we have 4 top class players

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: we have 4 top class players

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:47 pm

walmai wrote:
gillie wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Can't believe no one mentioned Adebayor. OK, he's been a bit inconsistent for us, but he's definitely a top class player.

Know what you mean Erik but i think the jury is still out on Ade to be honest i have spoken to loads of blues and the main concenus is they think he is lazy, i dont by the way.

If Tevez and Adebayor played for 30 games together next season, fired up and hungry, they could win you the league.
No I am not pissed and that comes with the rider that you'd have to (imho) transplant Villa's defence - or a like model - onto the team, but they could easily score 45 goals between them as the platform from any sensible and plaisible title challenge.

Robinho is also top class - fancy he's going to have a very entertaining Summer. Will be good to watch.

If 'top class' averages 8/10 performances, I''d say a lot of your team is a notch below that
(a lot of West Ham's is at least two)

I think that a lot of City fans are a bit impatient now, due to our upped expectations. imo having so many new players in such a short space of time it is not surprising that it would take time to gain an understanding of each other. imo, this is the main ingredient that is limiting the players we have showing their class.. ie putting in a 8 as opposed to a 6 performance.

ade, bellers, tevez, stevie, swp,( m.johnson), a.johnson, barry, de jong, kompany, lescott, bridge, zabba and shay are all capable of putting in a performance and are all capable of averaging 7 or 8/10. This City squad has never had the consistency of averaging 7/10 performances, but it appears that we are making progress slowly, there seems to be a bit more team cohesion and we seem more comfortable and able to play higher up the pitch in recent games. So my take is that with a bit of patience we might well see the collective performance levels rise to a consistent 7 by the tail end of the season and in that a fair few 8 performances. Individuals within a better collective performance can hit the heights of averaging 8/10 and i expect barry, swp, de jong, kompany, lescott and bridge to do that this season. tevez, bellers and shay are all thereabouts already. a.johnson i think is top class as well but we cant expect too much from him as yet.
ade, stevie, (m.johnson) i will now wait till next season to expect any consistency from.

But as we are a work in progress it is the level of team performance that will allow the best players to really shine week in week out.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:27 pm

gillie wrote:We have more world class players than the rags imo its just that they know how to win the shitty games as they have more experiance at the very top than we have.Who in the rag team would you honestly take at City for me it's just Shreck and at a push Evra.

They get so much more out of their players than we do though, which makes them a better squad.

All of their home grown players seem to be better trained than ours (& indeed most club's) imo & do so many of the elementary things correctly, irrespective of talent, so they get the best out of what they've got. Youngish players who sign for them often seem to take on board the same things too. Look at how often Valencia gets a dangerous ball into the 6 yard box now, eiher side of the defender, compared to when he 1st signed. Then compare that improvement to SWP over 10 years at City & Chelsea.

If Ireland & Robinho had come through the ranks at OT, both would be brilliant at taking free kicks, SWP would probably be the same & also be a consistant crosser of the ball as would Micah Richards.

I think Brian Kidd was involved in a lot of the initial training of those good habits so hopefully he can start off a dynasty of it at City.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:07 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote: ...the man with a loaf of bread for a head...

PMSL!
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum