Perspective after Chelsea game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Perspective after Chelsea game

Postby john@staustell » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:20 pm

It's good but it's only the start, and this is the same outfit so villified recently. But it should serve to temper a little of the amazing hysteria we have had here in the last week. I never like to attack fellow posters or disrespect opinions, but this last week has made me despair about some of the rubbish I've read. Some should hang their heads.

Now Mancini is here, like it or not. So for goodness sake lets get behind the lads, stop attacking them and the manager, and make a real drive for fourth. We have a fortnights rest now to get ourselves together and get everyone fit.

AND GO FOR IT.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Perspective after Chelsea game

Postby Kladze » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Agree with every word John :-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby blootoof » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:23 pm

I cum

that is all
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:24 pm

no, according to "the georgian genius" - we're all impatient twats and now have every right to believe that we're gonna win the world
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby david yearsley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Spot on - I think we´ve slowly been girding our loins and in some respect the Stoke games have helped us grow some - paid off big time today and now we must continue to show that we´re a team not about to be rolled over by anyone
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Wooders wrote:no, according to "the georgian genius" - we're all impatient twats and now have every right to believe that we're gonna win the world

We are Top 4. For a few minutes. Hoping Everton and Spurs draw tbh. i know i should hope for a Scouse 2 win, but i sense they may be more of a threat. i'd like a draw.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Jon London » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Perspective - We have just done the double over Chesea for first time since 1957. Bring out the opentop bus.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Chinners » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:09 pm

john@staustell wrote:It's good but it's only the start, and this is the same outfit so villified recently. But it should serve to temper a little of the amazing hysteria we have had here in the last week. I never like to attack fellow posters or disrespect opinions, but this last week has made me despair about some of the rubbish I've read. Some should hang their heads.

Now Mancini is here, like it or not. So for goodness sake lets get behind the lads, stop attacking them and the manager, and make a real drive for fourth. We have a fortnights rest now to get ourselves together and get everyone fit.

AND GO FOR IT.

This ... my concern is that we seem to raise the bar for these games and that the dire stuff returns next, still enjoy the moment i SAY
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Chinners wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It's good but it's only the start, and this is the same outfit so villified recently. But it should serve to temper a little of the amazing hysteria we have had here in the last week. I never like to attack fellow posters or disrespect opinions, but this last week has made me despair about some of the rubbish I've read. Some should hang their heads.

AND GO FOR IT.

This ... my concern is that we seem to raise the bar for these games and that the dire stuff returns next, still enjoy the moment i SAY

This could be a turning point though if Mancini keeps pushing them to break forward with more purpose. I thought it could before the game & I think so even more now. I just wish we had a game straight away to keep the momentum going so it doesn't wear off after all the wanky international friendlies.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:20 pm

I've given up with turning points ... it's still unpreditable City at the mo for me ... just not as unpredictable as in the past ... if that makes sense
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Chinners wrote:I've given up with turning points ... it's still unpreditable City at the mo for me ... just not as unpredictable as in the past ... if that makes sense

Indeed it does..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Fuckin quality result against the best team in the prem. Just wish we could play like that against the Wigans, Stokes, Boltons, Blackburns, Fulhams & Burnleys of this world.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Feed The Goat » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:04 pm

I think a rest will help us this time. Tevez has just done shed loads of travelling bellers knees are fucked. Maybe it also gives us extra time on the training ground workin on sloppy mistakes and gettin Vieira up to speed
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm still buzzing after the win and attacking football we showed in the second half :-)

Perspective tells me that Mancini has the whodoo over Ancelotti when you compare their head to head records. It was a very italian style match for the premiership and Mancini knew how to play against that set-up (a team that plays with no width whats-so-ever).

Mancini struggles against teams that play wide and cross into the box often, the traditional English way.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Wooders wrote:no, according to "the georgian genius" - we're all impatient twats and now have every right to believe that we're gonna win the world

Make my name go orange or green and i'll join the clique and agree with you all and want mancini out after two months.

I am obviously wrong and a bad bad man for supporting our manager and being paitent, you top city fans need to teach me the ropes. I'll prepare my "Mancini OUT" placard IF we are to lose against Sunderland.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Bluez » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Today was exactly what we needed, a peformance which stooped the rot. This has provided a glimpse of what could happen regularly, we haven't seen anything like this for a while so its understandable some were getting impatient. Personalyl I was really getting worried at how we seemd to be getting more and more defensive. Hopefully Mancini will stick with the more attacking setup he tried today.

Keeping Kompany and Lescott together for a run of games can also only be a good thing, we haven't had a setltled back 4 for ages.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:40 pm

We are as good as our next game!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:43 pm

AND GO FOR IT.

*Claps*...Top post there john agree with it all.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:42 pm

AND GO FOR IT.

It was so bad after the Stoke game I stayed away for a few days... now I'm back to gloat :-)

After the Stoke game I noticed there were about 400 members logged on. Today it was far less. That shows how people love to come out of the woodwork and havve a good moan.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:We are as good as our next game!

Gutted that won't be for 2 weeks.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum