Chester City kicked out of the Conference

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chester City kicked out of the Conference

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:18 pm

It was a toss up between Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Chester but the latter has won the race to be the first team expelled from their league this season. Sad times for many football clubs at the moment.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: Chester City kicked out of the Conference

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:23 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:It was a toss up between Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Chester but the latter has won the race to be the first team expelled from their league this season. Sad times for many football clubs at the moment.

Its a miracle this didnt happen a long long time ago, been lurching from one crisis to another for years
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:58 pm

This could end up being a bigger problem across football. I see it as a massive worry. Portsmouth have made 95.5 Million in transfers and are still struggling ! where the fuck is all the cash ?
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 pm

That's the easiest question to answer of all. Players and their agents. That's where all the money has gone and until clubs start paying sensible wages they are risking their existence.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:10 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:That's the easiest question to answer of all. Players and their agents. That's where all the money has gone and until clubs start paying sensible wages they are risking their existence.

Perfect example, Andy Bishop at Bury is on £3k a week.

They average around 3000 per game, meaning that at an average of £10 a ticket and 2 games a month at home, they generate £60k a month in gate receipts of which 12k, 20% of the gate goes to just one player. Very simplistic view, but you get my drift?

Salary cap and banning agents is the only way to stop money leaking from the game. I'd rather the owners make obscene profits than see the likes of what we have today, Pompey in administration, Southend not paid their players, Chester expelled from the league.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:49 pm

I understand Chester are appaulingly run and it's of their own making. All the other Conference Clubs seem to be able to operate within their means. It's tragic for the Supporters and Staff - but they've only got themselves to blame when the mismanagement occurs for so long. Scarborough and Halifax are the other ex-League Clubs I can think of that have pretty much finished. Fortunately, they reform further down the Pyramid and start again.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Return to The Maine Football forum