zurich,
I just think that as results and/or performances go against a manager, the pressure mounts and eventually reaches a point of no return. I'm not sure why any particular game becomes the psychological "last one".
Why was Forest considered to be the final chance for taggart? Why did the Spurs result have such an effect on our boards support for Hughes?
Usually it doesn't matter if a manager has had a lot of injuries...at some point there ius one game that becomes the last chance.
I think with the last few games and going out of the cup, coupled with increased media and fan pressure...a bad result and poor performance on Saturday will see the board decide to change in the summer.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:39 pm

john68 wrote:Zurich,
I just think that as results and/or performances go against a manager, the pressure mounts and eventually reaches a point of no return. I'm not sure why any particular game becomes the psychological "last one".
Why was Forest considered to be the final chance for taggart? Why did the Spurs result have such an effect on our boards support for Hughes?
Usually it doesn't matter if a manager has had a lot of injuries...at some point there ius one game that becomes the last chance.
I think with the last few games and going out of the cup, coupled with increased media and fan pressure...a bad result and poor performance on Saturday will see the board decide to change in the summer.

Interesting point. I just think it's still a little early to tell. Although if he plays Toure tomorrow, I'll start to wonder what the heck he's doing with the defence. There more than anywhere else, we need stability. (Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Bridge for me , unless there are injuries). We seemed to be getting that (stability) recently.

Although tomorrow the emphasis for the team is to win the midfield battle, i think. Aaah ! let's see what team he puts out.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:48 pm

zuricity wrote:

Interesting point. I just think it's still a little early to tell. Although if he plays Toure tomorrow, I'll start to wonder what the heck he's doing with the defence. There more than anywhere else, we need stability. (Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Bridge for me , unless there are injuries). We seemed to be getting that (stability) recently.

Although tomorrow the emphasis for the team is to win the midfield battle, i think. Aaah ! let's see what team he puts out.

I agree with al of this.
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Personally, I think i should really be looking forward to tomorrow with relish. The chance to enhance our reputation as a top team. Give them a scare or two, test ourselves aginst the best, even if we maybe don't get a result.
For some reason, I am not looking forward to this.

I feel like a boxer...ducking, bobbing and weaving but not throwing enough leather back...I hope I am wrong cos I still think we have the players to do a job on them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Funny, it was Forest when I finally lost it with Hughes.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:05 pm

My prediction for tomorrow is a fairly routine win for Chelsea, maybe a few scares for them from Tevez, depending on how match fit/jet lagged he is. 2-0 to Chelsea, but only because they didn't try and make it any more.

I'd accept a defeat, as long as we look like we're putting in some effort and maybe crossing the half way line occasionally. Unfortunately, he's been backed into a corner and won't want to lose, hence Toure could be our most attack minded player tomorrow.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:45 am

Anyone got any ideas on which City player is going to be singled out for the Red card treatment today Possibly Zabs or De Jong ?

Earlier on this thread I wrote that I thought De Jong needs to get some crunching tackles in - fair ones ! So that we can dominate in midfield. Somehow I think we might get picked up for this today.

In the game at COMS, the great thing about City, not just De Jong , but most of the team never let Chelsea settle on the ball, De Jong in particular would put the ball out not giving players a chance to control the ball. This allowed City time to reorganise.
So maybe it should be more of the same, simply not letting the Chelsea players settle on the ball and if necesary force the thow in , for example ?

At COMS against Chelsea we had Robinho always drawing one or two or even three players. This helped. When Johnson played last week against Liverpool he was mobbed ! This will probably happen today at Chelsea, I just hope the other midfielders step up and do more running to help johnson make the pass once he draws these players to him. It was sometimes missing last week and he was left on his own. Barry and Ireland , if they play, need to be more proactive when we go forward.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:23 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:My prediction for tomorrow is a fairly routine win for Chelsea, maybe a few scares for them from Tevez, depending on how match fit/jet lagged he is. 2-0 to Chelsea, but only because they didn't try and make it any more.

I'd accept a defeat, as long as we look like we're putting in some effort and maybe crossing the half way line occasionally. Unfortunately, he's been backed into a corner and won't want to lose, hence Toure could be our most attack minded player tomorrow.

Fuck me why not make it 10-0 while you're at it?

Whatever our problems we still have the best squad of players since 1978, and you're acting like these patronising commentators:

"Oh my God City have actually got the ball off Chelsea"

Sure. they're favourites but snap out of your depression and give our squad of highly-paid internationals some credit.

I agree a defeat IS the most likely result by odds, but we're not a visiting third division club team. In most of our predictions for the run-in we have this as a defeat, but we can still get sufficient points to get 4th or even 3rd, if Mancini wakes up a bit.

0-0
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:32 am

we wont get battered but we will get beat by 2 goals, were way off the top teams at the moment, were playing shite football and doesnt look like its gonna improve!!

make me eat my own words city please
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:05 am

Chelsea have turned in one or two iffy performances recently, often stemming from mistakes by Captain Marvel, if they turn in one of those performances & we raise our game from recent standards, we have a chance.

This is a game which, in theory, should suit Mancini's tactics down to the ground. A point is no good to Chelsea so if we keep it tight & they don't get an early goal they have to take a few risks. That opens up JT & co to the possibility of Tevez &/or Bellamy running at them.

Of course in previous defeats, individual mistakes have put Chelsea a goal or two up so tactics have been rendered useless. I hope we don't hand it to them by & do something stupid like leaving JT unmarked for a free header at a corner as Dunney did at Coms last season. If we stick to our plan & everyone does their jobs as instructed we may nick something.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:13 pm

dick dastardley wrote:we wont get battered but we will get beat by 2 goals, were way off the top teams at the moment, were playing shite football and doesnt look like its gonna improve!!

make me eat my own words city please

Brown sauce on them Dicky?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Paul68 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:51 pm

gilford wrote:Whats wrong with you all!

I've just been to the bookies and put a bet on us to win 4-3, if that does happen the pints are on me!!!

On a serious note, I think we will lose, badly! I can see a cracking game for 60 minutes, then Chelski getting at least 2.

I had to put the bet on though.............. CTID and all that ;-)

How close were you mate!

well done for having the cojones and faith tho!
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Bear60 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Chelsea have turned in one or two iffy performances recently, often stemming from mistakes by Captain Marvel, if they turn in one of those performances & we raise our game from recent standards, we have a chance.

This is a game which, in theory, should suit Mancini's tactics down to the ground. A point is no good to Chelsea so if we keep it tight & they don't get an early goal they have to take a few risks. That opens up JT & co to the possibility of Tevez &/or Bellamy running at them.

Of course in previous defeats, individual mistakes have put Chelsea a goal or two up so tactics have been rendered useless. I hope we don't hand it to them by & do something stupid like leaving JT unmarked for a free header at a corner as Dunney did at Coms last season. If we stick to our plan & everyone does their jobs as instructed we may nick something.

You got it spot on there Ted Great result.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby gilford » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:14 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:
gilford wrote:Whats wrong with you all!

I've just been to the bookies and put a bet on us to win 4-3, if that does happen the pints are on me!!!

On a serious note, I think we will lose, badly! I can see a cracking game for 60 minutes, then Chelski getting at least 2.

I had to put the bet on though.............. CTID and all that ;-)

How close were you mate!

well done for having the cojones and faith tho!

Tell me about it, I could have been £2.5k richer had they just scored one more! Not since the Arsenal game have I been shouting at the TV for the opposition to score! lol

On a lighter note I also put a quid on us to come from behind and win, so I got £21, not a total loss on the day!

Well done lads, best game I have seen this year under Mancini, lets hope this is our turning point now!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum