we have 4 top class players

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

we have 4 top class players

Postby s1ty m » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Kompany, Tevez, Bellamy and De Jong.

Long time since we have had 4 of this quality.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: we have 4 top class players

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:44 pm

s1ty m wrote:Kompany, Tevez, Bellamy and De Jong.

Long time since we have had 4 of this quality.

And Lescott to that, I think he is fast turning into are best defender after a slow start.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:44 pm

I'd add Lescott and might be tempted to remove De Jong - he's quality in those sort of counter attack games, but useless in games when we need to take the attacking initiative
He needs to be more versatile before he gets put in the same bracket as Tevez and Kompany
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby citytilidie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:45 pm

+ Given
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Given
Lescott
Kompany
de Jong
Ireland (when he gets back onit)
Barry
Bellamy
Tevez

Think these would get in any squad in the Prem, most of them starting.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Kompany is really better in the heart of defense than on midfield. Well done, Mancio!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goataldo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Does no one think Vince is a bit prone to defensive lapses in concentration, and silly mistakes? I realise any professional can make mistakes 'to err is human' and all that, but after after at first thinking that the man with a loaf of bread for a head was world class, lately I've been a tad concerned as he's dropped a few clangers and sometimes under little or no pressure.

I totally agree that NdJ, Bellers, and Tevez are top drawer though. With Kompany I just need a little more conVINCing. See what I did there?

I'm here all weak (sic).
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Fish111 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Does no one think Vince is a bit prone to defensive lapses in concentration, and silly mistakes? I realise any professional can make mistakes 'to err is human' and all that, but after after at first thinking that the man with a loaf of bread for a head was world class, lately I've been a tad concerned as he's dropped a few clangers and sometimes under little or no pressure.

I totally agree that NdJ, Bellers, and Tevez are top drawer though. With Kompany I just need a little more conVINCing. See what I did there?

I'm here all weak (sic).

I personally do not rate Kompany as a quality player. For me he is an 'also ran' and nothing more. Without him we are no weaker and that is a sign of a world class player. Without Tevez we have been shit. He comes straight back and scores two goals. That is world class. Kompany is not.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Goataldo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Fish111 wrote:
uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Does no one think Vince is a bit prone to defensive lapses in concentration, and silly mistakes? I realise any professional can make mistakes 'to err is human' and all that, but after after at first thinking that the man with a loaf of bread for a head was world class, lately I've been a tad concerned as he's dropped a few clangers and sometimes under little or no pressure.

I'm here all weak (sic).

I personally do not rate Kompany as a quality player. For me he is an 'also ran' and nothing more. Without him we are no weaker and that is a sign of a world class player. Without Tevez we have been shit. He comes straight back and scores two goals. That is world class. Kompany is not.

Despite my misgivings on Vinnie, reading your post I think it's a bit harsh to call him an 'also ran'. He has quality, for me it's just whether or not he can prove his mistakes are just a few acceptable glitches, and an exception to consitnetly good form. He's not half bad, quick feet, big, strong, brave, good in the air. But yeah, 'world class' he may well be a bit short of. Always happy to be proved wrong mind. We need world class players in every position with our ambitions.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby gillie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 pm

We have more world class players than the rags imo its just that they know how to win the shitty games as they have more experiance at the very top than we have.Who in the rag team would you honestly take at City for me it's just Shreck and at a push Evra.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Can't believe no one mentioned Adebayor. OK, he's been a bit inconsistent for us, but he's definitely a top class player.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby gillie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:Can't believe no one mentioned Adebayor. OK, he's been a bit inconsistent for us, but he's definitely a top class player.

Know what you mean Erik but i think the jury is still out on Ade to be honest i have spoken to loads of blues and the main concenus is they think he is lazy, i dont by the way.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Paul68 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:33 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Given
Lescott
Kompany
de Jong
Barry
Bellamy
Tevez

Think these would get in any squad in the Prem, most of them starting.

Yep
was pleased when we got lescott thought he can be our new dave watson with years of sterling service and into the hearts of city fans.. very slow start and did panic a bit.. but top player...
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:33 pm

gillie wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Can't believe no one mentioned Adebayor. OK, he's been a bit inconsistent for us, but he's definitely a top class player.

Know what you mean Erik but i think the jury is still out on Ade to be honest i have spoken to loads of blues and the main concenus is they think he is lazy, i dont by the way.

Lazy or not, I think he's a different class than NDJ and Kompany - at least at the moment. Both of them have still time to develop into top class players, but they aren't there yet.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityGer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 pm

mr_nool wrote:
gillie wrote:

Lazy or not, I think he's a different class than NDJ and Kompany - at least at the moment. Both of them have still time to develop into top class players, but they aren't there yet.

Ade doesn't deserve to be discussed in city class terms, never mind top class until he sorts out his temper. He's missed nearly a quarter of the season due to is ego and short fuse. Not the behaviour of a top footballer. I'm fucking livid with the selfish cunt at the moment. Top class?? Bollocks. Try putting a few games together first, Ade.

Carlos is the only absolute top drawer player we have at the moment, we have another 4/5 on the verge and they have the rest of the season to prove it.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: us

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Given
Lescott
Kompany
de Jong
Barry
Bellamy
Tevez

Can't go with Ireland. He does have some class when he plays well but he simply isn't playing well and hasnt for the season with the odd part game exception.Potential yes.
Vinnie seems to split a few. Great attitude and when it's right he is real quality but I go along with the slightly error prone theory. At the mo he is being easily forgiven those mistakes because they don't all lead to goals ( like they did for Dunney)
Barry I guess would split the ranks. For me though he is top class and has been much maligned this season. The England manager certainly rates him and although he isnt spectacular he does a top team job.
Ade not for me ......YET. Another with the potential and we have seen some swesome stuff from him but just not consistent enough.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 pm

CityGer wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
gillie wrote:

Ade doesn't deserve to be discussed in city class terms, never mind top class until he sorts out his temper. He's missed nearly a quarter of the season due to is ego and short fuse. Not the behaviour of a top footballer. I'm fucking livid with the selfish cunt at the moment. Top class?? Bollocks. Try putting a few games together first, Ade.

Carlos is the only absolute top drawer player we have at the moment, we have another 4/5 on the verge and they have the rest of the season to prove it.

No way that was a red though, which only leaves the kick at Van Persie. And to be honest, if I had the chance I'd kick him in the face as well.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityGer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:58 pm

mr_nool wrote:
CityGer wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
gillie wrote:

No way that was a red though, which only leaves the kick at Van Persie. And to be honest, if I had the chance I'd kick him in the face as well.

It was harsh but if he was top class and clever enough he'd never have put himself in that position. It was petulant and self indulgent and could cost us a plce in the champions league. He endured an experience that I can't imagine in Angola and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He looked good on his return but has been a disappointment overall and to say he is top class is optimistic at best, blind at worst.

Long way to go for Ade, next couple of years and sorting out his work rate and temperament is key for him. I don't fancy him and feel he'll let us down when it matters most.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: us

Postby btajim » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:07 pm

CityGer wrote:Ade doesn't deserve to be discussed in city class terms, never mind top class until he sorts out his temper. He's missed nearly a quarter of the season due to is ego and short fuse. Not the behaviour of a top footballer. I'm fucking livid with the selfish cunt at the moment. Top class?? Bollocks. Try putting a few games together first, Ade.

I make you right, CityGer. It's frustrating because Adebayor was scoring Goals for fun at Arsenal and he's got that extra something that no other City striker has. He doesn't necessarily need to run for 90 minutes when one piece of skill can make the difference in a Match. Keep him in the opposition Box where he can do the most damage. He reminds me of Anelka in many ways - but an Anelka who has better players around him.

Also completely agree about the short fuse. That celebration against Arsenal was ridiculous and the Red card against Stoke helped us lose the Match and earn yet another year without a Trophy.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby walmai » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:27 pm

gillie wrote:

If Tevez and Adebayor played for 30 games together next season, fired up and hungry, they could win you the league.
No I am not pissed and that comes with the rider that you'd have to (imho) transplant Villa's defence - or a like model - onto the team, but they could easily score 45 goals between them as the platform from any sensible and plaisible title challenge.

Robinho is also top class - fancy he's going to have a very entertaining Summer. Will be good to watch.

If 'top class' averages 8/10 performances, I''d say a lot of your team is a notch below that
(a lot of West Ham's is at least two)
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum