Mancini out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini out

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Silly thread - we are all happy that we won - we should all also realise that if Carlos was not the person he is and scored a goal from nothing - then we go in at half time down and we lose by a few - being realistic does no make people miserable - and youa re no happier than I - put money on CITY to win today - but just as well carlos was there
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:35 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Silly thread - we are all happy that we won - we should all also realise that if Carlos was not the person he is and scored a goal from nothing - then we go in at half time down and we lose by a few - being realistic does no make people miserable - and youa re no happier than I - put money on CITY to win today - but just as well carlos was there

and you think wanting rid of a manager after only two months in the job is reaistic???????
the_georgian_genius

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:36 pm

I'll hold my hands up and admit i've overreacted in recent weeks and need to be more patient, this is going to take time and we WILL end up at the top. We are the luckiest fans in the world having an owner like Sheikh Mansour and we have a top tactition in charge.

As far as i'm concerned, after going to the hardest away ground in the Prem and outclassing them, we have the right man in charge without doubt. And that's weather we finish 4th or not.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:36 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Silly thread - we are all happy that we won - we should all also realise that if Carlos was not the person he is and scored a goal from nothing - then we go in at half time down and we lose by a few - being realistic does no make people miserable - and youa re no happier than I - put money on CITY to win today - but just as well carlos was there

and you think wanting rid of a manager after only two months in the job is reaistic???????

whats good for the goose is good for the gander surely
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:37 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Come on where are they? Where is the disrespect of the man calling him clueless, tactically inept, a shitter manager than Mark Hughes?

You impaitent bastards!!

GET IN CITY.

You have a big fucking problem my friend. I think you used to post as SirElano or some shit and you were a knob then as well.

You should be enjoying a fantastic win with your fellow blues, but you think its all about you.

Very very sad
Original Dub

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:37 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:I'll hold my hands up and admit i've overreacted in recent weeks and need to be more patient, this is going to take time and we WILL end up at the top. We are the luckiest fans in the world having an owner like Sheikh Mansour and we have a top tactition in charge.

As far as i'm concerned, after going to the hardest away ground in the Prem and outclassing them, we have the right man in charge without doubt. And that's weather we finish 4th or not.

Great post
the_georgian_genius

Postby david yearsley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:39 pm

TBH I´m still reserving judgement - only fair to give him at least as much time as Hughes imo - problem is will he get more than 6 months ? I like Mancini and want him to succeed so I guess we´ll all just have to tune in to the next episode of the gripping soap opera that is MCFC ;))
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:42 pm

david yearsley wrote:TBH I´m still reserving judgement - only fair to give him at least as much time as Hughes imo - problem is will he get more than 6 months ? I like Mancini and want him to succeed so I guess we´ll all just have to tune in to the next episode of the gripping soap opera that is MCFC ;))

Another great post, i can take people having decent opinions such as yourselfs with comments like "tbh, i'm still reserving judgement" as that is what football is all about.

So called "opinions" such as "he is clueless", "send him packing to italy", "never felt this low in 30 years" on the basis of seeing him in action for TWO MONTHS! is the reason i posted, they are quick to jump on his back so quickly and come out with venom with their OTT "opinions" but yet then slagged me for doing the same with the opposite view.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Goataldo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Always interesting to see who goes a bit OTT in the aftermath of a great win like that.
A fantastic win but not the time for me to get over excited. Just as it wasn't when we had a poor result or two.We need consistency from here and if this doesnt do the team confidence a power of good nothing will.

This forum has been in OTT over the last few weeks in their disrespect to Mancini.

I apologise if i join in.

Cheer up you miserable bastards, we've just beaten Chelsea 4-2 on their own patch, their first lost for 38 games and all everyone can say is "first 40 mins was shite", "one win doesn't make a summer"

Smile and delight in a great win and you might just all feel happy :D

Everyone with at least half a brain is happy with the win, it's a truly fantastic three points.

I've said before I'm desperate to see Mancini give me a chance to back him, and had pretty much F.A. reasons to do so thus far, today well, we were set up to defend for a week, IMO too negative when we have the ball, even if it is Chelsea - we were so blatantly reluctant to go forward whenin possession with any more than two/three players when it was 0-0. And then when when we conceded, that made the decision for us as a team - we simply HAD to try and open them up more which meant putting more men forward and committing to something more resembling attack-minded football. Then and only then did we look like we could do some damage. I'm just not sure conceding a goal first is the best way to motivate a team to play.

But fair play to the lads, they were pretty damn convinicing today, some great performances, and I'm so pleased for John Terry!

Although I wouldn't suddenly proclaim Mancini as the revelation the Premiership/City was waiting for, it was interesting to see him making some very positive substitutions which may have suggested he was going for the throat rather then setting for anything less, in the second half. How much this was down to injuries suffered and what was available at the time on the benchm, I've not yet had chance to digest.

I'll join you in celebration though for the moment, rather than trying to open up a divide amongst fans on the back of a great away victory. Cheers. *swig*
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:How many clubs usually beat Chelski at Stamford Bridge? I don't remember, I don't recall ... please stop criticize Mancio after today well deserved triumph, give him time just as you gave much more time to ex Blackburn Rovers manager!

Exactly mate, I think we can be OTT with this result. Scoring 4 against Chelsk who've only conceded 8 all season at home is no easy feat.
I said in another post, that I saw enough in our playing aginst Stoke even though we lost, to give me some encouragment against Chelsk but this was way beyond my wildest dreams. And for those that say he's too defensive, what do you think about bringing on RSC for Bridge ???
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:How many clubs usually beat Chelski at Stamford Bridge? I don't remember, I don't recall ... please stop criticize Mancio after today well deserved triumph, give him time just as you gave much more time to ex Blackburn Rovers manager!

Exactly mate, I think we can be OTT with this result. Scoring 4 against Chelsk who've only conceded 8 all season at home is no easy feat.
I said in another post, that I saw enough in our playing aginst Stoke even though we lost, to give me some encouragment against Chelsk but this was way beyond my wildest dreams. And for those that say he's too defensive, what do you think about bringing on RSC for Bridge ???

He was a bit too negative 1st half but even so, it was only down to individual bad defending that Chelsea scored. 2nd half the attitude was positive & it paid off brilliantly. If you're going to defend you still have to have an attacking threat & 2nd half we did.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:51 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Always interesting to see who goes a bit OTT in the aftermath of a great win like that.
A fantastic win but not the time for me to get over excited. Just as it wasn't when we had a poor result or two.We need consistency from here and if this doesnt do the team confidence a power of good nothing will.

This forum has been in OTT over the last few weeks in their disrespect to Mancini.

Cheer up you miserable bastards, we've just beaten Chelsea 4-2 on their own patch, their first lost for 38 games and all everyone can say is "first 40 mins was shite", "one win doesn't make a summer"

Everyone with at least half a brain is happy with the win, it's a truly fantastic three points.

I've said before I'm desperate to see Mancini give me a chance to back him, and had pretty much F.A. reasons to do so thus far, today well, we were set up to defend for a week, IMO too negative when we have the ball, even if it is Chelsea - we were so blatantly reluctant to go forward whenin possession with any more than two/three players when it was 0-0. And then when when we conceded, that made the decision for us as a team - we simply HAD to try and open them up more which meant putting more men forward and committing to something more resembling attack-minded football. Then and only then did we look like we could do some damage. I'm just not sure conceding a goal first is the best way to motivate a team to play.

But fair play to the lads, they were pretty damn convinicing today, some great performances, and I'm so pleased for John Terry!

Although I wouldn't suddenly proclaim Mancini as the revelation the Premiership/City was waiting for, it was interesting to see him making some very positive substitutions which may have suggested he was going for the throat rather then setting for anything less, in the second half. How much this was down to injuries suffered and what was available at the time on the benchm, I've not yet had chance to digest.

I'll join you in celebration though for the moment, rather than trying to open up a divide amongst fans on the back of a great away victory. Cheers. *swig*

This thread was not aimed at me saying "i told you so" It is a thread to say don't judge to early, give the manager ad players time, support them to the hill and it will come.

Be paitent, criticise when it's valid by doing it constructivley, if you have reservations about the manager after two months, fine, but give him time, few windows and a chance to build his OWN side to prove you wrong and change your mind.

Everyone is on our backs, the press, the media, opposistion fans, they are all wanting us to fail, we should be showing a city* front and suppot each other and be paitent.

* i'm not saying a united front
the_georgian_genius

Postby Goataldo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:15 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:

This thread was not aimed at me saying "i told you so" It is a thread to say don't judge to early, give the manager ad players time, support them to the hill and it will come.

Be paitent, criticise when it's valid by doing it constructivley, if you have reservations about the manager after two months, fine, but give him time, few windows and a chance to build his OWN side to prove you wrong and change your mind.

Everyone is on our backs, the press, the media, opposistion fans, they are all wanting us to fail, we should be showing a city* front and suppot each other and be paitent.

* i'm not saying a U***d front

well I did read it as a little like that, but can't argue with your response really. Jury's still out but if you're only as good as your last result then let's enjoy it and hope for further improvement. It's a results business and we got that today. I hope tp God it continues. We shall see. Maybe Bob will learn we have more to offer a game if we are 'more dynamic' and 'a bit cuter'!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Chinners » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:24 pm

For me, the first half looked liked we were playing for a point. If Tevez hadn't scuffed that equaliser just before half time I reckon we might have got tonked second half. As it was, it seem to lift our attacking intentions.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Fish111 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:49 pm

It's very very Italian how Mancini has his team playing, it's like we try and suss out the opposition before we try to do something offensive. sometimes that time comes too late. I haven't made my mind up about Mancini yet but at the moment his style of play isn't very pleasing on the eye but if we manage to sneak into 4th come the end of the season then things may click into place.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Come on where are they? Where is the disrespect of the man calling him clueless, tactically inept, a shitter manager than Mark Hughes?

You impaitent bastards!!

GET IN CITY.

one of your worst posts really. And the first 2000-odd weren't that impressive either.

start living up to your username...on several different levels. please.

cheers

Fucking PMSL. Some of you are gutted we've won.

honestly, you are a retarded WUMfuck. Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Show a sense of dignity.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Wank from a stupid sanctimonious old cunt who has proven himself as such fairly consistently.

As I've said before I want Mancini to prove he's got the right stuff but until today, evidence of that has been in short supply.

People showing "disrespect" (cock) were in reality just people who were being served up shite performances and suspect management.

I'm not impatient but I am not going to sit quietly if it looks like we have made a mistake in appointing the wrong man. I'll happily eat my words if Mancini shows that today is the start of him being the man for the job. I'll happily admit to being OTT in reactions recently.

I'm happy....so will be everyone else. The Georgian Geriatric is just a bit of a tit
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

You impaitent bastards!!

GET IN CITY.

one of your worst posts really. And the first 2000-odd weren't that impressive either.

start living up to your username...on several different levels. please.

cheers

Fucking PMSL. Some of you are gutted we've won.

honestly, you are a retarded WUMfuck. Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Show a sense of dignity.

cheers

Your name is very apt you miserable bastard.

cheers
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:14 pm

ant london wrote:Wank from a stupid sanctimonious old cunt who has proven himself as such fairly consistently.

As I've said before I want Mancini to prove he's got the right stuff but until today, evidence of that has been in short supply.

People showing "disrespect" (cock) were in reality just people who were being served up shite performances and suspect management.

I'm not impatient but I am not going to sit quietly if it looks like we have made a mistake in appointing the wrong man. I'll happily eat my words if Mancini shows that today is the start of him being the man for the job. I'll happily admit to being OTT in reactions recently.

I'm happy....so will be everyone else. The Georgian Geriatric is just a bit of a tit

stupid sanctimonious old cunt? i'm probably younger than you you pleb. What's up? Have idisrupted the mancityfans.net clique?
the_georgian_genius

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:24 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum